Formeguere

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Greetings and salutations,
Formeguere is a small ski town near the Spanish boarder. The legion has a hotel there for what reason I have no idea. The cadre told us this is like a vacation for us that we can drink all we want and that we can sleep as much as we desire. WRONG!
This was the worst part of my time at the 4RE. Every single day we did huge runs, hike up mountains, rode bikes that barely worked, all in the freezing weather. Every single night we watched movies. I don't watch movies especially in French so I just wanted to sleep but that wasn't happening. Watching movies is obligatory I guess.
We did get to drink, but one of the British guys got so drunk that he told the adj. That this is terrible training and he wants to go civil. This was done in the middle of a fancy restaurant while we were having a good time he just starts yelling. Then in the middle of this encounter he pulls a bottle of whiskey out of his pocket and starts drinking.
This didn't go down well so we lost our drinking privileges till camarone day.
Each day there you do a 25k run or Marche or bike ride. It's really cold there and no one wanted to be there. The best part was doing the amusement park. It's like a bunch of cables ran from tree to tree that you climb all over. I enjoyed that alot.
We also did a 25k land navigation course that was fun too. Otherwise it was just ramasage.
Cheers,
B. B. CODY

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Greetings and salutations,
Formeguere is a small ski town near the Spanish boarder. The legion has a hotel there for what reason I have no idea. The cadre told us this is like a vacation for us that we can drink all we want and that we can sleep as much as we desire. WRONG!
This was the worst part of my time at the 4RE. Every single day we did huge runs, hike up mountains, rode bikes that barely worked, all in the freezing weather. Every single night we watched movies. I don't watch movies especially in French so I just wanted to sleep but that wasn't happening. Watching movies is obligatory I guess.
We did get to drink, but one of the British guys got so drunk that he told the adj. That this is terrible training and he wants to go civil. This was done in the middle of a fancy restaurant while we were having a good time he just starts yelling. Then in the middle of this encounter he pulls a bottle of whiskey out of his pocket and starts drinking.
This didn't go down well so we lost our drinking privileges till camarone day.
Each day there you do a 25k run or Marche or bike ride. It's really cold there and no one wanted to be there. The best part was doing the amusement park. It's like a bunch of cables ran from tree to tree that you climb all over. I enjoyed that alot.
We also did a 25k land navigation course that was fun too. Otherwise it was just ramasage.
Cheers,
B. B. CODY
Again...wow! Haha so it seems the drinking stories about the ffl are true. My question is, did you have some guys that hardly drank or did not drink at all? Still taking part in all the fun ofourse.

Thanks

OP
B
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Again...wow! Haha so it seems the drinking stories about the ffl are true. My question is, did you have some guys that hardly drank or did not drink at all? Still taking part in all the fun ofourse.

Thanks
Yeah of course most the guys from Nepal don't drink. Really I would say that only like 60 percent of us really get drunk. Americans and brits got a reputation for going to far. From what I've seen it's true. All though I did see an Estonian pee on a Russian while he was sleeping cause he was so drunk.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
India
On that topic, did you experience any grief from the various "Mafias" during your training, or currently at your regiment?

OP
B
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
On that topic, did you experience any grief from the various "Mafias" during your training, or currently at your regiment?
No man, everyone was my comrade. The amount of understanding and friendship is surprising. I gave everyone respect and they all gave it back. Almost everyone in my section I considered my friend. That wasn't they case for everyone there were two fights but in the end everyone came to agree with each other and helped each other out when needed.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
So overall it's still a good time? Some nice stuff for us on our way, knowing what to expect. Any tips for us Cody? Hope things keep going well for you

OP
B
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
So overall it's still a good time? Some nice stuff for us on our way, knowing what to expect. Any tips for us Cody? Hope things keep going well for you
My only real advice after being selected is what a caporal chef told me. Never give everything you have. Don't kill yourself in basic training do good enough to stand out but don't injure yourself trying so hard. The legion doesn't need you and will toss you aside if you hurt yourself. So do good but never the max, its not worth it so early in your career. It's hard to do it you're competitive like me. And when the times are hard just focus on your goal and realize that you are lucky to be here. It's alot of fun but also alot of sh*t too as all armies are.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
I was wondering, if I come there with my phone, when I'm allowed to get a phone again can I get it from them or will I have to get a new phone? Then might as well not come with a phone

OP
B
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I was wondering, if I come there with my phone, when I'm allowed to get a phone again can I get it from them or will I have to get a new phone? Then might as well not come with a phone
Yeah you will get your phone back just not the sim card. So you'll have to buy another sim or use the dim or off the phone you bought while in Castel. That's what I did.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
Yeah getting a new Sim is alot better than phone and Sim, can put more money on the Sim card then so won't run out

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
"Free", a french phone and internet supplier gives you 100 giga and unlimited calls ansd textos for 19.99€
You do not need proof of adresse , just a bank card
Go to one of their stores and use the vending machine and it will drop you a Sim
Monthly bill is automaticly deducted. ..
If you fail a payment ? You will be given 3 warnings that the bill must be paid in a quick delay. If not, the line is suspended
I use only about 5 or 6 giga a month

240€ a years internet, aint no better deal else where

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Probally not (i never phone) but why phone when you have all these instant messageries on the net (vidéo face to face ec)