a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Getting into France with Covid restrictions.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
It seems to be quite difficult to get into France right now, as there is a level four travel advisory for coming into the country. Also, from the French Governments website it appears there is only a select list of reason for you to be able to enter metropolitan France. Among these reasons, "In transit less than 24 hours, reuniting with family, pertinent work for the French economy, receiving care in a public/private French hospital, and short-term or long-term student visa's". Outside these reasons it doesn't appear you can access France. Has anyone been to France during this Covid advisory, and if so how did you get past the border into metropolitan France. Also, did you fly directly to France or did you cross the border from the United Kingdom or Portugal. Thanks, for any advice I'm hoping to leave soon but unsure of how to get into the country while The Legion maintains it's recruitment it doesn't appear France is maintaining traveling for that reason or any other non-essential reason. Thanks in advance.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
We will have more info Tuesday, the Prime Minister will give a press conference
We might be going towards a total lock down or a curfew from 18 h 00 to 0 6 h 00
Marseille (department, Aubange inclu are already)
Learn some french while waiting.... get your self vaccinated too before going and keep all proof of so
L.P.C.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Roger that L.P.C, working on getting vaccinated now they are doing it by age groups/most affected population first in The States. As for French I am learning The Legion Code of Honor right now and watching French movies/documentaries at night. Thanks L.P.C

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
You should also watch the French news. The anchor person is chosen for his or her ability to articulate. Also you will be familiar with the current situation. If and this is a big if, you had listened to my advise, you would know what the words for Snow were, Spain, Black box, Indonesia, Impeachment and I could go on about it jusqu’à la saint-glinglin

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You should also watch the French news. The anchor person is chosen for his or her ability to articulate. Also you will be familiar with the current situation. If and this is a big if, you had listened to my advise, you would know what the words for Snow were, Spain, Black box, Indonesia, Impeachment and I could go on about it jusqu’à la saint-glinglin
Hmm I will have to see how I can watch "French news" maybe somewhere on the internet. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the second part in reference to your advice? lol

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hmm I will have to see how I can watch "French news" maybe somewhere on the internet. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the second part in reference to your advice?
jusqu’à la saint-glinglin? Is an old colloquial (French) saying, which means until the cows come home. You don't often hear it, so don't worry over that one.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ahhhh ok, when I googled it. It said "until doomsday". lol. I hear Americans that know French increase there chances dramatically of being accepted.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
13 DBLE is under snow at the moment

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Back to their origins. I'm sure that everyone is aware that the 13 were created in order to go and kelp the Finns before they capitulated. That was before being sent to Norway,
What do you mean no ? It's all well and good saying in Aubagne that you want the 13, without having a clue about it's origins.
Perhaps the 13 is the new 'REP Fever'?

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
Any advice? I will be travelling to France on Thursday, any up date ,please let me know if there is any changes, I will be going back to Paris for recruitment

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Marseilles (Aubange) will probably be on shut down because of (COVID).. will tell you more by tomorrow evening once i learn more
L.P.C.
Avé

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Keep your tickets until you reach the Legion recruitment post , Fort de Nogent, Paris or Aubagne near Marseille
It serves as proof in case of control by the fuzz
Bring a box of face masks too

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Unfortunately we have had Zeroni on here before. Asking lots of questions, always practically at the front door, nothing and then rebolote

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
It's been a while since we brought up the Covid subject (excluding "Lazer's" lies. So here is my two bahts worth:

As every know :unsure:, we are coming up to the Chinese New Year - on the 21st of this month. It is a major thing for them. Where everyone travels home. Which is all well and good, but then they will go back to the place that they have left from :cautious::confused:,
Let me explain myself, here in Thailand there is a large Chinese community, a lot of whom will travel on or before the 21st of January to China. After the festivities, they will come back here.

I know that Europe, they are starting to do tests on arrival, but that is it o_O:oops::eek:. There is no longer obligated quarantine, so I am predicting a huge world wide increase in Covid around the 25th if January.

To quote LPC "you heard it on here first".

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
It's been a while since we brought up the Covid subject (excluding "Lazer's" lies. So here is my two bahts worth:

As every know :unsure:, we are coming up to the Chinese New Year - on the 21st of this month. It is a major thing for them. Where everyone travels home. Which is all well and good, but then they will go back to the place that they have left from :cautious::confused:,
Let me explain myself, here in Thailand there is a large Chinese community, a lot of whom will travel on or before the 21st of January to China. After the festivities, they will come back here.

I know that Europe, they are starting to do tests on arrival, but that is it o_O:oops::eek:. There is no longer obligated quarantine, so I am predicting a huge world wide increase in Covid around the 25th if January.

To quote LPC "you heard it on here first".
Went on a Cruise Ship in December, as expected my wife and I caught Covid