Eyeglasses procedure

Celestin

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
Hello guys. What is the procedure when a candidate has an eyesight issue, for example -0.5 at both eyes, in rest is perfect (medicals). Is he gonna get inapté temporaire and sent to buy a pair of glasses or he is gonna be overlooked .. ?
It is necessary to buy a pair of glasses if I have -0.5 or can I go without? Did anyone with no known eye issues found out at the medicals that he has an eyesight problem? If yes, what happened after?

ZALegion

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
I’m also interested in this question. I wear glasses when I’m sitting right at the back of a conference theatre where an electronic screen is being used, but on a day to day I don’t wear glasses. If I went for the eye test it would show I’m near sighted, so would it suffice to bring contact lenses for the eye test because I doubt I’d need them any other time. Or is it mandatory that any person who requires glasses must have a pair of glasses on them.

OP
C

Celestin

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
The same for me. I don't wear them at all but at long distances i have a little issue with small objects, nothing serious. Maybe somebody experienced this and could give us an answer. I don't want to cut from my leaving budget for a pair of glasses just if is necessary to avoid any kind of troubles.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Not having needed glasses while in the legion, I never took any notice of the rules and regs around them. there must be someone out there who knows.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hello guys. What is the procedure when a candidate has an eyesight issue, for example -0.5 at both eyes, in rest is perfect (medicals). Is he gonna get inapté temporaire and sent to buy a pair of glasses or he is gonna be overlooked .. ?
It is necessary to buy a pair of glasses if I have -0.5 or can I go without? Did anyone with no known eye issues found out at the medicals that he has an eyesight problem? If yes, what happened after?
I presume you missed the fact that i joined with -2.75 in BOTH eyes, NO PROBLEM...Wearing contacts at REG as I write this.

OP
C

Celestin

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
Apparently I missed. What about the regiments, it has been told to you that you can't join REP because of eyesight?

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Matters not. YOU can go to any regiment. No matter what your handi cap, the Legion loves hearing " I want to go the REP!"

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
It's been said before, and Ossie O. described it as REP fever. Concentrate on getting in and say that yes you want to go to the REP, It sounds keen and what not, which is a very good thing. Nothing concerning which regiment you want in Aubagne will be noted down. I don't know if they even bother to ask you.
During the end of instruction, you will be asked which regiment you would like to go to. If it is still the REP, all well and good. But if you decide that another one would suit you, OK.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I think it is better for you to buy glasses instead of taking a chance, we never know what will happen to us. I also got new glasses from Reecoupons.com in order to avoid any bad situation.

Most viewed threads of the week