Exercice régimentaire

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Greetings and salutations,
After I believe a week from coming back from Caylus we had a regimental exercise. This is where every company goes out to train Formation movements and combat. This was a really good experience for practicing what I learned at the farm. Basically every two legionnaires are assigned a new corporal that is testing for his new rank. And ever two Corp. Is assigned a sgt in training to be the chef the groupe (squad leader).
You go out and get told what to do and what to attack and where to marche, for 10 days. Each day is spent marching 10 to 15k Tactically. It's a real work out running from Bush to Bush crawling through every single thorned bush that your corporal can make you go through. It's like France is trying to kill you with its fauna and flora. I slept on poison ivy, ants nest, just terrible places to sleep. But I still found myself enjoying every minute... Mostly.
There's attacks at night, during the day, casualties, surveillance it is all so much to learn but when I got to the REP I found that I knew alot of what we were doing. For that I'm greatful.
Again we got drunk most days true to our form. Luckily I got some real good leaders so I learned alot.
Cheers.
B. B. CODY

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
So you're in the 2REP now? Just trying to understand, from Denver? Nice love Denver myself.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Yup I'm currently in the infirmary cause I twisted my knee while marching with the. 50 cal. Yes I'm from Denver
Awesome man, I'm sure you've worked your ass off, I am curious what ranking did you get during all your initial "boot camp" training to be able to pick 2REP as your job enlistment? Is it easy to get that pick or is it dependent upon how well you do? Know anything about how to make it into the GCP inside the 2REP ?

OP
B
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Awesome man, I'm sure you've worked your ass off, I am curious what ranking did you get during all your initial "boot camp" training to be able to pick 2REP as your job enlistment? Is it easy to get that pick or is it dependent upon how well you do? Know anything about how to make it into the GCP inside the 2REP ?
I came in 5th cause I don't speak French. But the REP needs guys always so you will get in no matter what. 3rei is the hard one to get to.
I just got done doing fts which is your training here to go to your unit and we got trained by the Gcp. These guys are amazing they really stepped up to make sure that we knew our stuff. To be in the gcp you have to be 2 years of service in and generally a corporal. There is a 30k 11kg run you need to pass them a bunch of knowledge tests just to get selected. There a selection every year. It's not an easy thing to do. Oh you have to be under 34 years old, so I can't go.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I came in 5th cause I don't speak French. But the REP needs guys always so you will get in no matter what. 3rei is the hard one to get to.
I just got done doing fts which is your training here to go to your unit and we got trained by the Gcp. These guys are amazing they really stepped up to make sure that we knew our stuff. To be in the gcp you have to be 2 years of service in and generally a corporal. There is a 30k 11kg run you need to pass them a bunch of knowledge tests just to get selected. There a selection every year. It's not an easy thing to do. Oh you have to be under 34 years old, so I can't go.
You can be Proud of what you've achieved bro 👍

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
What is the 3REI? I checked on the Legion website and from all I could find the 2REP GCP is the closest to a “special forces” unit found in the Legion, considering they don’t have “legit spec ops” in the sense of security clearance such as a SAS or Seals If I’m not mistaken per the country or origin because it’s a military primarily or foreigners and not citizens ? Is the 3REI more elite ? I’m looking to go to the equivalent of a Green Beret if you know

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Greetings and salutations,
After I believe a week from coming back from Caylus we had a regimental exercise. This is where every company goes out to train Formation movements and combat.
This was a really good experience for training what I learned at the farm. Basically every two legionnaires are assigned a new corporal that is testing for his new rank. And ever two Corp. Is assigned a sgt in training to be the chef the group.
You go out and get told what to do and what to attack and where to marche, for 10 days. Each day is spent marching 10 to 15k Tactically. It's a real work out running from Bush to Bush crawling through every single thorned bush that your corporal can make you go through. It's like France is trying to kill you with its fauna and flora. I slept on poison ivy, ants nest, just terrible places to sleep. But I still found myself enjoying every minute... Mostly.
There's attacks at night, during the day, casualties, surveillance it is all so much to learn but when I got to the REP I found that I knew alot of what we were doing. For that I'm greatful.
Again we got drunk most days true to our form. Luckily I got some real good leaders so I learned alot.
Cheers.
B. B. CODY
Thanks for that, I’m looking forward to starting my journey soon. Any updates are always encouraging to us who are on the way.

OP
B
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
What is the 3REI? I checked on the Legion website and from all I could find the 2REP GCP is the closest to a “special forces” unit found in the Legion, considering they don’t have “legit spec ops” in the sense of security clearance such as a SAS or Seals If I’m not mistaken per the country or origin because it’s a military primarily or foreigners and not citizens ? Is the 3REI more elite ? I’m looking to go to the equivalent of a Green Beret if you know
There is no specops here. But there is the gcp, the gcm, which are mountain commandos, dinops which are like underwater commandos, the jaguars which are jungle commandos. I heard that 2rei is or has infantry commandos though idk if that's true. 3 REI is the jungle regiment they do high speed stuff it's real tough there. I wanted to be sf too but I'm too old. You can always do stage cammando where you go learn all the stuff to be a cammando is not easy to get you really got to prove your self. No regiment is more elite than the other though the REP is the only one that is airborne. 3 REI is just really hard core from being in the jungle.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Being ranked top 10, did you get asked to do the "fut fut" caporal stage? What's your opinion on fut fut caporal?

OP
B
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Being ranked top 10, did you get asked to do the "fut fut" caporal stage? What's your opinion on fut fut caporal?
I don't speak French its real hard for me. So fut fut is out of the question for me. That being said. I personally wouldn't do that program and ever come to the REP. I came with a fut fut and they treat him horrible because he's a fut fut. If you go to calverie or some other regiment it probably would be ok. I had a sgt. The most squared away guy I've ever seen he went fut fut and made sgt in under 5 years. He was calverie but a really good soldier.
When you be come fut fut you stay at Castel for 8 months and have to watch over the engage volunteers. It a bad job. I personally couldn't do it.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Best to go to your regiment regardless what it is & earn your rank. Other wise you won't be respected in my opinion

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
What is fut fut?
A fut fut is someone who, when finishing basic training is chosen to go on his Cpl.s course.. First you do a couple of months PPCME which is preparation,;learning French, shooting, weapons etc. Then you go on your course. The only bad part is that you have to stay on afterwards with the new recruits.
I would not recommend it.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
A fut fut is someone who, when finishing basic training is chosen to go on his Cpl.s course.. First you do a couple of months PPCME which is preparation,;learning French, shooting, weapons etc. Then you go on your course. The only bad part is that you have to stay on afterwards with the new recruits.
I would not recommend it.
I want to go to French Guiana, I’ve seen a few documentaries it seems pretty badass. My Father served in Panama and would always talk about how much he loved the jungles. What should I do to prepare myself for that, or how do I get chosen for that post.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Unfortunately the system has changed, there is only one or two attachements a year who go. So as soon as you get to Castel make sure that you let everyone know that you are interested in the 3ème Reich. Every year you will go in front of your captain for orientation, let him know that you are interested in going to Guyane and if he asks 'then what?' tell him that you are definitely going to come back to your regiment and even to your company.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately the system has changed, there is only one or two attachements a year who go. So as soon as you get to Castel make sure that you let everyone know that you are interested in the 3ème Reich. Every year you will go in front of your captain for orientation, let him know that you are interested in going to Guyane and if he asks 'then what?' tell him that you are definitely going to come back to your regiment and even to your company.
How long are the patrols in the jungle? Depends i suppose on the Mission & How deep you go.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Thanks, I’ll definitely do that.

Most viewed threads of the week