a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitness & gym videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dusaboss both you and I are looking forward to see an example of Sexpert's 'Bird Squats'.:unsure:
It is not over until the fat lady sings.:)
Chas i have met some strong Girls. Can squat & deadlift.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
good exercise for home Trainers. hits the quads very well. good if you have lower back pain or have no squat rack at home.

Countdown

Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
I have written a little on this forum about strength training for military, as i find it very interesting. Modern warfare, especially urban warfare and close quarter combat, which is a fairly modern tactic, claims different physical capabilities for the soldiers, compared to "traditional" style of combat where soldier endurance often have been the main focus. Endurance is of course still very important in modern warfare, but strength may be underrated. For example; during my military time i often were outrunned by guys when we ran without backpack, but when running with backpack i always outran them.

I like to think that the modern soldier should run more than a weightlifter and weightlift more than a runner.

I dont know if you are familiar with Matt Wennings concepts of strength training for tactical applications, but they are interesting in the topics of lowering first-responders, soldiers etc injury rate, and boosting their strength in a practical way towards their duties.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I have written a little on this forum about strength training for military, as i find it very interesting. Modern warfare, especially urban warfare and close quarter combat, which is a fairly modern tactic, claims different physical capabilities for the soldiers, compared to "traditional" style of combat where soldier endurance often have been the main focus. Endurance is of course still very important in modern warfare, but strength may be underrated. For example; during my military time i often were outrunned by guys when we ran without backpack, but when running with backpack i always outran them.

I like to think that the modern soldier should run more than a weightlifter and weightlift more than a runner.

I dont know if you are familiar with Matt Wennings concepts of strength training for tactical applications, but they are interesting in the topics of lowering first-responders, soldiers etc injury rate, and boosting their strength in a practical way towards their duties.
never heard of him to be honest. Looks more like a powerlifter with high blood pressure to me. still it´s what you know & not what you look like in some cases. I´ve seen very good physiotherapists who look like whales but knew their Job. I think you have to Tailor a Programme for the individuel because everyone has their own strong & weak Areas.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
i would get this book which i posted before. all you Need is in there. take what you Need & construct your own Programme.
Scan_20180709 (3).jpg

some weight Training in there too… squats, leg press....etc.

Countdown

Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
never heard of him to be honest. Looks more like a powerlifter with high blood pressure to me. still it´s what you know & not what you look like in some cases. I´ve seen very good physiotherapists who look like whales but knew their Job. I think you have to Tailor a Programme for the individuel because everyone has their own strong & weak Areas.

The guy was one of the best powerlifters in his time (I believe he competed in non drug-tested federation..), but is definitely not a multi-athlete, but as you said; its what you know and not what you look like..
His concepts are interesting tough.

I´m also under the impression that individual programming is key to success - but in military life individual programming can be quite hard to implement..

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
The guy was one of the best powerlifters in his time (I believe he competed in non drug-tested federation..), but is definitely not a multi-athlete, but as you said; its what you know and not what you look like..
His concepts are interesting tough.

I´m also under the impression that individual programming is key to success - but in military life individual programming can be quite hard to implement..
yes i know what you´re saying but if you´re a guy wanting to get into the legion you Need to improve your weak Areas. everyone will know themself what that is. I have never been good at Bench press but can Dip very well. I used to with a Dips belt & extra weight. now only with bodyweight. Bench press i Always found hard to improve. Dips, push ups & Dumbbell flys better for me. pulling exercises i have Always been better on. Other People can bench massive weights no Problem. THe above book really is great. Infact i would even send my copy to any serious guy wanting to get into the legion. circuit traing with the exercises you Need. rope climbing , chins….sprinting/running circuits. great stuff.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
when you think About it you can do a very simple Programme (Abbreviated Training) of say..
Pull ups
Parallel bar dips
Barbell Squats

Now you are hitting every Major muscle with this Routine. Running Days some lower back & ab work at the end of your run. Not before as you Need These core muscles to stabilise when running. some leg raises FULL SIT UPS to work deeper muscles too hip Flexors ..etc. crunches are great for a beach Body but for a guy in the Legion going over an assault Course he Needs These important deeper muscles.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I have to agree, shame that a lot of those ladies, end messing their faces using botox....
yes… were some great sexy Female muscle in the 80´s Anja Langer for example

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
If you can not aim straight and shoot straight. ..what is the point on having body mass and being capable of lifting a half ton?
Is it a form of 'impressionist'?

Status
Not open for further replies.