a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitness & gym videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
As the major Michara, Gerard clearly says there are ex-pro boxers and current pro boxers. Which just goes to show you that yes you can continue your sport while you are in the legion.
I wonder why he deleted the video ? :unsure: never mind i thought it was not a bad video
so Major Gerard if you read this put it back up as i am sure some could benefit from it.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
This is not a bad video but the parallel bar dips he shows were originally from Vince Gironda a famous trainer & Gym owner (1950s-1980s). the hands in position and legs forward is effective but for safety of your joints do standard Parallel bar dips. Also when he talks about very slow reps on the chins he means TUT , Time under tension. what we weight trainers talk about.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thank god Greg Valentino survived all this and kept his arm. He´s now very active on pod casts and you tube. He now warns people about what he did . speaks very openly about it .some Pros use oil in their delts or other weak areas but what joe is showing is the small % of idiots who use other substances.

Synthol consists usually of oil, benzyl alcohol and lidocain. It consists of 85% of oil (normally it is oil built by medium-length MTC chains because it gives the best effects), 7,5% of lidocain (painkiller), 7,5% of alcohol (to sterilize the mixture). Synthol is a substance used by body builders as a temporary implant which is injected deeply into the muscle. The enlargement effects are immediate. Synthol is used in small groups of muscles to enlarge their volume (for example triceps, biceps, deltoids, muscles of the calf). Some serious drawbacks can be visible while using synthol. The muscles deform and become unnaturally shaped. The side effects of synthol are manifold and they can also cause a damage of nerves, oil embolic of the pulmonary, occlusion of the pulmonary artery, myocardial infarction, cerebral stroke and infectious complications.

Last edited:

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Thank god Greg Valentino survived all this and kept his arm. He´s now very active on pod casts and you tube. He now warns people about what he did . speaks very openly about it .some Pros use oil in their delts or other weak areas but what joe is showing is the small % of idiots who use other substances.

Synthol consists usually of oil, benzyl alcohol and lidocain. It consists of 85% of oil (normally it is oil built by medium-length MTC chains because it gives the best effects), 7,5% of lidocain (painkiller), 7,5% of alcohol (to sterilize the mixture). Synthol is a substance used by body builders as a temporary implant which is injected deeply into the muscle. The enlargement effects are immediate. Synthol is used in small groups of muscles to enlarge their volume (for example triceps, biceps, deltoids, muscles of the calf). Some serious drawbacks can be visible while using synthol. The muscles deform and become unnaturally shaped. The side effects of synthol are manifold and they can also cause a damage of nerves, oil embolic of the pulmonary, occlusion of the pulmonary artery, myocardial infarction, cerebral stroke and infectious complications.

Oh, the stupidity. Not only that, you must look like a right dork when you are built like a comic-book superhero but struggle lifting your mate's couch during his flit.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Oh, the stupidity. Not only that, you must look like a right dork when you are built like a comic-book superhero but struggle lifting your mate's couch during his flit.
Yeah.. Problem is, some people see this & think every Person who weight train is on boat loads of drugs. Etc.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Yeah.. Problem is, some people see this & think every Person who weight train is on boat loads of drugs. Etc.

You know when you first start lifting and watching your diet, you put on piles of muscle fast? I got accused of being on steroids then. I wasn't but my rapid muscle gain and my hot temper (back then) didn't help my argument Ha.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You know when you first start lifting and watching your diet, you put on piles of muscle fast? I got accused of being on steroids then. I wasn't but my rapid muscle gain and my hot temper (back then) didn't help my argument Ha.
Yeah.. Roid rage 😆 i know what you are saying. Genetics too some people can eat sh*t & still get a good physique. Others diet eat clean & a year later still look the same.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
As i've got older i have reduced my Volume & exercises just doing the best exercises (for me). Concentrated work on a few exercises. Even just doing
Parallel bar dips
Chin ups
Squats
Will give good development. If training with intensity. Can do some curls etc too but people over complicate it. A skinny little weed comes in the Gym with a ronnie cole man workout aint gonna cut it 🤣

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
As i've got older i have reduced my Volume & exercises just doing the best exercises (for me). Concentrated work on a few exercises. Even just doing
Parallel bar dips
Chin ups
Squats
Will give good development. If training with intensity. Can do some curls etc too but people over complicate it. A skinny little weed comes in the Gym with a ronnie cole man workout aint gonna cut it 🤣

I read a hundred-odd year old book about Alaskan sled dogs a few months ago. It stated that the workers used non-huskies to pull sleds just as much as huskies. But they fed the non-huskies, or 'outside dogs' as they were more commonly known as, 1.5x as much rations as the huskies got for the first few months. Why? cause the outside dog, whilst fit, wasn't built for sled work. Their bodies hadn't adapted to digesting their food well enough to get the maximum calories for such punishing work.
Reason I bring this up cause I tell people who ask me fitness advice not to emulate top bodybuilders/fitness athletes' diets/workouts. You need years to get to that level. Admire but don't copy.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Talking about Jocks, what on earth is going on with the SNP? They are trying to get another referendum to get out of the UK in 2020. And yet their leader, Nicola Sturgeon, is presenting herself as a candidate to become the next Prime minister?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Talking about Jocks, what on earth is going on with the SNP? They are trying to get another referendum to get out of the UK in 2020. And yet their leader, Nicola Sturgeon, is presenting herself as a candidate to become the next Prime minister?
i think she is insane :)

Status
Not open for further replies.