a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Equipment and Gear

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I don't think you are right about this. Sure they have their part in that war and heavy influence on some of the Shia groups, but there's a lot politics involved when someone puting whole blame on Iran. You will never hear one bad word about Saudi Arabia and they have involvement in many American deaths if not more than Iran.

I guess politicians patterns of thinking is "If someone gonna gun down our boys down in Mid East he will do that with weapon with stamp "Made in USA", or else they gonna be or enemy!"

There is lot of turning blind eye because of greed and "profit is only thing what meters " mentality. SA understand that and use to achieve its that sinister agenda. ISIS is their baby.

My friend you are completely ignorant when it comes to this, yes the Fecking Iranians have more blood on their hands than most. We should have ****ED them, the Iranians, up a long long time ago.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
View attachment 5972View attachment 5973

Paraclete RAV circa 2009, issued in AFG w/ ballistic + added some personal kit.

Pretty gucci for those days...and definitely not the older "turtle" version that had all the stupid attachments for neck/groin/shoulder etc. like below.

http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/17/27/08/67/credit10.jpg

Cracks me up when I see guys on Vigipirate/Sentinelle with the old body armor and brand spanking new FAMAS Felin with all the gucci thermal sights on top. Really makes you wonder where the French military spends their money...

Sapi Plates inserted?

a1b2c3

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Nations
Yup...Level 4 ceramic plates + Level 3A soft armor

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Our vest and helmet are the only thing the legion has done right. Well, we still use that garbage for Vigipirate, but the vest is ok. It is nothing like a traditional plate carrier. Clunky and like a Lego man walking around in it. Level 4 is level 4..

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
My friend you are completely ignorant when it comes to this, yes the Fecking Iranians have more blood on their hands than most. We should have ****ED them, the Iranians, up a long long time ago.

Of course, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that Saudi Arabia is also big factor of instability in that region. They are also worse than Iran when comes to human rights and western values. But you will never hear one bad word about that "great kingdom" from US officials.

I understand that they pumping in US enormous sums of money true various ways, but believe me friend there would be point in time when all their money and oil wouldn't be enough to bail of their bad deeds. They are responsible for 9. 11. for god sake!

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Of course, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that Saudi Arabia is also big factor of instability in that region. They are also worse than Iran when comes to human rights and western values. But you will never hear one bad word about that "great kingdom" from US officials.

I understand that they pumping in US enormous sums of money true various ways, but believe me friend there would be point in time when all their money and oil wouldn't be enough to bail of their bad deeds. They are responsible for 9. 11. for god sake!

Saudi Arabia is a US Ally, as is Kuwait.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
OMG USMCRET I consider you for some kind of friend so I won't comment on this one. But I can say ... enjoy your ally. ;)

Hi dusa, the mastermind (if you can call him that) of the 9/11 attacks - or just the guy paying out the money- Bin Laden was from Saudi. Does that mean that the Saudi government knew about, even encouraged it? I doubt it.

On the French news at the moment is the fate of "french" jihads caught in Iraq. This doesn't mean that President Macron is channeling the country's funds into ISIS.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hi dusa, the mastermind (if you can call him that) of the 9/11 attacks - or just the guy paying out the money- Bin Laden was from Saudi. Does that mean that the Saudi government knew about, even encouraged it? I doubt it.

On the French news at the moment is the fate of "french" jihads caught in Iraq. This doesn't mean that President Macron is channeling the country's funds into ISIS.

But in this case means. It's not only that just happened that they or from SA. CIA have evidence that there is connection between terrorists and some Saudi officials. I'm sure you can google it. Some time ago there was a try from families of those killed in attack to sue SA and there was a legit legal bases for that, but all is covered up probably with enormous sums of money. It's possible that family to did get some cash under table, but with condition to be quiet.

All that because "Saudi Arabia is a US Ally". If that how allies treat US what would enemy do? More and more people in US see real story behind this and some others gulf countries. One is not your ally just because your government make deal with a devil because of certain benefits. One is not patriot if blindly listen and agree with everything his government tell him.

It's interesting how in US government eyes in world exist good tyrant rulers and bad tyrant rulers which need to be removed. Its really ugly bias point of view and double standards.

All bad things we listen about Gaddafi, Saddam, Asad are even worse in case of Saudi royal family, but you can barely hear about how they treat their people.

All we here is how new prince give women right to ride car. That's so good for Saudi women. Now they can feel really freedom! Ups, they forgot to tell is that in SA women can't go out without male companion. :)