France launches air strikes in northern Chad

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Two raids of Mirage 2000D based in N'Djamena (Chad capital city) hit a column of pick-up trucks coming from Libya. Not related to [/i]Opération Barkhane[/i], only a sign of support to Pdt Déby, against rebels who want him out. Some form of recognition for his help in fighting the jihadists in Sahel. The history repeats itself in Chad. Looks like similar situations in the good old days of Opération Manta and later Épervier in the 80s...

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-france-chad/after-air-strikes-in-chad-france-warns-citizens-to-be-vigilant-idUKKCN1PW26D

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Is Deby's nephew (evacuating Libya, due to on going clashes in the East). In the meantime, the son of Pdt Deby, is doing atrocities in the north of Chad (protecting the gold mines, supposedly). Some things never change.

ricktn40

Donator
Legionnaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Does the Legion still Operate in Chad???? There was a rumor, only a rumor ( emphasis added ) That Terry Killed someone there years back. Joseph might have heard of that same rumor. Again only a rumor. I loved Terry. He hand picked me for his 5 man team . I was Honored Because Joseph will tell you. He was one mean S.O.B.

Attachments

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Rick,
I can't say that I heard that rumor. I was Cpl encardrement for the promo during his recyclage. Do you know that he was in a French TV series? I forget it's name, but it was well... French.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
There will be a documentary on TV tonight (M6 Zone interdite) about the men of Op Barkhane. Will watch it to try and learn more

ricktn40

Donator
Legionnaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Wow Joseph that is cool! Le petit caporal thanks for the news. Keep us posted I will check in Tommorrow. Cheers.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Watching it now. Dedicated to Barkhane and Chamelle. First break and a few stats I have learnt. Out of the 4,500 French troops deployed, 3,000 are ULS (unités de logistique et de soutien). The documentary was shot 3 weeks after the 2 REI suicide attack. There is even a video footage of the after attack.
This programme might be on You Tube later... It's back on, bbl

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Watching it now. Dedicated to Barkhane and Chamelle. First break and a few stats I have learnt. Out of the 4,500 French troops deployed, 3,000 are ULS (unités de logistique et de soutien). The documentary was shot 3 weeks after the 2 REI suicide attack. There is even a video footage of the after attack.
This programme might be on You Tube later... It's back on, bbl
What is name of program?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Enquête exclusive: Opération Barkhane à hauteur d'homme. Broadcasted by French TV channel M6.
Also, Philippe Bodet : Opération Barkhane, au coeur de la guerre avec les soldats de l'ombre. If a vid is available, post on Op Barkhane thread, puno hvala.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Source : Le Point (Afrique)
How the rebels got caught in a trap
Post Shitum : this dude knows his Shitums

Peter Lyderik

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score