Ex-British Army Infantryman, looking for lost love.

CambridgePoacher

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've been lurking for awhile now and have taken a lot in. I didn't really think I would go for it but have now decided I will give it a shot. I haven't run in a few months and haven't researched what colour toothbrush I should take. I think if I do go it will be next week, what's the worst that could happen.

A bit about me. I'm 24 and served for 4 years in the British Army, it was OK but nothing special. Running isn't really my forte but I do very well with weight on me. I know the FFL focus on trainer runs but I should have the grit to keep keep up and get my cardio back.

I would love to go to REC and think I stand a solid chance, other than that I wouldn't mind going to 2 REI.

I was a company level interpretor for Pashto and also in the Company Operational Intelligence Support Team. Should I mention previous military experience or not? From what I remember it's split pretty equally down the middle for yes and no.

I feel that's enough from me.

Thanks in advance for any advice you send this way.

Regards,

C.P.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
CambridgePoacher,

Anglians ? A fine regiment. Certainly mention your prior mil/service and linguistic ability. Remember that you will be at the bottom of the food chain and the environment and ethos will be very different, coupled to all the usual mundane tasks.

Good luck from an 'old fart'.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
For sure mention your experience as you sound like you had a good record and have skills that will be seen as useful. They like ex military as long as they feel they can adapt and not constantly make comparisons to how it was done back home. You would do well to build up the running before you go...but then again if you fail the run they usually let you return in a few months, but might be better to get it right the first time. But if you think you haven't lost too much cardio then you could do it...but the luc leger is a different beast from normal running around the track.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Think about it mate, you've been on the forum a while, you know what they expect physical wise. You haven't run for months and all of a sudden as soon as you step in the door you are going to be tested on that! You are damn brave or damn stupid or have money to waste to go to France just to get turned away.
The whole idea of this forum is to prepare you for what to expect. Test yourself and if necessary give it another month or however long it may need.