a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flying out today

Gallowglass

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Good luck on your travels Galgano. Can you share with other potential candidates your experience regarding the need to have a COVID passport in France? Have you been asked for proof of vaccination at hotels, restaurants, train stations etc? It would be good to know what's actually happening as opposed to what the govt. is saying should happen.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Good luck on your travels Galgano. Can you share with other potential candidates your experience regarding the need to have a COVID passport in France?
Thank you Gallowglass,

of course I’d share. Some people will ask you for it and some won’t depending on where they fall on the spectrum. Some will ask but not check it. I understand all the nuance of the situation, but it has been easier being vaccinated (which I am sure the legion will do anyway) and having the pass. Hypothetically you could just take a COVID test every 72 hours, but that is a logistical nightmare. It was a personal choice for me to get vaccinated so I could travel abroad and give the legion another go, and I am in no way advocating one position or the other. If you have been vaccinated or are planning to do so, it was relatively easy to obtain the pass, and the response was rather timely. If your not planning on getting vaccinated than I suggest for whomever to research ahead of time where they can get the COVID test. I am not 100 percent sure if you can get into France anymore without being vaccinated, because the rules are changing constantly, but if you are vaccinated you just show your health pass and they let you in.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Good luck , get a couple of good nights sleep and some good food , wash and shave also , sounds like you turned up last time looking like a desperate vagrant :ROFLMAO: .

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
If I were you I would looking at fully emptying my balls with any bit of skirt I could find, make the pull ups less painful with less weight😂 Get a shag Man could be a long time till next one!
Head for the old Harbour ( Port) in Marseilles used to be some nice fanny round their on the other side of the port the Legion has a R&R place to stay when you have leave or down time quite cool stayed their for 10 days a good base.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Good luck on your travels Galgano. Can you share with other potential candidates your experience regarding the need to have a COVID passport in France? Have you been asked for proof of vaccination at hotels, restaurants, train stations etc? It would be good to know what's actually happening as opposed to what the govt. is saying should happen.
I started a new thread a bit ago and it is a report from CNN that to travel from the United States to France you have, must, present either test results or your Centers for Disease Control Vaccination Card.

I am pretty confident in saying, if not already in place, the list will grow and anyone traveling to France will have to provide the proof. I believe you can get this as a QR Code now?

But if going, be prepared to present the documents in an acceptable form or you will never make it out of Customs at the Airport

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I started a new thread a bit ago and it is a report from CNN that to travel from the United States to France you have, must, present either test results or your Centers for Disease Control Vaccination Card.

I am pretty confident in saying, if not already in place, the list will grow and anyone traveling to France will have to provide the proof. I believe you can get this as a QR Code now?

But if going, be prepared to present the documents in an acceptable form or you will never make it out of Customs at the Airport
The application for the pass was all electronically done and they emailed me a certificate with a QR code which I printed out.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Good luck , get a couple of good nights sleep and some good food , wash and shave also , sounds like you turned up last time looking like a desperate vagrant :ROFLMAO: .
Yes I showed up very Franciscan….to put it gently

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yes I showed up very Franciscan….to put it gently
Great, it's been a minute since anyone on the forum has gone so if there's news and new from the other times please share.

Are you mentally ready?

Make sure your case for joining is solid and go for it.

Be Mentally Tough! Again, everyday in Boot Camp in the Marine Corps you want to quit, the temptation is very hard and I ENSURE YOU IT WILL PASS AND WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS A WALL YOU COULD NOT GET PAST, I am here to tell you you can and will with effort and being mentally strong.

If given the Opportunity, don't throw it away and go "Civil!" That is one thing I just don't understand about the Legion, that will never happen in the Corps.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Great, it's been a minute since anyone on the forum has gone so if there's news and new from the other times please share.

Are you mentally ready?

Make sure your case for joining is solid and go for it.

Be Mentally Tough! Again, everyday in Boot Camp in the Marine Corps you want to quit, the temptation is very hard and I ENSURE YOU IT WILL PASS AND WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS A WALL YOU COULD NOT GET PAST, I am here to tell you you can and will with effort and being mentally strong.

