Foreign Legion aspirant in their 30s?

What's the chance of being picked if you already reached your 30's? Got depressed and gained around 20 kilos. Still in the process of getting fit. Hope to hear your suggestions.

What's the chance of being picked if you already reached your 30's? Got depressed and gained around 20 kilos. Still in the process of getting fit. Hope to hear your suggestions.
I know you've been told before not to ask the first thing that comes to mind without asking yourself if it's a good idea. There is quite literally a thread on the same page as the one you posted this on, called "Is joining in your 30s pushing it?" or something like that, where there are several answers by several Legionnaires about this

I'm a compassionate person so I'll just answer you. The cut off age is 39 and 1/2. If you are not 39 and 1/2, you can still join

But, I'm going to be real with you. You experience actual depression, eat snacks, drink beer and get fat, you shouldn't go. It's not the life for you. If you don't take your fitness seriously all the time, you should probably stay home

If it was just some hard times, then maybe go, but in your 30s, you better be in top shape, because guys like me in our 20s are going to smoke you

And another thing about legion selection you would know if you had been really paying attention around here. The selection is not about just 1 thing. It's not only about your age, or your pull ups, or you psycho test, it's about all of that, plus their observations of you. If you're older, maybe Luc Leger and pull ups aren't as high as the younger lads, but you're socializing with everyone, volunteering for chores, you speak French and you have a good reason to be there, you probably make it

Good luck

Thanks Katalmach. I am now focused on losing that weight. It's just hard times for me. Mostly my fault, but seeking to gain a second chance in the Legion. I am only afraid of the physical fitness side. If I fail in the other tests, then the legion is not for me. Sorry for flooding the forum with a similar question. How do I delete this thread? I seem to have forgotten how to.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Unless you are suffering from an illness you could be in shape in six months , however you dont seem to be taking things very seriously , set yourself realistic goals and crack on , theres enough info here to show you how to train for virtually no money.

Stoeng`s Training

Last edited:
Thanks Katalmach. I am now focused on losing that weight. It's just hard times for me. Mostly my fault, but seeking to gain a second chance in the Legion. I am only afraid of the physical fitness side. If I fail in the other tests, then the legion is not for me. Sorry for flooding the forum with a similar question. How do I delete this thread? I seem to have forgotten how to.
I'm not saying you should delete the thread, my friend, just going forward, keep your eyes open for threads with similar themes, and if you can't find one, might be worth it to say "Can't find any info about this" so that the Greens know you aren't intentionally wasting anyone's time

You gotta want the Legion and nothing else. I too, struggled with this for a long time, there were crazy distractions, from living in a first world country. I was in a heavy metal band, I was partying every night, drinking beer pretty much doing whatever the hell I wanted, I was getting laid every weekend, why the freak would I have joined then?

Now, I go to gym 2 hours a day, I run along a train track for an hour, I study French for over an hour, even review during my breaks at work. When I used to go to the gym I would stop and chat up all the girls and stare at their asses and try to get their numbers. Nowadays I just take a look and keep training because MY MIND is thinking about the Legion, not how many babes and how many concerts and how much beer I can get into my life

Sit down. Self reflect. Do you really want this? Are you fit enough for this? You have to be utterly sure. Whether the Legion wants you isn't a concern for the moment, even the best of us could get rejected. You have to walk in there knowing that the Legion is the only way for you, so get to it. NO EXCUSES. Train harder. Throw your depression in the trash

Most viewed threads of the week