Dental Braces

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
Hello everybody! I want to join the legion next summer but I have one question for which I didn’t find any answer : Can I join the legion if I have dental braces? Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody! I want to join the legion next summer but I have one question for which I didn’t find any answer : Can I join the legion if I have dental braces? Thanks a lot.
giphy (15).gif

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
The only problem i can see, is getting them tightéd (rendez vous @ rhe dentists etc )
Wait till you are finished before joining. .it wont be long

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Floow, although I can't offer a valid opinion on braces, I was just wondering if you could remove them yourself or does it need a dentist?

OP
F
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
Thanks everybody! @Joseph Cosgrove i need a dentist to remove them.My problem is to be rejected because 4-5 months without visiting a dentist and without tightening them isn’t a problem. @Le petit caporal , I want to join the legio with dental braces because I need to wait 2 years till I remove them.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I want to join the legio with dental braces because I need to wait 2 years till I remove them.
That may be a problem. Before going to ex-Yougo, everyone in the company had to have a panoramic x-ray of our teeth to make sure that everything was up to scratch. I;m not saying that the dentist could not take of your brace and re-fix it, but would they look at it that way in Aubagne?
Why didn't you take the time to introduce yourself?

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
We could not enlist anyone with braces in the Corps, step back, we could with a letter from the Dentist stating they would be removed before shipping to boot camp. The problem is that you are not deployable with braces. There are Dentists on deployments; however, they are there for emergencies and for the wounded, not there to attend to braces.

One could get their Commanding Officer, LtCol, to sign a letter to get braces once you were in the Fleet Marine Forces, but in doing so one became Non-deployable for the duration the braces were to be on. Some people have to wear braces for years, longer than an enlistment, so in general, one did not get the command's approval

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
While no one on this forum can give you a solid affirmative or negative, my guess would be that you most likely get rejected.
There are many candidates with no issues at all.

OP
F
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
@USMCRET thank you for your ample answer and for clarifying me.That’s sound like a problem for me.Now I don’t know what to do because I don’t have yet dental braces , only next month I am scheduled for this.Do you think is better for me to quit the braces? Because also my teeths are in good condition.The only reasons for which my doctor recommended me the braces was because I have few tilted teeths.Or maybe put the braces and join the legion with a letter from the doctor stating that I can remove them anytime?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Again, I'd like to point out the fact that you did not introduce yourself. Why not?
Now we find out that you haven't even had the braces fitted and it's because of a few crooked teeth. How old are You?

OP
F
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
One more question guys.I have to small scars on my left hand , these could be a problem? I had an accident with a chainsaw when I was little , that’s the reason.One of them has like 1 cm and the other like 2 cm.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
@USMCRET thank you for your ample answer and for clarifying me.That’s sound like a problem for me.Now I don’t know what to do because I don’t have yet dental braces , only next month I am scheduled for this.Do you think is better for me to quit the braces? Because also my teeths are in good condition.The only reasons for which my doctor recommended me the braces was because I have few tilted teeths.Or maybe put the braces and join the legion with a letter from the doctor stating that I can remove them anytime?
If anything I'd see about getting those invisible liners and not traditional braces. The liners can be removed at anytime like a mouth guard. Traditional wired braces require a lot of maintenance.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Do not put dental braces ! They are not so effective as doctor will tell you. They just making money with them.

That little correction in teeth alignment braces could do is not worthy of money your giving and troubles you going through. Braces or uncomfortable to wear both physically and mentally. You have to wear them in years in order to have some progress and then when you stop wearing them there is high possibility teeth would go back almost in same position than before braces. They also causing teeth to become more loose and even may cause some to fall out. READ.

Take all that in consideration and you will see that isn't worthy. And you also now have Legion on top of it.

When I was 14 Y I was wearing some old type which could be removed. I still remember dentist telling fairy tales to me and my parents about what braces could do. He was also going so low and presenting my condition worse than actually was ruining my self confidence at the time in prices (14 y is worst possible time for that and and having fire in your mouth only worsening things) only so he could take money. (That SoB! Thinking back on that events its coming to me to do some kind of revenge on that idiot)

I'm pretty sure you dentist doing similar stuff.

Also I don't know one person for whom braces actually worked other than barely noticeable correction. Those days I'm seeing young girls with almost perfect teeth wearing braces. It's ridiculous.

So NO man! Listen to me, don't put that sh*t in your mouth. There is other, more efficient ways to have nice smile

Last edited:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Blow
(blow a whistle and blow is slang for ganja)
Easier and cheaper ways to arrange crooked teeth are. .?
Teeth are more important than any foriegn legion

@ Floow
Get your teeth fixed and when done, reconsider joining the Legion
In the mean time
Learn french and work your body
7 pull ups minimum etc
Legion or not
Your teeth and smile is an asset in life
Jobs come easy for he who has Pearl white teeth and a genuine smile

OP
F
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
@dusaboss @Le petit caporal thank you For Telling me your opinion.I will think very well At this decision ( to quit or no the braces ).And also I have a very hard choice to make , because till summer I have to decide if I join the legion or I go to university.

Most viewed threads of the week