a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fired for being "too aggressive"

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Wondering if this has ever happened to everyone else

A select few of you might remember awhile back when I had said that I was no longer considering the Foreign Legion since I had found myself in a law enforcement career here in America.

I got a job offer from another department, moved 3000 miles across the whole country, and began to attend their academy. There was a lot of dialogue in the classes. I spoke up a lot about my year and a half of experience, mostly in order to gain clarity on how my new employer would handle similar situations

During a break, I got into a conversation about firearms with a class mate, who I had become friends with. We talked about training drills such as the 22422. He didn't know what it was, so I raised my hands up as if I was holding a rifle, and demonstrated.

Two days later (this recent Thursday), I was called into the Warden's office. He said an instructor reported me to him, told him I was too aggressive, looking to fight, and was pretending to shoot people with a pretend gun in class. I told the Warden it was bullshit, but he already had my termination letter in hand

So now I've had my career burned. Currently, awaiting to hear back from the US Army, they are trying to get me waivers for injuries (the collar bone I mentioned in a previous thread) and my tattoos. If I get word that they won't take me, I am quite literally at the very end of my rope. There are no other military or para military careers left for me to pursue in the United States, and I'll be saving up to get to France as soon as possible

Just curious if anybody has had their life ruined or off set by similar bull shit

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
That kind of bitchyness, you get evry where. ..and in the Legion too
Discrétion is the word (especialy when you are the new kid on the block)
Less you say, the better you carry
(Listen more and talk less)
Never trust a stranger and even if he is your work buddy
Freinship/comradeship has it's limits

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

A select few of you might remember awhile back when I had said that I was no longer considering the Foreign Legion since I had found myself in a law enforcement career here in America.

I got a job offer from another department, moved 3000 miles across the whole country, and began to attend their academy. There was a lot of dialogue in the classes. I spoke up a lot about my year and a half of experience, mostly in order to gain clarity on how my new employer would handle similar situations

During a break, I got into a conversation about firearms with a class mate, who I had become friends with. We talked about training drills such as the 22422. He didn't know what it was, so I raised my hands up as if I was holding a rifle, and demonstrated.

Two days later (this recent Thursday), I was called into the Warden's office. He said an instructor reported me to him, told him I was too aggressive, looking to fight, and was pretending to shoot people with a pretend gun in class. I told the Warden it was bullshit, but he already had my termination letter in hand

So now I've had my career burned. Currently, awaiting to hear back from the US Army, they are trying to get me waivers for injuries (the collar bone I mentioned in a previous thread) and my tattoos. If I get word that they won't take me, I am quite literally at the very end of my rope. There are no other military or para military careers left for me to pursue in the United States, and I'll be saving up to get to France as soon as possible

Just curious if anybody has had their life ruined or off set by similar bull shit

To be honest, at least you give me some kind of proof I think you bullshiting us. I know your story from the beginning and there is many things "not in a right place"

So, thats just my opinion. You can easily disprove me by couple PM's if you don't lying anything.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

Hope you chinned the guy.. What a twat. Yes you get Rats like that. They often want you gone as they see you as a Threat because they're insecure little bitches. I had a guy write an Anonymous Letter behind my back. I found out & said i'll sort it with him knowing it would get back to him as I no longer worked with him. The little Rat went to the Police. I got a letter etc but good lawyer sorted it as nothing happened.

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hope you chinned the guy.. What a twat. Yes you get Rats like that. They often want you gone as they see you as a Threat because they're insecure little bitches. I had a guy write an Anonymous Letter behind my back. I found out & said i'll sort it with him knowing it would get back to him as I no longer worked with him. The little Rat went to the Police. I got a letter etc but good lawyer sorted it as nothing happened.

At first I had the same mindset, man. I wanted to beat that f**ker into oblivion, but it was a very short lasting thought. No point in further ruining or altering my life by attacking the dude. I'll let him be a disturbed pussy and I'll move on

After it happened I went through a couple stages. Anger first, panic second, and then a few hours after it happened I simply decided I was going to move on. I joined this forum in 2016 when I got turned down for the law enforcement job the first time, but I ended up getting the job, and I've been off and on about the Legion.

