a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

ex-Legionnaire from 2 REI

Reaction score
Home Country
Japan
Hey guys, I'm from Japan, joined the Legion at 21 years old in 2010, chose to go to 2 REI, and went civil after 6 years in 2016. I went to Chad, Mali, Abu Dhabi, and overall had a great time. My only real regret is that I never saw actual combat despite being close, but we can't have everything.

I'm here on Cervens because I saw a post on the Legion subreddit about some drama with a girl here, and realised that it was actually active. Anyway, looking forward to reading some of these threads and hearing about other people's experiences.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
We Are Legion,

Welcome to the forum. I trust that you will be in Green soon.

We need as much input as possible from recent members of the FFL

Je te souhaite bienvenu.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Welcome. Good to have you onboard.
Hope you can contribute here.
Out of curiosity, can you give the link for the Reddit sub. Yes, there was drama with a troll here but I'm not convinced it was actually a female and I'm more inclined to believe it may be a silly c@unt serving in 1REG who calls himself Susan on Friday nights.

Tonyus

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
(...)
Out of curiosity, can you give the link for the Reddit sub. Yes, there was drama with a troll here but I'm not convinced it was actually a female and I'm more inclined to believe it may be a silly c@unt serving in 1REG who calls himself Susan on Friday nights.
Might've seen her (it)... Is she moonlighting as a warehouse worker, loading/unloading trucks? Might have some pictures

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1512282871911_071109.jpg
    FB_IMG_1512282871911_071109.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 10
  • FB_IMG_1512282878003_071108.jpg
    FB_IMG_1512282878003_071108.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 10
  • FB_IMG_1512282882805_071105.jpg
    FB_IMG_1512282882805_071105.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 10

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Might've seen her (it)... Is she moonlighting as a warehouse worker, loading/unloading trucks? Might have some pictures
HAHAHAHAHA Tonyus - WTF in God's good name is that ?

I've got a pretty warped mind, but I couldn't have dreamt that up for all the tea in China.

Its' fantastic :)

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I'm from Japan, joined the Legion at 21 years old in 2010, chose to go to 2 REI, and went civil after 6 years in 2016. I went to Chad, Mali, Abu Dhabi, and overall had a great time. My only real regret is that I never saw actual combat despite being close, but we can't have everything.

I'm here on Cervens because I saw a post on the Legion subreddit about some drama with a girl here, and realised that it was actually active. Anyway, looking forward to reading some of these threads and hearing about other people's experiences.
Don't worry about my earlier request - I found the thread. Crazy.
It would be good for you to exchange notes with Joe from time to time to help stop these loons playing ping pong across the 2 platforms.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It would be good for you to exchange notes with Joe from time to time to help stop these loons playing ping pong across the 2 platforms.
Hi Kro can you PM me the link still using a compass not mastered gps yet, Thanks.

Reaction score
Home Country
Japan
Yeah she has been antagonistic for no reason, some kind of personal beef with the Legion or a Legionnaire she encountered.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
My only real regret is that I never saw actual combat despite being close, but we can't have everything.
These are one of the things you may be thankful for later in life. I knew a great guy from Japan, Shin Kai, who later became a photographer for the Kepi Blanc. My Kanji isn't very good so, bienvenue ici. Joseph's a great mod and will help you out with any in's and out's of the forum.

Reaction score
Home Country
Japan
These are one of the things you may be thankful for later in life. I knew a great guy from Japan, Shin Kai, who later became a photographer for the Kepi Blanc. My Kanji isn't very good so, bienvenue ici. Joseph's a great mod and will help you out with any in's and out's of the forum.
Yeah I'm thankful I'm not in a wheelchair or disfigured, but I mean we all joined for the combat potential.

Afghanistan was still going on when I was in, but France pulled out as we were preparing for it. Then Mali happened and we went in 2013 soon after the REP drop, but everything was over by the time we arrived. Some suicide bombs that crashed and burned, some potshots, blowing up discovered ammunition, that's it.

It was great though, probably my best experience in the Legion.