a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaelic warriors chatter

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Try finding the vid on you tube of the Argylles in Aden. ..it's my uncle blowing the pipes. Mad Mitch is in it too. Hissing the colours. Great historical facts.Post it on here, Danke

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Try finding the vid on you tube of the Argylles in Aden. ..it's my uncle blowing the pipes. Mad Mitch is in it too. Hissing the colours. Great historical facts.Post it on here, Danke
will try to find it but Papillon is an ex Argyll. Ginger twat ..:ROFLMAO: he knows better than me

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
met a few Aden vets as i used to go up the local Masons when i was back for a drink with my father who was a member. remember one Guy who used to visit my Father a lot. He was in Korea. was actually a yorkshire man. He ran shooting ranges near Dunblane where i grew up. was a big guy built like a bear & everywhere he went he had two whippet dogs. He was a handfull when drunk though. Only spoke about Korea once when drinking whisky with my old man. was a charachter.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Borneo... I like the shots of the Pack Howitzer. Never got to fire it but was by all accounts a good Gun & air portable. The Light Gun came in as i joined the Artillery so we did our Basic Guns course on that.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Edinburgh Castle, Papillon no doubt did Duty at the Castle. I did fire a salute there for the Queens Birthday (1988).

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I remember reading in a book on the Legion that a guy turned up to join the Legion wearing a Kilt... Must have had a laugh...LOL

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
BTW Joe I'm not drinking so much anymore, never actually did apart from some special Saturdays. Now I'm reducing drastically my beers. Maybe I will even quit overall, but ... nuh.
That's not me. And guys who need to quit drinking 100% in order to control it are alcoholics - which I never was. So few beers (bears :)) every now and than, why not?

Sometimes I have tendency to talk crazy s*it with or without alcohol :)...So get use to it or ban me from this little special club. :(
Now, now Dusa, you’re starting to sound a bit like me. I have been drinking a fair amount of alcohol since I was 14. But now that I’m pushing 80 and starting to feel my age a bit, I have drastically decreased my daily alcohol intake to 6 or 7 cans of beer, followed by two generous glasses of wine with dinner, a vodka and tonic at sun down and a nice single malt whisky before bed. That’s all, so I’m nearly a teetotaller myself by now.

(And it stops me from posting nearly as silly rubish as Donald Trump as well. (Never got quite that silly, though.))

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Jonny we are old farts. ;)What is your D.o.B ? Mine is 28/05/39.:rolleyes:
RMV202910 - Mne- 20/06/1956.

Do you dare to answer.:unsure: