Current or former legionnaires on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapace

Ratings
332 2 1
Home Country
France
The rule on the board is that we do not discuss about people who are absent, whatever the reason is.

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
Macao
judastravler said:
will a 10 year old Bad conduct discharge keep me out of the Legion?
....don't tell; don't be asked....howzthat for an answer....:D

...if you're relatively sane; and in good physical nick "carcasse en bonne condition" only Murder & General Mayhem certification by Interpol can keep you outside of the FFL....just show previous employment/activity papers before entering....and look into yer soul and decide to change your ways....

...ya won't know until ya try....

Last edited:

wrc

It has been thousands of guys serving ffl. I am proud of my time but don't think less of those who never served or went home during. I was on 2 REP/4cie my whole contract (169448) We were Cie tournante in Djibouti when u enlisted Kuhlman :)

ALEX LOCHRIE ✞

Legionnaire
RIP ✞
Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi Patrick
Can you add my name to your list of ex Legionnaires. I know that I have been on the board before but don't seem to be listed. For the record:-
CCH LOCHRIE Alexander 1983 - 1994 2eme REP 1st CIE; CCS/BOI
Photographer regimentaire. Old fart (Age at joining 38) , etc. etc.
Get loads of emails from ex Legion friends, and don't hide behind some strange name. Come to think of it, didn't change my name in the Legion either. I travel a lot so sometimes fail to get back to all who have e-mailed me, sorry.
For all you wanabees or those of you who know me and have not found my online book about my time in the REP, ask Patrick or look up my name in Google. Lots of photos and interesting stuff if you are thinking of joining up. I don't make anything out of it, just hope you find it interesting. Hi to you all.
Alex (also known as THE OLD ONE) :cool:

Last edited:

K9-

Home Country
Croatia
aaaaah, you are the artist. i red couple of month ago this book. i see you had a though life. very brave of you.

cheers

Home Country
United States
Alex,

Your on-line book really is an exceptional and informational read, and probably one of the best examples of what a person can really get out of the Legion.

Simply awe-inspiring.

Black-Panther

Home Country
United Kingdom
ALEX LOCHRIE said:
Hi Patrick
Can you add my name to your list of ex Legionnaires. I know that I have been on the board before but don't seem to be listed. For the record:-
CCH LOCHRIE Alexander 1983 - 1994 2eme REP 1st CIE; CCS/BOI
Photographer regimentaire. Old fart (Age at joining 38) , etc. etc.
Get loads of emails from ex Legion friends, and don't hide behind some strange name. Come to think of it, didn't change my name in the Legion either. I travel a lot so sometimes fail to get back to all who have e-mailed me, sorry.
For all you wanabees or those of you who know me and have not found my online book about my time in the REP, ask Patrick or look up my name in Google. Lots of photos and interesting stuff if you are thinking of joining up. I don't make anything out of it, just hope you find it interesting. Hi to you all.
i read your memoirs on your website they where great. anyway welcome ancie legionaire.

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
Macao
ALEX LOCHRIE said:
...Your graphics are stunning...Did you show this talent in the FFL ? You would have a place at the Képi Blanc...

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
Macao
jodys2 said:
Would you recomend the legion to a 30 year old looking for combat
...noone is going to recommend it to you guaranteeing that you'll see combat ASAP...it is for you to make the decision to join: on what you intend to do with your life....Start with the FAQ stickie...

Last edited:

liberto

Home Country
Spain
i'm liberto
and sorry for my English!!!

Thanks for including me in your list (my mle is 170.202. I served between 1984 and 1999). I was also part of the SMPS in 1RE. I'm in Belfast now and i would like meet anciens legionnaires.

Salutations a tous
liberto

Last edited by a moderator:
Home Country
United States
Legion818 said:
I've been to Aubagne, and got sent home after failing the Cooper test - the guy behind actually failed it for me!

What'd he mean by this remark? How could a guy behind you cause you to fail?

