a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting a medical form translated

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hello again, all

2 years ago I broke my collar bone and sternum. I have heard on this forum that translating your medical paperwork to French is a wise decision, and there is no way for me to not disclose these injuries. The collar bone is clearly broken (and before anyone says anything, it causes me no pain or loss of motion).

Are there any suggestions on how to get this done properly and professionally? And, if I show up to join the Legion, will they perform their own xrays to see if it is fixed and I am in proper shape to join?

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
I would pay to get an xray done privately and get a note from the doctor explaining its ok, then try get the note translated and take both notes.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Listening people's experiences best idea would be to bring cash for doing X-ray in France where they send you (if they ask that from you).

Translating papers and doing exams in home country could be waste of money because there is good chance they wouldn't accept it. Also maybe they wouldn't ask that from you at all.

So, cold cash or possibility that someone sent you to France if needed is the best option. FFL don't doing X-ray. They send you in civil hospital.

How much is X Ray in your country? Its possible that in France is cheaper.

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
Listening people's experiences best idea would be to bring cash for doing X-ray in France where they send you (if they ask that from you).

Translating papers and doing exams in home country could be waste of money because there is good chance they wouldn't accept it. Also maybe they wouldn't ask that from you at all.

So, cold cash or possibility that someone sent you to France if needed is the best option. FFL don't doing X-ray. They send you in civil hospital.

How much is X Ray in your country? Its possible that in France is cheaper.

But in the same breathe taking your own may show a bit of iniative and show that you are addressing the fact youve broke a bone and are not hiding things. Could go for you or against you haha you never know.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
But in the same breathe taking your own may show a bit of iniative and show that you are addressing the fact youve broke a bone and are not hiding things. Could go for you or against you haha you never know.
I don't think they would take that in consideration.