France short-stay Visa

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Papua New Guinea
Hi, am Lloyd 19 year old From Papua New Guinea.
Am an international student I have no assets nothing to prove for visa. I am studying in Australia for a year and working also. I found out about the legion on news and I learnt anyone can join and the process of signing up was simple. My dream is to be in a real army and hopefully see combat. I am currently saving up money just to get a Visa to French. Is there a financial requirement I need to meet for the short stay visa. I have only € 12,000 in Bank Account, is this enough to prove for a tourist visa. THANKS. And If I apply for a visa should I declare to the embassy my intention of joining the legion or just say am a tourist visiting. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello Junilorgarry and welcome to the forum. No need to tell the French embassy that you are going to join the legion. I believe that you get a 90 days tourist visa on arrival.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
OP, I know some foreign nationals have to put up a large bond to get a visa , not sure about you going to the EU , don't use an immigration agent to find out as they will steal your money, ask an Aussie travel agent what you need to do to get a tourist visa, I'm you will be able to apply on line,good luck.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
My dream is to be in a real army and hopefully see combat. Ummm.. OK.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
OP, I know some foreign nationals have to put up a large bond to get a visa , not sure about you going to the EU , don't use an immigration agent to find out as they will steal your money, ask an Aussie travel agent what you need to do to get a tourist visa, I'm you will be able to apply on line,good luck.
It is probably better to ask about visas at the French embassy.

OP
J
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Papua New Guinea
Thanks for the Advice Guys. If I want the legion bad enough I will find a way to France. Thanks