a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

France to bring back national service

spooker

Reaction score
Home Country
India
How you mean good for legion mate sorry?
As the last remaining professional outfit of the French army, the legion will be seeing more deployments outside of France as conscripts will be lacking both the motivation and the training to do the same.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Think if you read the article took not of the age range 16year olds it will not effect aniything going on now or the future simple!

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
"France to bring back national service" Is click magnet. That is just a plan which probably won't be realized.

I linked similar news here some time ago (before Macron became president).

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
I think its a clever way of forcefully encouraging community service amongst the youth and the fact that you can choose military, civil service, police, firefighter or such is not a bad idea, get em off their PlayStation and instagram and help out a bit.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
"France to bring back national service" Is click magnet. That is just a plan which probably won't be realized.

I linked similar news here some time ago (before Macron became president).
I just quoted the heading on the article.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Think if you read the article took not of the age range 16year olds it will not effect aniything going on now or the future simple!
I've been following this on the French news. Papillon is right, It's for 16 year olds. One month. They still haven't decided when they will put it into place, some are saying during the summer vacation. It is estimated to cost a fortune and the question is, from which budget?

Please Jupiter not the military's.:cry:

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Always wanted a pet one, best lawn mower imaginable. Folks always said no, and where I stay now, no space unfortunately....

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Should bring it back in the UK.. Sort out some of the little Junkie scrotes. Good old fahioned beasting.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Should bring it back in the UK.. Sort out some of the little Junkie scrotes. Good old fahioned beasting.

One of the reasons our army and the Legion are good is we volunteer don’t get me wrong the old boys that were called up BITD are not included but my view of national conscription is don’t Buddy one up with me thanks!
Why well we had a few conscripts in the Legion from other countries they were shit, well the ones I had dealings with.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yes true ..do you remember in the 80s there was the borstal thing. Short,Sharp..shock treatment. Was like a beasting Army style. Even Dorian Yates the Mr Olympia from the UK did it...LOL

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

There would be chaos. All the little darlings writing to mum. Then also contacting MPs' to make formal complaints with the PC brigade having a field day and always on the BBC. Then the litigation would start with Leigh Day who currently chase the military for alleged crimes and making a mint. It would not work. But in truth I have no solution for dealing with the continual state of yobbery.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
There would be chaos. All the little darlings writing to mum. Then also contacting MPs' to make formal complaints with the PC brigade having a field day and always on the BBC. Then the litigation would start with Leigh Day who currently chase the military for alleged crimes and making a mint. It would not work. But in truth I have no solution for dealing with the continual state of yobbery.
this will solve the Problem of Yobbery….:ROFLMAO:
11866306_10207221366433713_1308834129037642891_n.jpg