ANSWERED Drug trafficking record

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Hi there, I will call myself Maximus but I do not wish to post my name as I would like to stay anonymous. I want to firstly say thank you to all, who is taking the time to read and assist with my enquiry. THANK YOU. What I can say is that I am 28 years old from Australia, my parents are from the middle east. Despite living in Australia, I lived in a very dangerous and rough place.

When I was 23 years old I was charged with Conspiracy to import a commercial quantity of a border controlled substance namely methamphetamines. I was involved in a drug trafficking ring and my part was small, regardless, I pulled out of that but I did enough to land me in prison for two years and was released on parol for another year because of good behaviour. Since then, I started a very successful business, created a very good name in my community life coaching young kids and helping people with techniques to become more mentally stronger. I have done many programs that I have worked extremely hard to afford as they are in the tens of thousands because I wanted to invest in myself. Most notably I completed a "Date with Destiny - By Tony Robbins" course.

I have no mum and dad as such, my family were never united and I was out in the streets since I was 16 years old. Furthermore, that is the only criminal conviction I have.

When I was 19 years old, I was in the Australian Airforce, after completing my recruit training, I decided to leave because I was persuaded by friends at home that I was changing into something I was not. I was so immature back than and didn't realise my friends back home wanted me to become just like them. I longed to be part of and accepted by others. This poor way of thinking caused many bad decisions that lead me trusted the wrong people. I learned the very very hard way. Life was never easy for me, but I am so grateful for it now.

I remember a week before my arrest, I was accepted into the Australian Army as Infantry. But I was soon to end up in prison for the period mentioned earlier.

I have done so much in business and my own mindset to become a honourable, respected and intelligent person. I have learned from my mistakes and will never commit anything that is against my fellow man.

All I ever wanted to be was a soldier, I still have not given up. I am ruthless with my training and people know me for it. I am extremely fit and have the same fitness standards of an Australian Commando candidate. I can pass the entry test with flying colours but they wont give me a chance to prove myself.

Will the French Foreign Legion accept a man who has made amends from his mistakes? will the legion give me a chance even though I made a dishonourable mistake? I need to know, I want to pack my bags and leave it all behind because I am not satisfied here with not living my dream. My reason for joining is to test myself and see what I know i'm truly made of. I want to develop skills and experience things that only some men dream of attaining. I really love the military lifestyle and there is no greater way to live, than in service for something as such as this brotherhood. I know it is extremely hard, but that is the type of person I am.

I look forward to hearing from your responses and thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Warm Regards

Maximis

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
All the best, It's a long way to go, so make sure that you are prepared for a long stay (5 years).

Just a quick remarque... I noticed that you posted yesterday and up to now you have had 3 likes. Come everyone, let;s be a bit more encouraging. :cool:

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Will the French Foreign Legion accept a man who has made amends from his mistakes? will the legion give me a chance even though I made a dishonourable mistake? I need to know, I want to pack my bags and leave it all behind because I am not satisfied here with not living my dream. My reason for joining is to test myself and see what I know i'm truly made of. I want to develop skills and experience things that only some men dream of attaining. I really love the military lifestyle and there is no greater way to live, than in service for something as such as this brotherhood. I know it is extremely hard, but that is the type of person I am.

I look forward to hearing from your responses and thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Warm Regards

Maximis
Probably, there have been others who served time in prison.
All you can do is try to join because no one can really say for sure what the interviewing officer will decide.
[one of my mottos, I have already 50% no, but I might get 50% yes]

OP
M
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Probably, there have been others who served time in prison.
All you can do is try to join because no one can really say for sure what the interviewing officer will decide.
[one of my mottos, I have already 50% no, but I might get 50% yes]
Thank you for your reply. I am going to try in the coming months. I am going to learn some French. I read that this can benefit me a great deal. In the interview I will be honest about this aspect should they ask. All I can do is continue training and learning. Thank you for your time.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Its well known I served prison sentence prior to joining the Legion and was on the run at the time and was accepted! What you tell them is as much as they no sometimes we have to leave stuff out or not all you need to do is stay to your story but if you don’t offer your details about prison then the Legion is not going to no!
My advise is not give to much detail on this open form it could come back and bite you. Good luck.

OP
M
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Its well known I served prison sentence prior to joining the Legion and was on the run at the time and was accepted! What you tell them is as much as they no sometimes we have to leave stuff out or not all you need to do is stay to your story but if you don’t offer your details about prison then the Legion is not going to no!
My advise is not give to much detail on this open form it could come back and bite you. Good luck.
Thank you for your response. When I hear members saying they will not know, it confuses me because I am sure they will find out about the record or is it that they only check to see if you have a "current arrest warrant" only? because those are two different checks i suppose.

