a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Documentary

legionnn

Reaction score
Home Country
Montenegro
What is your favourite documentary?

2 that i really like was
-SAS search for warriors
-Two weeks in hell

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
The Devil in Mrs. Jones, Deep Throat and Debbie Does Dallas (Otherwise known as "Triple D")

Your goal should be to learn enough to get your girl qualified in all 3 drop zones. This will make you a better future Legionnaire, or so I have heard! ;)

Tonyus

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
"Beerfest" and all of the above.

legionnn

Reaction score
Home Country
Montenegro
I've seen beerfest a while ago and it was good.
and i've seen the trailer from the ones above, looks interesting

sdelapresilla

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Vietnam
Restrepo and all the bloody ones from the BBC regarding British troops in Afghanistan. They're so good.

Löken

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
They had to we copy Royal Marines Commando.
Sadly they arent that tough anymore, alot happend under the 90.s and today women can join witch are no good.

Brad Eldergar

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Yes they can even go for the Swe para, I think the soldiers and officers dont like it.
But it have change alot in both FJS and KJ.

I was going to write something about me being doubtful about the physical standards and women concernig paras and marines but... As you said "a lot have changed".
:confused:

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
I was going to write something about me being doubtful about the physical standards and women concernig paras and marines but... As you said "a lot have changed".
:confused:

Women are allowed to apply for KJ or FJS nowadays, but there is no affirmative action to get them into the units. They have to hack the tests like anybody else. No woman has yet been accepted into KJ (the "coastal rangers"). This I know for a fact. The FJS (paras) I'm not 100 % sure about, but strongly doubt it.

The physical demands for being accepted haven't really changed, however it is harder nowadays to find good enough recruits to fill the spots. PlayStation generation :) you know. KJ has also moved from being primarily a light infantry unit (with a lot of "kill"-attitude) as seen in the documentary to more of a recon/intel/SF kind of unit. Not softer, but different.

The documentary "Blod, svett och bajs".. hehe.. Pretty good watch, though there are some parts that are somewhat staged and obviously they weren't allowed to film everything that went on. Still a decent docu.

OnT: Restrepo and Triple D are my favourites ;)

sdelapresilla

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Vietnam
Women are allowed to apply for KJ or FJS nowadays, but there is no affirmative action to get them into the units. They have to hack the tests like anybody else. No woman has yet been accepted into KJ (the "coastal rangers"). This I know for a fact. The FJS (paras) I'm not 100 % sure about, but strongly doubt it.

The physical demands for being accepted haven't really changed, however it is harder nowadays to find good enough recruits to fill the spots. PlayStation generation :) you know. KJ has also moved from being primarily a light infantry unit (with a lot of "kill"-attitude) as seen in the documentary to more of a recon/intel/SF kind of unit. Not softer, but different.

The documentary "Blod, svett och bajs".. hehe.. Pretty good watch, though there are some parts that are somewhat staged and obviously they weren't allowed to film everything that went on. Still a decent docu.

OnT: Restrepo and Triple D are my favourites ;)

Triple D? Maybe you can pass a link? :D