ALEX LOCHRIE ✞

Legionnaire
RIP ✞
Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi Eagle Eye.
I had to go to Aubagne for some dental treatment which should have taken about a week. In between appointments at the hospital, it was suggested that I work in the Kepi Blanc office.
I soon noticed that my appointments kept being cancelled and by the end of 4 weeks I had to phone my CDC in Calvi to rescue me. Aubagne was not where I wanted to be.
At the end of my 11 years service when I went to Aubagne for my last couple of days, I was asked to stay on and offered a place at the Kepi Blanc.
I had already bought commercial property in Calvi to open an art gallery and the REP had agreed to my teaching art to the families, and provided a studio.
I continued to work closely with the regiment until I finaly left Calvi in 2001.
:cool:

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
Macao
ALEX LOCHRIE said:
Hi Eagle Eye.
I had to go to Aubagne for some dental treatment which should have taken about a week. In between appointments at the hospital, it was suggested that I work in the Kepi Blanc office.
I soon noticed that my appointments kept being cancelled and by the end of 4 weeks I had to phone my CDC in Calvi to rescue me. Aubagne was not where I wanted to be.
At the end of my 11 years service when I went to Aubagne for my last couple of days, I was asked to stay on and offered a place at the Kepi Blanc.
I had already bought commercial property in Calvi to open an art gallery and the REP had agreed to my teaching art to the families, and provided a studio.
I continued to work closely with the regiment until I finaly left Calvi in 2001.
...Légionnaire p-a-r/g-r-a-n-d-e/E-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-ce...if I may say so...
liberto said:
i'm liberto
and sorry for my English!!!

Thanks for including me in your list (my mle is 170.202. I served between 1984 and 1999). I was also part of the SMPS in 1RE. I'm in Belfast now and i would like meet anciens legionnaires.

Salutations a tous
liberto
...Contact Martin Scott...apparently former legionnaires meet on Camerone Day just off the U.S. embassy in London...

Last edited:

Bloakey

Home Country
Ireland
The Dude said:
Eagle eye said:
.....5-star battle restaurant in Roumieh prison near Beirut city......
Do you remember those lovely toilets just outside the perimeter wall??? My God they were filthy, proper toilets on platforms (no walls or roof if I recall correctly) all looking out over glorious Lebanese hills, all also covered with myriad hues of shite and used toilet paper.

I used to go into the prison to have a beer with the Lebanese (strictly forbidden) and I can still recall the shock of being just outside the main door when a huge American truck full of hooded 'terrorists' were beaten inside and up the stairs to the cell blocks.

Fscking hell, what a place to choose as a local.

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
Macao
Bloakey said:
I used to go into the prison to have a beer with the Lebanese (strictly forbidden) and I can still recall the shock of being just outside the main door when a huge American truck full of hooded 'terrorists' were beaten inside and up the stairs to the cell blocks.

Fscking hell, what a place to choose as a local.
..When there, the prison was empty and it was one of the most surreal sight of the whole mission walking and and out of cells, rattling the doors....

Other sights were looking at the devastated and bombed out and burnt façades of waterfront luxury hotels; the postcard-perfect postcards and the reality of the devastated 'Place des Martyrs'; travelling at speed through abandoned residential quarters along the 'Green Line' demarcation betwen East and West Beirut connecting with Place des Martyrs; taking a swim and a meal at Byblos....then back to bombs and bullets....

Last edited:

Bloakey

Home Country
Ireland
Eagle eye said:
..When there, the prison was empty and it was one of the most surreal sight of the whole mission walking and and out of cells, rattling the doors....

Other sights were looking at the devastated and bombed out and burnt façades of waterfront luxury hotels; the postcard-perfect postcards and the reality of the devastated 'Place des Martyres'; travelling at speed through abandoned residential quarters along the 'Green Line' demarcation betwen East and West Beirut connecting with Place des Martyres'; taking a swim and a meal at Byblos....then back to bombs and bullets....
I think that we possible went there after you and things were starting to liven up a bit. The prison system seemed to have developed an appetite for men in beards rather than men in 'cheches'.

We had two days off in our four months there, the first was to a brothel and I declined the offer, they put me in charge of the guard for 'mauvaise volonté' :D . For the second one (I was at the UNESCO school at the time) we stashed our weapons and went to Byblos, swimming and then on to a convent with the worlds biggest statue of the Virgin Mary. We sat there watching the shells falling on Jounieh.

I intend to go back after the latest shenaningans

KRJ

Home Country
Norway
ALEX LOCHRIE said:
Hi Eagle Eye.
hey I read your book online you did a very good job liked the good pictures you had from sarajevo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most viewed threads of the week