Last edited:

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Hi there, I will call myself Maximus but I do not wish to post my name as I would like to stay anonymous. I want to firstly say thank you to all, who is taking the time to read and assist with my enquiry. THANK YOU. What I can say is that I am 28 years old from Australia, my parents are from the middle east. Despite living in Australia, I lived in a very dangerous and rough place.

When I was 23 years old I was charged with Conspiracy to import a commercial quantity of a border controlled substance namely methamphetamines. I was involved in a drug trafficking ring and my part was small, regardless, I pulled out of that but I did enough to land me in prison for two years and was released on parol for another year because of good behaviour. Since then, I started a very successful business, created a very good name in my community life coaching young kids and helping people with techniques to become more mentally stronger. I have done many programs that I have worked extremely hard to afford as they are in the tens of thousands because I wanted to invest in myself. Most notably I completed a "Date with Destiny - By Tony Robbins" course.

I have no mum and dad as such, my family were never united and I was out in the streets since I was 16 years old. Furthermore, that is the only criminal conviction I have.

When I was 19 years old, I was in the Australian Airforce, after completing my recruit training, I decided to leave because I was persuaded by friends at home that I was changing into something I was not. I was so immature back than and didn't realise my friends back home wanted me to become just like them. I longed to be part of and accepted by others. This poor way of thinking caused many bad decisions that lead me trusted the wrong people. I learned the very very hard way. Life was never easy for me, but I am so grateful for it now.

I remember a week before my arrest, I was accepted into the Australian Army as Infantry. But I was soon to end up in prison for the period mentioned earlier.

I have done so much in business and my own mindset to become a honourable, respected and intelligent person. I have learned from my mistakes and will never commit anything that is against my fellow man.

All I ever wanted to be was a soldier, I still have not given up. I am ruthless with my training and people know me for it. I am extremely fit and have the same fitness standards of an Australian Commando candidate. I can pass the entry test with flying colours but they wont give me a chance to prove myself.

Warm Regards

Maximis
Passport-Interpol-AFP (Australian Federal Police) “that’s how it will work in your case. Maximis, you are now 28 years old. If you are dinkum about the Legion then get moving. My advice is take photo copies of any previous military service, get on board that plane to Paris ASAP. Travel south to Aubagne (Legion H.Q). Be honest with the Legion from day one, and tell them that you want the opportunity to wear the kepi Blanc. Make damn sure that you the funds to get back to Australia if the Legion doesn’t want you. All the best.

Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Passport-Interpol-AFP (Australian Federal Police) “that’s how it will work in your case. Maximis, you are now 28 years old. If you are dinkum about the Legion then get moving. My advice is take photo copies of any previous military service, get on board that plane to Paris ASAP. Travel south to Aubagne (Legion H.Q). Be honest with the Legion from day one, and tell them that you want the opportunity to wear the kepi Blanc. Make damn sure that you the funds to get back to Australia if the Legion doesn’t want you. All the best.
Done. I have given my notice at work and leaving soon. Thank you all for your advice and assistance. I guess the only way I will find out is if I try.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Maximus and welcome to the forum. Whatever you decide (to come clean or lie), do NOT change your mind. There is not just one interview, but several. It could be that there are different people asking the questions. You must not vary from the original story.

OP
M
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Hi Maximus and welcome to the forum. Whatever you decide (to come clean or lie), do NOT change your mind. There is not just one interview, but several. It could be that there are different people asking the questions. You must not vary from the original story.
Hi Joseph, thank you for your response. I am very clear as to what I will do. Your advice is most definitely sound. Thank you

analog

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
I have no knowledge of my own, but I have seen one documentary (this one, at 5:45: ) where they claim that drug trafficking is a no-go.

If you don't tell them, you will probably need to have some other reason prepared for why you're looking to join the Legion rather than the ADF. Best of luck, whatever you decide.

OP
M
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
I have no knowledge of my own, but I have seen one documentary (this one, at 5:45: ) where they claim that drug trafficking is a no-go.

If you don't tell them, you will probably need to have some other reason prepared for why you're looking to join the Legion rather than the ADF. Best of luck, whatever you decide.
Wow I literally just watched this an hour ago. Definitely a lot more harder in real life than what’s showed in this doco.