If given the Opportunity, don't throw it away and go "Civil!" That is one thing I just don't understand about the Legion, that will never happen in the Corps.
I appreciate the support. It means a lot.
I was young, dumb, and full of cum the last two attempts I made. This is more of a calling for me. Like the visionaries of Garabandal this is my third call.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Update: about to start my 100 mile hike. Good prep for Kepi March. Working on two skirts. No luck yet. Two weeks to train after I return to my room. I have access to pool, can run, do pull ups and push-ups. Any suggestions for a two week training camp that could get me as fit as possible with what i have at hand surely welcome, but if not I have an idea what I can do to bring myself to next level. 972F757B-27ED-4A02-8166-FD32F5ABC2EE.jpeg

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Simply proceed .Don't worry as long as you are physically fit for your size and without abnormalities you will be fine,
Then it will be mind over matter.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I have access to pool, can run, do pull ups and push-ups. Any suggestions for a two week training camp that could get me as fit as possible with what i have at hand surely welcome
It sounds like you have it perfect. personally every morning I start with a jog and then get my pullups in maybe have a light breakfast do a few sets of pushups ,sit-ups, and some light weights. After I usually go for a hike or swim and usually just try and keep myself generally moving throughout the day by doing yard work digging cutting wood putting up fence etc. (which with you already being in France that's awesome should be plenty of things to just walk to and see) I usually won't have a lunch just a late dinner and then repeat the morning process minus the run if I got a long hike or swim in. I feel like this is generally a good point to be at and I'm sure with you leaving in two weeks you're ready. Always ask yourself what's tired ? What hurts ? Your mind will always want to quit before your body so just push through it.

I hope that helps will see you in a few months if we both make it my friend!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Be careful Jack, it looks as if you are doing everything to stop yourself getting bored. One of the ways in which the legion tries to weed out the 'unwanted' is by having long periods of sitting around doing nothing, or you could be waiting hours on a chair outside an office.

Reaction score
Home Country
Zimbabwe
3 ugly ones = 1 hot one
Good luck young fella, you will smash it this time around. 7 P's in hand. Proper planning and preparation, prevents piss poor performance. You are rested, tested and solid. Now smash that fatty, get a tattoo, have a cold frothy and rest. Good luck China. See you on the other side.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Head for the old Harbour ( Port) in Marseilles used to be some nice fanny round their on the other side of the port the Legion has a R&R place to stay when you have leave or down time quite cool stayed their for 10 days a good base.
That hunting ground around the Pannier on the right hand side of the port may have been cleaned up now Papillon. Given way to tourism.

I used to drink in the bar there owned by an ex 13DBLE pute that had a proud poster on her wall boasting that she had accommodated 1175 Kms or something similar of dick inside her. Apparently she used to size up her clients, count the number of pumps, and add it all up in a little black book.

I think those days have gone though. The action at the top of the Canibiere down the little streets on the right hand side is still there I believe for any desperate wanabees. Be careful of the macros though. Marseille is what it's always been, charming and dangerous at the same time.

And agreed - Malmousque was (or maybe still is) a good base for just about anything. Good memories.

Last edited:

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Simply proceed .Don't worry as long as you are physically fit for your size and without abnormalities you will be fine,
Then it will be mind over matter.
I agree with Chas, if you are ready now do it now. Prolonging it can maybe lead to an injury if you are not careful.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Be careful Jack, it looks as if you are doing everything to stop yourself getting bored. One of the ways in which the legion tries to weed out the 'unwanted' is by having long periods of sitting around doing nothing, or you could be waiting hours on a chair outside an office.
And as Joe more than once has said to others, break out a "well worn book on common French Phrases."

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I agree with Chas, if you are ready now do it now. Prolonging it can maybe lead to an injury if you are not careful.
If I’m honest with myself I’m not ready yet. I’m close, but not there. It’s not just physical, but spiritual and mental as well. It’s also a catch 22. If I take the 3 weeks to be ready I do risk injury. If I don’t take them I risk not being selected. However I have a contingency plan for both scenarios. Back to the states. 80 hour work weeks. Save 10 grand, visit Excalibur and try for my final attempt.