a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitness & gym videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
walk into a CrossFit box and you’ll see half those people with stupid preventable training related injuries. Breaking form for more reps is retarded. I could only imagine a candidate doing CrossFit kipping pull ups at the legion, the caporal chef yelling "go home". :LOL:
I do CrossFit and my coach is an ex fitness instructor from the British Army, If you arch your back or do poor form its burpies till friggin kotch. There is a segment that is very image conscious all think their going to the Games. Comes down to the coach and his control over the box.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I do CrossFit and my coach is an ex fitness instructor from the British Army, If you arch your back or do poor form its burpies till friggin kotch. There is a segment that is very image conscious all think their going to the Games. Comes down to the coach and his control over the box.

It’s great your coach is adding emphasis to good form. I think you’d agree that the majority of CrossFitters are breaking good form/technique because of “if you’re not cheating you’re not trying” mentality is ingrained in the CrossFit culture. You can see that poor culture and mentality manifested in the highest level of competitive CrossFit aka the CrossFit Games like you mentioned.

A close friend owns one of the largest crossfit Gym in my area. One of the coaches is a US Marine, and has a background in Olympic weightlifting has given me superb advice for my fitness, but his great advice comes from his background in the military and experience with Olympic weightlifting not via CrossFit. I think he’s there for the hot women with thicc butts. There is one thing great about CrossFit. Squat racks, and they tend to have ALOT of them.

What’s the rate for gyms out there like? I could go to Gold’s Gym in Venice, California for about 35$-50 / month have amazing equipment, culture, community, and technical support etc. or go to a CrossFit Box that Charges on average $150 / month. Would I be getting 5 times better facilities, support? Nope.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I think Elvis was a black belt in Kenpo. don´t know how good he was.

No one messed with the King :D

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Just wondering why he handled the rifle with his right hand and the pistol with his left?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Joe nö joke i once tried shooting a browning 9mm in each hand.. I never Hit anything 😆

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
think this is the Guy from the Clint Eastwood film Heartbreak ridge. the big bodybuilder in the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.