As the Anciens (sorry if spelled that wrong) say, if you can make things work in your own country doing what you want to do, exhaust those options first. I wanted to stay in America and be a soldier or a cop. Now I can't be a cop anymore, at least not where I am, and I"ll find out soon if I can be a soldier. That will determine if it's ACTUALLY time for me to pack up and give la legion a try

I hate to be seen as uncommited and I don't want to jerk anyone around or draw too much attention to myself, so I don't get on here often talking about all my whims and woes. If I go, I go, and I will go quietly, I won't be making a big fuss of it, unless of course I'm accepted into the Legion

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
At first I had the same mindset, man. I wanted to beat that fucker into oblivion, but it was a very short lasting thought. No point in further ruining or altering my life by attacking the dude. I'll let him be a disturbed pussy and I'll move on

After it happened I went through a couple stages. Anger first, panic second, and then a few hours after it happened I simply decided I was going to move on. I joined this forum in 2016 when I got turned down for the law enforcement job the first time, but I ended up getting the job, and I've been off and on about the Legion.

As the Anciens (sorry if spelled that wrong) say, if you can make things work in your own country doing what you want to do, exhaust those options first. I wanted to stay in America and be a soldier or a cop. Now I can't be a cop anymore, at least not where I am, and I"ll find out soon if I can be a soldier. That will determine if it's ACTUALLY time for me to pack up and give la legion a try

I hate to be seen as uncommited and I don't want to jerk anyone around or draw too much attention to myself, so I don't get on here often talking about all my whims and woes. If I go, I go, and I will go quietly, I won't be making a big fuss of it, unless of course I'm accepted into the Legion
Yeah maggots like that will squeal like a pig to the Police.

Dan98

Reaction score
Home Country
El Salvador
That kind of bitchyness, you get evry where. ..and in the Legion too
Discrétion is the word (especialy when you are the new kid on the block)
Less you say, the better you carry
(Listen more and talk less)
Never trust a stranger and even if he is your work buddy
Freinship/comradeship has it's limits

Friendship/comradeship has limits? Hell, that's a depressing prospect

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Man, are you sure that "pretending to shoot people with a pretend gun in class. " is the reason why you are kicked out?

That's raised my suspicions in whole story. I'm not saying that you lying, but maybe there was something else you aren't aware of and that is just explanation given to you in order to protect sources. Maybe they found out something from your past. Maybe you told something to someone you don't recall... There is many possibilities.

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Man, are you sure that "pretending to shoot people with a pretend gun in class. " is the reason why you are kicked out?

That's raised my suspicions in whole story. I'm not saying that you lying, but maybe there was something else you aren't aware of and that is just explanation given to you in order to protect sources. Maybe they found out something from your past. Maybe you told something to someone you don't recall... There is many possibilities.

That's what the Warden told me himself. Whatever else it might be, doesn't matter, because I'm not aware of it and it's pointless to ruminate

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I think what Dussa is saying it that the DS decided you are not cut out for the job, not suitable, could be attitude.
RE Your 22422 quote , its just a system thats used by some and not by many , dont assume those who are not aware of it dont know what they are doing.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Katalmach, if we delete every post that someone starts (in this example you), because the person does not like the answers than there will be no forum. Let it ride out it's time and don't let it get to you.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well anyway i'm a good Boy. Never been charged. Investigated yes but never charged. I think the worst that can happen to someone in a work place is getting mobbed. Have seen this too in the military. Kangaroo courts & beatings. I was always lucky in that I got on. A fight in the block on my first week then got on fine...LOL.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
In basic a large tall lad tried to get my place at the wash basin to shave. There was always a mad rush. He pushed me very hard and I stumbled. So I immediately punched him in the solar plexus and winded him. It was reported to the duty Cpl. I was then taken to our Squad Sgt who queried the affair. My assailant was always right marker, but as a shortarse I was always in the centre rank. I was very gently rebuked, but secretly I think the training team were amused that one of the smallest recruits would stand his ground. Thereafter I never had any trouble.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
In basic a large tall lad tried to get my place at the wash basin to shave. There was always a mad rush. He pushed me very hard and I stumbled. So I immediately punched him in the solar plexus and winded him. It was reported to the duty Cpl. I was then taken to our Squad Sgt who queried the affair. My assailant was always right marker, but as a shortarse I was always in the centre rank. I was very gently rebuked, but secretly I think the training team were amused that one of the smallest recruits would stand his ground. Thereafter I never had any trouble.
Did you have the old Regimental bath chas? The grot or unclean got a beating & put in a bath with everything we could find. Vim... All the cleaning stuff with piss etc. I never got involved but saw it happen. The troop Sgt encouraged it. Not directly but turned a blind eye. Did my Basic at Woolwich London. Enjoyed it though.

