Deployment and pay

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
India
Hello everyone and honourable legionnaires, I want to join FFL but I have a question how many deployments does the Legion give you in your 5 years tenure and how much legionnaires get paid on foreign tours? And how long their deployments last for? Thank you #respect.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
Mate the more threads you create the more irritated people are going to get. Introduce yourself properly and you might get a response to your question.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
From what I remember from my brief, a new legionnaire makes about a thousand euros a month. That almost doubles on tour. But being honest, if money is your motivator, have you considered college? Soldiers in any army don't get paid all that much.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
The base pay is 1,280 € per month and it triples on tour. I'm not sure if the pay is the when you are on Vigipirate as it is for overseas deployments.
Nothing sure, but you may be deployed around twice in 5 years. It last about 5 months and you will get 3,500€ per month.

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
As mentioned above by Dusaboss, you start your career with a base pay of 1,280 € /month. Up to and including the rank or corporal, you’re accommodated (lodging and food) for free.
The number of deployments is variable. Don’t expect any in the first year, then it depends on the regiment you’re in, your role in the regiment and of course... the international situation. Duration is 4-6 months. Overseas pay depends on the location. If you’re sent on a theatre of operations, it’ll be higher than if you’re just on a regular tour in some overseas base. An order of magnitude is between 2 or 3 times the base pay.
The overseas premium called ISSE (Indemnité de sujétions pour service à l'étranger) is tax-free, not the ISC (Indemnité de Service en Campagne) that you get on Vigipirate / Sentinelle patrol missions or when you’re out in the field for an exercise for example. The ISC is also lower.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Good that you don´t have to pay Food & Accommodation in the Legion which is a big plus. Not like the British Army, mind you, you never saw it so never thought about it.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Good that you don´t have to pay Food & Accommodation in the Legion which is a big plus. Not like the British Army, mind you, you never saw it so never thought about it.
Like a government tax but for food... that’s hilarious 😂. Men who have given all maybe life get taxed to eat. Not cool... 🤦‍♂️

“An army marches on its stomach.”
Napoleon Bonaparte. Hey only one of the greatest military minds the worlds known, but what did he know hmmm.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Like a government tax but for food... that’s hilarious 😂. Men who have given all maybe life get taxed to eat. Not cool... 🤦‍♂️
The food we got was good & the Army Chefs on the ball. Later on, when I was married in the Army it was good because I always got money back for everything. They did look after you. I think the Legion is the same in another aspect, you are a single man so if you want to save it´s good. I am sure the married guys in the Legion must get some perks too.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
The food we got was good & the Army Chefs on the ball. Later on, when I was married in the Army it was good because I always got money back for everything. They did look after you. I think the Legion is the same in another aspect, you are a single man so if you want to save it´s good. I am sure the married guys in the Legion must get some perks too.
Already if you are allowed to marry in the Legion, you will have your perks: Sgt or Cch or Cpl + 8 years of service.

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Not only in the Legion, it's a general rule in the whole French military. In my time this “freeloading” was possible up to and including the rank of CCH (caporal-chef). Apparently they've brought the limit down. Single NCOs (sergeants and up) could request to be accommodated on the base, in the single quarters (that were often turned into a big “brothel” when some decided to smuggle chicks in) but they had to pay (I mean to pay for the room... and also sometimes for the ladies, but that's another story :giggle:).

What is Cch?
Short for caporal-chef (a rank above caporal and below sergent).

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Guilty on all accounts. Me and the big Jake would rob the NCO and officers mess. The CCH “popote” too
Frigg the over paid, under worked, over fed, SONS OF BITCHES.

Most viewed threads of the week