Enlistment in different Militaries

mark wake

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Pro Member
Premium Member
And on that note is it fact or fiction? Someone jumped with a empty case of special K ,as for kit inspection it looked better with antenna stuck out the box? And bye time all was on it was to late or just a foyer story? Some how I think it was right but a lot of years have passed.
Let’s just leave that one to myth mate. But you are right I do remember a big South African 4th company. Wish I could find that thread. He was the one guy peters of the pm. Would have had a major problem with face to face! Talk about King Kong and Godzilla!

Let’s just leave that one to myth mate. But you are right I do remember a big South African 4th company. Wish I could find that thread. He was the one guy peters of the pm. Would have had a major problem with face to face! Talk about King Kong and Godzilla!
My memory for names is shocking think he was called Steel !

There is a Danish guy who wrote a book about his service in the Legion, the man first served in the Danish army, went to France, joined and served in the Legion (2REP) for 15 years. Then some years after leaving the Legion, he rejoined the Danish army and he's still serving now.

There is a Danish guy who wrote a book about his service in the Legion, the man first served in the Danish army, went to France, joined and served in the Legion (2REP) for 15 years. Then some years after leaving the Legion, he rejoined the Danish army and he's still serving now.
What's the age limit in the Danish Army???

USMCRET

Your post is unique, most whom have served in the US served and then went on to the Legion.

One of the most famous was a US Army Officer, West Point graduate, he went AWOL. After he served his 5 year FFL Enlistment he surrendered to the US Army and he was convicted at a Courts Martial.

He was only charged, convicted, and sent to Prison. He actually had FFL Officers speak of his service in the Legion.

His name was Lieutenant Franks

Your post is unique, most whom have served in the US served and then went on to the Legion.

One of the most famous was a US Army Officer, West Point graduate, he went AWOL. After he served his 5 year FFL Enlistment he surrendered to the US Army and he was convicted at a Courts Martial.

He was only charged, convicted, and sent to Prison. He actually had FFL Officers speak of his service in the Legion.

His name was Lieutenant Franks
Is that the guy that said he felt depressed and suicidal before he joined the legion ? Shame that happened to him on return to the states but maybe should have tried to get out the army first👎🏾

Knew 1 américain who served in 2 REI as an NCO (sous off.)2 nd company (Miam knows who am talking about. ...
Left the Legion and went back state side and enlisted (no idea what unit)
Then Daguet happened (1st gulf war)...guess what?
Teamed up with his old regiment from the Legion and the 2 nd company
Small world indeed (especially in/on a battle field )

USMCRET

Is that the guy that said he felt depressed and suicidal before he joined the legion ? Shame that happened to him on return to the states but maybe should have tried to get out the army first👎🏾
Yes that was Lt. Franks. The Legion changed his life and trajectory from what he was on, possible suicide. I understand the Courts Martial, I think his sentence should have been mitigated with the Legion speaking up for him and his service.

Kidding of course, but I don't blame the guy serving in the US Army and suicide are pretty close choices.

USMCRET

Knew 1 américain who served in 2 REI as an NCO (sous off.)2 nd company (Miam knows who am talking about. ...
Left the Legion and went back state side and enlisted (no idea what unit)
Then Daguet happened (1st gulf war)...guess what?
Teamed up with his old regiment from the Legion and the 2 nd company
Small world indeed (especially in/on a battle field )

The Legion held our Western Flank and they performed with distinction. So did or UK friends both excellent allies whom you could trust your flank and life too

Trying to remember the name of the air port. (Daguet. ..desert storm)..mutal freind of Miam and I. ..attacked with his, bull dozer, JCB....or what ever, the? Défense perimiter. ..=1st and second...blah blah!

Still alive and kicking x

Yes that was Lt. Franks. The Legion changed his life and trajectory from what he was on, possible suicide. I understand the Courts Martial, I think his sentence should have been mitigated with the Legion speaking up for him and his service.

Kidding of course, but I don't blame the guy serving in the US Army and suicide are pretty close choices.
Same with alex lochrie i believe in his book he was close to ending it before he joined the legion.

This is where and when the 2 REI fucqued the réputation of the REP
Came snivelling to us, on how to drive APCS. .the VAB
At time, ,,,they were lodged in 2 cie
Intertication to speak with. ..us war heros
Was winter ish. ..sept oct nov
After : they were the first to turn up in Sarajevo
...with the results they obtain ..(minus 20....and i aint exagverating
2 REI took over, 93 and 94. .yup
We recieved flak from both sides because of impartial and or partial things, they did or didn't do
Excusable : because they are blue bites in the domâin of, "light infantery"

Back in thé Day, the 2 REI was the biggest/ largest infantery unit in Europe
Changed, when they built the new Castel
For us who new the auld Castel. .
Fucquing wimps that wannabe. ...you would of delayed you attempt to join. ..longer than Dussaboss, maybe ?

Post schitum : no match tonight = poque ma hone ,wimps

Ye, you can't go lower than that!
Dusaboss,

Stop putting yourself down, in such a servile manner, by agreeing to adverse comments.

It is a useless tactic. Nobody will feel sorry for you and I certainly will not.

Get your act together. I could not care less, if you go or don't go. For me it is totally immaterial.

Simply develop a sense of personal pride and stop being so abjectly pathetic and wimp like.

Most viewed threads of the week