I think it’s case by case basis, I believe they accept some people if you only did it once and your of good moral character in the present. Also, I don’t think starting out with a lie is a good idea neither. I’m just going to be honest. If they don’t let me in the legion, it’s okay, I know I’ve tried. I will be very upset, because honestly, I think the legion is better than the ADF. It’s a real mans army, it’s proper discipline and I’m going in because I want to be toughened. But I’m motivated, fit and want to be in the legion for life. So I will just see what happens. I am learning French now too to help my chances. I think if I could offer anyone advice, it would be to give it a go and see for yourself. Everyone says everything, best way to be sure is to try. Thank you very much for your input. Just be weary that if anyone has a federal offence, it would be linked to Interpol. No point of lying. They will know, but state crimes they have no idea about, so you can lie if you choose to about that. But not a good attitude to begin a life in the legion with a lie. Better your brothers know, should you choose to be a lifer in the legion. That’s only my opinion. We shall see soon enough.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Wow I literally just watched this an hour ago. Definitely a lot more harder in real life than what’s showed in this doco.

I think it’s case by case basis, I believe they accept some people if you only did it once and your of good moral character in the present. Also, I don’t think starting out with a lie is a good idea neither. I’m just going to be honest. If they don’t let me in the legion, it’s okay, I know I’ve tried. I will be very upset, because honestly, I think the legion is better than the ADF. It’s a real mans army, it’s proper discipline and I’m going in because I want to be toughened. But I’m motivated, fit and want to be in the legion for life. So I will just see what happens. I am learning French now too to help my chances. I think if I could offer anyone advice, it would be to give it a go and see for yourself. Everyone says everything, best way to be sure is to try. Thank you very much for your input. Just be weary that if anyone has a federal offence, it would be linked to Interpol. No point of lying. They will know, but state crimes they have no idea about, so you can lie if you choose to about that. But not a good attitude to begin a life in the legion with a lie. Better your brothers know, should you choose to be a lifer in the legion. That’s only my opinion. We shall see soon enough.
you want to be toughened ? ..LMAO. so your home army is not tough enough for you champ? hard guys in every army i just wish people would stop putting up the Legion as some kind of ultimate warriors. Maybe you dream too much. might not be what you think it is.

OP
M
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
you want to be toughened ? ..LMAO. so your home army is not tough enough for you champ? hard guys in every army i just wish people would stop putting up the Legion as some kind of ultimate warriors. Maybe you dream too much. might not be what you think it is.
Listen here keyboard worrier, the standards of discipline has dropped. I had a corporal apologise to me because he yelled to hard in front of everyone. I was shocked. Now they have females joining in combat roles. I got into trouble because I told a fellow recruit he was weak. Yeah they gone soft, read the articles of a recent enquiry suggesting that the training is to hard and that they are looking at making it easier. It’s become a big security Gaurd force, not military. I want to be a solider, not a security gaurd. It’s known that the legion have extreme discipline, it’s not a dream mate. And with a name like “sexpert” I’m surprised someone like you would be in the legion.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Listen here keyboard worrier, the standards of discipline has dropped. I had a corporal apologise to me because he yelled to hard in front of everyone. I was shocked. Now they have females joining in combat roles. I got into trouble because I told a fellow recruit he was weak. Yeah they gone soft, read the articles of a recent enquiry suggesting that the training is to hard and that they are looking at making it easier. It’s become a big security Gaurd force, not military. I want to be a solider, not a security gaurd. It’s known that the legion have extreme discipline, it’s not a dream mate. And with a name like “sexpert” I’m surprised someone like you would be in the legion.
I was never in the Legion but the British Army. No i´m not a keyboard warrior. Anything i say i will back up no problem. Calm down Nancy 😘

OP
M
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
I was never in the Legion but the British Army. No i´m not a keyboard warrior. Anything i say i will back up no problem. Calm down Nancy
I was never in the Legion but the British Army. No i´m not a keyboard warrior. Anything i say i will back up no problem. Calm down Nancy 😘
Whatever you say CHAMP!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
We had a bloke who had come out of jail for cultivating and manufacturing and another with possession with intent to sell. Both made it....take what you see in the documentaries with a pinch of salt.
I agree with Snafu on that one. A documentary is a condensed piece of work which has taken weeks or even months to put together and then comes out as an hour.

OP
M
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
We had a bloke who had come out of jail for cultivating and manufacturing and another with possession with intent to sell. Both made it....take what you see in the documentaries with a pinch of salt.
I have already told work I'm leaving. I gave my resignation. I'm going to try. All I want to do is become a legionnaire. We shall see what happens. Thank you all for your responses. Merci

Most viewed threads of the week