QUESTION Criminal records

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hello.
Writing from the United States, I have a question concerning my criminal history and if I would be disqualified from selection in the FFL.

I was convicted for a felony, in 2006. I was also convicted of a DUI in 2009, also a felony. I have 2 felonies on my record and did serve prison time.

My question is. If I have fulfiled my obligations from my crimes, and have the ability to show my commitment to a purpose by attaining a few college degrees, would I be able to try out for selection in the FFL?

Also, I had surgery on my knee for an ACL. My knee is pretty much 100% and is as sturdy as my other knee. I am very active 32 year old. Would this be an issue?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
To follow up with this, I'd take the advice of the greens as well. If they ask, tell, but be brief, do not give too many details.
They will ask. Do not give the impression that you are being evasive. Learn your story well before hand and stick to it. There is NO coming clean later.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
careful of how you treat other members.
Learning basic French would show you are serious ,from what I read at 32 you`ll have to stand out from the crowd for positive reasons , Excellent fitness / health (teeth good?) and some basic French would make you stand out from some of ...

edit Whats your reason for wanting to join? , escapism does not seem to be accepted , wanting to be a soldier seems to be one good reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most viewed threads of the week