General Question Concerning Recruitment

Ratings
784 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
The 2e REI Chef de Corps (commanding officer), Colonel François, boycotted (for all the personel) Nîmes taxi service because of the piss taking fuds. Did it too against several bars and night clubs as well. Have said before “legionnaires built Nîmes”. Without our soldes (pays), this place is nothing much.
Btw, we received the visit of Pamela Anderson yesterday protesting against bull fight (it's the feria here at the moment).

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
664 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Bus, bus, bus. Last time I rode a taxi in France I paid 50 € in Paris from the airport to Porte de Montreuil that's like a 1000 pounds really a lot. Ony my way back, I just went to Nation via metro and from there a bus to the airport for just 3 euros (had 5 days ticket allowance on metro 3 zones for 31 €).
If you do go to Marseille, then I would recommend that you to the bus, Navette there's one every 20 minutes, it costs around 8 Euros 50 and takes around 20-30 mins. It will drop you off at the train station and then you have a train (or if there is a strike on a bus) to Aubagne. The train makes two stops, Marseille Blancard and then Aubagne ... around 4 Euros 50. Remember to compost your ticket. There's a yellow machine at the head of each platform. You put your ticket (not feed your ticket in- there's a difference) Keep turning your ticket around until you hear a click. Check the back of the ticket to make sure it's stamped, otherwise there's a fine.

It’s a world wide problem taxi fares !
You said it Papillon, which is why I'm glad there's Uber, at least you know how much you're paying before getting into a taxi. Last time I was in Marseille I got a taxi from a bar in my old quartier to the Prefecture, which is where our hotel was. He set off in the opposite way. I said 'where the f*ck are you going? Do your think I'm a F-ing tourist?, He came out with a lot of crap...

Rapace

Ratings
288 2 1
Home Country
France
(...) Btw, we received the visit of Pamela Anderson yesterday protesting against bull fight (it's the feria here at the moment).
For the anecdote Pamela Anderson has been living in Marseille, not too far from Nîmes, for the last 2 years or so. She's currently the partner of football (soccer) player Adil Rami. Rami is a defender in the local football club Olympique de Marseille (OM in short) and has been selected by coach Didier Deschamps in the French football team that will play in the upcoming World Cup in Russia. She's 18 years older than him but, as one says in French, “c'est dans les vieux pots qu'on fait la meilleure soupe” (those who want to know what it means, use Google... :)).

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
275 5 6
Home Country
Yugoslavia
(...) “c'est dans les vieux pots qu'on fait la meilleure soupe” (those who want to know what it means, use Google... :)).
Yes, I got it when I read a word “soupe” (the phrase in Serbian is one word different :)).

BTW I was surprised how smart Pamela actually sounds in some recent interviews.

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom