a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curiosity.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Do any members have an ; Honourable Member of the Blue Nose Certificate ?
Normally given to Matelots.
Sometimes to Royal Marines and the Army operating in Arctic conditions who have met the criteria.
The USN also presents them as do some other countries.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well curiosity killed the cat and it has now killed me.

What prompted me was operations which necessitated crossing the Arctic Circle.

Sadly you can buy copies on the internet. Genuine ones will be signed by the ships Captain which can be authenticated by recipients name, rank, the date, time and year + the skippers name and ship.

As you all may know you can purchase copies of the magnificent scroll foreign Legion leaving/discharge certificate.

There are simply too many Walts.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Any one sailed round Cap Horn (sailors who have done so can wear a tatoo on their ear lobe. ..know what it is ?)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Piercings banned in the military. But what does having a Prince Albert tattoo signify ?:unsure: That is my question. Single word responses preferred.😉

One or two USN Chiefs in Wanchai had them which amused the bar girls.

Just thought I would lower the tone.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Piercings banned in the military. But what does having a Prince Albert tattoo signify ?:unsure: That is my question. Single word responses preferred.😉

I know what amuses bar girls, I have been at the but of their jokes often enough. But instead of a guess I attach a pic.

BA4E6BA5-A10C-42EE-86DF-615C3E567A6C.gif

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Joe has the right idea, unless she is a vegan or on some new age bs. Just tell her it is soy and you're 90% of the way into her tunnel

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

I’m up to speed with the piercing Prince Albert as in my daft youth 40 years ago I and two army pals had it done and then proceeded to stretch them up bit of a macho competition or daft nearly got a charge for self inflicted wound!! ( got grassed up) But as I had not reported sick etc it was not preceded but I was told if it caused a problem I would be. Negative side once you get past 12 mil it never heals so got my self a watering can for life at the time it seemed a good idea!
But never heard of the tattoo.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I’m up to speed with the piercing Prince Albert as in my daft youth 40 years ago I and two army pals had it done and then proceeded to stretch them up bit of a macho competition or daft nearly got a charge for self inflicted wound!! ( got grassed up) But as I had not reported sick etc it was not preceded but I was told if it caused a problem I would be. Negative side once you get past 12 mil it never heals so got my self a watering can for life at the time it seemed a good idea!
But never heard of the tattoo.
Papillon,
Yes I shit the not a tattoo round the knob. My single word would be a very loud OUCH.
How the pain was endured I do not know.
I have no tats but was tempted, years ago, to have a discreet dagger on the inner thigh.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You guys are crazy, I'd never get the three piece poked up. I'm down with tattoos, have one in my shoulder and will get many more, but that's as far as it goes

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Papillon,
Yes I shit the not a tattoo round the knob. My single word would be a very loud OUCH.
How the pain was endured I do not know.
I have no tats but was tempted, years ago, to have a discreet dagger on the inner thigh.
Hi Chas
Had my first tattoo at 15 from a legend Terry in Glasgow it was a King Billy told me to leg it out the back door once done as near the Celtic ground and a bunch of Neds were in the waiting room knowing what I was having done.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Another USN Chief had a cherry on his knob and that really amused the bar girls.
Off duty I enjoyed my visits to Wanchai when the Yanks were on R & R.
I became a 'Jao Bar Losu' as the locals would say i.e A bar rat !
I was based in Mong Kok on the mainland so I never 'shat on my own doorstep'.
I simply took the ferry and crossed the harbour to HK Island.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Well curiosity killed the cat and it has now killed me.

What prompted me was operations which necessitated crossing the Arctic Circle.

Sadly you can buy copies on the internet. Genuine ones will be signed by the ships Captain which can be authenticated by recipients name, rank, the date, time and year + the skippers name and ship.

As you all may know you can purchase copies of the magnificent scroll foreign Legion leaving/discharge certificate.

There are simply too many Walts.

Yes if on a ship and you go into the Artic Circle everyone not already a Blue Nose goes through the Navy's Hazing. Also, if at the Equator you get your Shell Back Certificate, a big deal, and a nice on too. Finally, transiting the ditch, the Suez same applies. Damned Navy always finds a good excuse for hazing. Still today, the only form of hazing allowed in the Navy/ Marine Corps, "Official" that is. The other hazing continues to this day, all Marines know what it is to be "Blood Stripped" once you get to the Rank of Corporal.