a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food Allergies in the Legion

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I am new to this forum so I am not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I wanted to join the British Armed Forces but due to the fact I have multiple severe food allergies(Eggs,Nuts,Sesame and Peas) I am deemed medically unable to join.

My question is, Does the French Foreign Legion accept people with food allergies.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello POJJ and a big welcome to the forum. Why not tell us a bit more about yourself? Anyway the question is not that original as it has been covered on the forum in various forms. But to sum up, no the legion will not accept you with sever food allergies. There will be a questionnaire (in English as I take it that is your native language), asking questions such as are allergic to aspirine and are you allergic to any types of food.

I would imagine if the British army did not take you it is for a reason. If there are limited rations available you either eat or go hungry. Having served in the Army Catering Corps, before it was disbanded, I can tell you that there are a lot more choices of meals in the Brit army than in the legion.
Sorry if this has crushed your hopes, but at least it will save you the time and money of going to France only to be turned away.