a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fabrique d'un légionnaire

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Did you drink Kronenbourg too Jonny ?
Of course, c’est la bière des légionnaires, n’est-ce-pas?

And by the way, I have been considering teaming up with Le Petit Caporal to offer free French military language lessons to new wannabees, perhaps with their chances of acceptance to be improved immensely.
What do you reckon, p’tit capo?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Of course, c’est la biere de legionnaires, n’est ce pas?

And by the way, I have been cnsidering teaming up with Le Petite Caporal to offer free French military language lessons to new wannabees, perhaps with their chances of acceptance to be improved immensely.

What do you reckon, p’tite capo?
Good idea Big Jonny. (y)

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Ok, free lesson one:

Someone with a black kepi on his head stare at you and shouts something angrily in French:

You; Smile and say, vous etes tres jolie, monsieur.
Prounced; vues eats trees jolly, mossier.

Roughly translated as: You are very kind, Sir.

That should change the athmosphere straight away. And You are on to a winner.

Capo?

Last edited:

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Wannabees come on this forum to learn something positive, not something that will get their face rearranged.
So what? Was your time in the Legion a boy’s camp? Mine wasn’t a Legion holiday for sure. A smack in the face? No probs, I got over that. And making a few jokes without getting hit with PC crap? Cheeses, has the Legion also surendered to Political Correctness?? Nope, I hope not, and I know Sexpert, at least, understands my jokes, and is not PC either. How about you, Perun, Petit Caporal,..?

And by the way, your handle is ‘Voltigeur’, but where exactly were you a voltigeur. Do you have a history, or at least a photo of yourself as a voltigeur that you can share with the rest of us, former voltigeurs?

I have posted this pic of myself as a Legion voltigeur before, I know, but I like it, so I’ll post it again: That's what a voltigeur looks like. So where is your pic?
B7314ABF-ED01-47B9-8863-2072E9E459F0.jpeg

And by the way, this is not a recruitment site for the Legion. This is a site for exchanging views, with relation to the Legion, of course. And if not, at least talk about music, or whatever, but not exclusively to advise wannabes. Got it ‘Voltigeur’? OK, you pissed me off.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Reminds me of the pub when two old boys get upset. You are both top guys, big Jonny & the Tanky. But I´ll shut up & stay out of it as I respect you both. :)

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Reminds me of the pub when two old boys get upset. You are both top guys, big Jonny & the Tanky. But I´ll shut up & stay out of it as I respect you both. :)
Hmm. Not so long ago I was ambushed by a little twat who couldn’t even provide his credentials as a legionnaire! I hope that is not the case here. Photos are one thing, Legion documents another! They can be verified by Legion headquarters. Each has their own unique number/date/stamp. Both Volt and Jonny are anciens and veterans of Algeria and so have my respect. Hopefully a handshake should do it!

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
(...) And by the way, I have been considering teaming up with Le Petit Caporal to offer free French military language lessons to new wannabees, perhaps with their chances of acceptance to be improved immensely.
What do you reckon, p’tit capo?
Sucking boiled eggs on Sunday after noons, in the bureau de semaine, would be more interesting.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
(...) I have posted this pic of myself as a Legion voltigeur before, I know, but I like it, so I’ll post it again: That's what a voltigeur looks like. So where is your pic? (...)
Since my previous reply has been deleted, here again: as you should know, there is not just one voltigeur in a platoon. I did belong to an équipe voltigeurs. In fact all new engagés were at one time called grenadiers-voltigeurs.

on OPS.jpg

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I had some medical issues, not really stopping me from turning but most likely stopping me from being accepted.
Get bit disappointed, lazy so I didn't train (maybe) last 6 months).

I don't give up. Started to train week or two ago and .. we will see what happens

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
I had some medical issues, not really stopping me from turning but most likely stopping me from being accepted.
Get bit disappointed, lazy so I didn't train (maybe) last 6 months).

I don't give up. Started to train week or two ago and .. we will see what happens

I had a bunch of things that should have disqualified me from the medicals, they never found out. Does it easily come up in a medical or do you have to TELL the doctors for them to notice it? We all have injuries and issues. If you are not lying and cheating and covering something up on your medicals or interviews, then you are not even trying and don't even deserve to be there. :D

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Ahhh...ok. I'm no longer on Facebook. Liberal @ssholes.
In fact when I try to make a bogus account they block me with give us your mobile number...

What did you post? hahaha

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
What did you post? hahaha
I wrote (ona british army site) wait the next prime Minister will be a muslim (sarcastic of course) was a discussion going on. Some little liberal sh€t reported a few people. It's all one sided, if you have an opinion against mass immigration then they only allow their opinions. Now i do not have anything against immigration as such but allowing anyone and any number of people to walk into Europe is not fair to the native people.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I wrote (ona british army site) wait the next prime Minister will be a muslim (sarcastic of course) was a discussion going on. Some little liberal sh€t reported a few people. It's all one sided, if you have an opinion against mass immigration then they only allow their opinions. Now i do not have anything against immigration as such but allowing anyone and any number of people to walk into Europe is not fair to the native people.
So you were kicked off Arrse for being a weapons grade edited , doesnt surprise me.

It seems very odd how you are so against immigration yet you spend a large part of your life on this forum which is for an army of immigrants , you cock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
So you were kicked off Arrse for being a weapons grade bellend , doesnt surprise me.

It seems very odd how you are so against immigration yet you spend a large part of your life on this forum which is for an army of immigrants , you cock.
Facebook.. You're so dumb. Can't read. 😆