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina

Sorry to say this, but you were asking for it.
In the times we are living there are a few things that should be avoided when you are in Instituion (Security forces or Military).
One of them is talking about firearms, you know about them? Good, you were shooting firearms since you were a little kid? Good.
BUT don't tell it to anybody, not to your fellow recruits, even worst to the psychologist of the instituion or any instructor. They will think you are gung-ho and look for any red flag to get you in a bad spotlight.
When i joined the Army, i avoided talking about firearms, those who did.. Most of the time were selected for random psychologist check ups -_- ....
Same goes for most of the Police forces (in my country at least).. "Ohh you like guns?? great... Can you draw a person with a firearm and in the other side of page write an history about him???" I have a friend who work for the Metropolitan Police (Police force for the city of buenos aires) as psychologist and it's fact.. Don't like to get recruits that like guns, for fear of being trigger happy in the future...

Want to talk about something to fellow recruits? You can talk about
-Weather
-Motorcycles
-Suv
-Music instruments
-Famous painters
-Football team
-Movies
-Planes
ETC
but avoid weapons and religion.

The good part of this... if you join the FFL, now you know first hand what to avoid doing.

A friend of mine, who is now around his 50's retired Us Army sent me this video about how things were back then and now...

Friendship/comradeship has limits? Hell, that's a depressing prospect

Is not, there is a limit to it and the younger you are the limit must wider. When you are in elementary school you call everyone "friend". Once you are out, you have less friends, after high school even less..
In the end the true Friends against those who were "Friends" are those who will stick to you for a long long long time even when you are not in the best $$$ situation...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Did you have the old Regimental bath chas? The grot or unclean got a beating & put in a bath with everything we could find. Vim... All the cleaning stuff with piss etc. I never got involved but saw it happen. The troop Sgt encouraged it. Not directly but turned a blind eye. Did my Basic at Woolwich London. Enjoyed it though.

At ITCRM (Now CTCRM) during recruit training 2 of my squad were put in the water tank and scrubbed with vim and long handle bristle brushes for being crabby and wearing dirty dhobi. We lived in Nissen huts, floor to be shining, heads one end immaculate. Worse still the cast iron pot bellied stove in the centre of the hut had to be polished and the coal whitened. It was never lit even in winter. Some cleaned the heads with their tooth brush if on Cpls' minor fizzer. Now recruits would complain to mummy or their MP.:mad:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
At ITCRM (Now CTCRM) during recruit training 2 of my squad were put in the water tank and scrubbed with vim and long handle bristle brushes for being crabby and wearing dirty dhobi. We lived in Nissen huts, floor to be shining, heads one end immaculate. Worse still the cast iron pot bellied stove in the centre of the hut had to be polished and the coal whitened. It was never lit even in winter. Some cleaned the heads with their tooth brush if on Cpls' minor fizzer. Now recruits would complain to mummy or their MP.:mad:
I remember the the old Hand Bumpers, buffing & Waxing the Floors. HAHA...Bed Blocks & we had to put cardboard (we got from the Naafi bins) in our bed blocks & locker lay Outs so it was all square. was still quite old School. mind you yours was Stone age Chas.. :D

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi Katalmach, if we delete every post that someone starts (in this example you), because the person does not like the answers than there will be no forum. Let it ride out it's time and don't let it get to you.

Roger that. Up until this morning, the entire thread was Dusaboss calling me a liar, offering the thread nothing, so it seemed prudent. Happy to see much more discussion today

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Roger that. Up until this morning, the entire thread was Dusaboss calling me a liar, offering the thread nothing, so it seemed prudent. Happy to see much more discussion today
Dusaboss you can delete your own Posts & "Gimmicks"