a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DCLXVI is a legionnaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I am indeed the father of a boy who joined the Legion. I became a member of this forum to try to understand better what is now my boy's life. When I read Rapace's post I think that there must be some truth in what people say : legionnaires, and especially those who have a little bit of power, like the "cabo-chef" he mentioned, must be brutal and rather disrespectful of human life.
Rapace is a good mod. Has to put up with the lads! Same with D.P you see we have our own mentality and give short thrift to those who don't understand! That's the way it was back in the day!

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Just to cheer you all up.

Rapace BANNED me and a Green. We were both in a minor verbal bun fight. That was many years ago.

Rapace acts without malice and is an excellent moderator. The forum is lucky.

Now I am 'brown nosing' in case he bans me again (?) lol.

thadeusz

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Belgium
Sincere apologies Thadeusz for the last part of my previous post. I didn't remember you were the father of a serving legionnaire and not a wannabe. Having said that, there's no real reason for being shocked by the word ‘ban’... That's the usual term on internet forums. And yes, when people have some power, they may tend to abuse it... Always good to keep that in mind.

Now that you know that "DCLXVI" is really a legionnaire, are you going to 'unban' him ? And how are you going to let him know that he is again a full member ?

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Ok, thanks Mark and Chas for the kudos... ;) :D

Now that you know that "DCLXVI" is really a legionnaire, are you going to 'unban' him ? And how are you going to let him know that he is again a full member ?
I don't ‘know’ that he's a legionnaire, so far I've only heard people saying he is. That makes a difference...

Having said that, I have decided to lift the ban put on DCLXVI. So, if he actually made it in the Legion and wants to share with the forum a first-hand account of his experience, he can come back if he provides the mods with solid evidence of his success. Otherwise, let's move on. Third parties discussing about someone who's absent is slightly ridiculous, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most viewed threads of the week