a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting military experience before joining the Legion?

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
You were probably shite as a AMX-10RC driver, that "dentist chair", your down fall, way too many Z:s, i suppose? Muahaha ;)

Happy Christmas to you too jungle bunny, thats why you got feckin posted so many times.
A shite driver well if we ever get chance Ill have to take you out in one sometime lmao,
I do know the real reason somebody needed musicos and saw my records should have kept that quiet .

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Happy Christmas to you too jungle bunny, thats why you got feckin posted so many times.
A shite driver well if we ever get chance Ill have to take you out in one sometime lmao,
I do know the real reason somebody needed muscios and saw my records should have kept that quite .

Muahaha, (get over it) Love you too brother! :)

W

Weseefromage

Unregistered
How do you know there's little difference between the Legion and the French army? Stop talking about shit you don't know about.

I'm talking about the regular military and elite units in general, not only French. But thanks fot the warning.

W

Weseefromage

Unregistered
Weseefromage.

Possibly you have never heard the words; history, discipline, tradition and courage. Well in the Legion's coloured history they have these qualities in spades. Finally the awesome chants which are incomparable. That's what sets the Legion apart.
Don't even attempt to mention the USMC cadences or it will ruin my festive season .lol
Happy Chrimbo one and all.

Chas, I didn't say the Legion are not special. I just wanted to say that regular soldiers are not so regular, neither. Here in Norway, we dig our Special Forces but noone (nor our SFs) looks at each other as any less important. Everybody could need support, if you're wise.

I met some Navy SEALs who were staying in my camp, and British SAS in a Chinook and well - no condescension at all, they know they need others too. No feeling of superiority, more like real allies. A SEAL guy was very friendly, I traded my proper Gurkha knife with him for his Mini Maglite with camo-paint (not so easy to come by in 1994). :) The SAS guys in the helicopter also said "Nothing wrong with them!" about us...

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Chas, I didn't say the Legion are not special. I just wanted to say that regular soldiers are not so regular, neither. Here in Norway, we dig our Special Forces but noone (nor our SFs) looks at each other as any less important. Everybody could need support, if you're wise.

I met some Navy SEALs who were staying in my camp, and British SAS in a Chinook and well - no condescension at all, they know they need others too. No feeling of superiority, more like real allies. A SEAL guy was very friendly, I traded my proper Gurkha knife with him for his Mini Maglite with camo-paint (not so easy to come by in 1994). :) The SAS guys in the helicopter also said "Nothing wrong with them!" about us...

First go to the Legion door and dare knocking on the door. Then enter respectfully when a legionnaire opens the gate. Then get selected. Then go through instruction and get your Képi Blanc.

When all that is done we might discuss again about superiority or not !

AVGROM

Reaction score
Home Country
Russian Federation
Everyone had enough of this guy. For about eight days I ignored him.

You do not have to worry that someone will beat you. Nobody wants to risk. To harassment occurred because of my age. You know, people do not have anything to do. For example, one guy started yelling at me because I stopped working on literally 1 minute. I was just tired because I gave it my 200%. He was terribly lazy. He could not even wash the floor well. Even CCH shouted at him because of this.
The second guy was better. The romanian CCH told me and him to wash the floor. It was a military police building or something like that. He said something like, "Why me? no i don't want to wash a floor." The soldier was pissed off.

There was much more situations like this. Be tough and don't let other ppls to shit on you because of your age.

I do not understand people with such attitude. "I don't want to wash a floor", they are in army, not high school. Shut up and do your job. But that is my personal opinion.

Question: if someone is harassing you- is it better to shut up, continue work and ignore them (which seems the logical decision) or to say something back so that people don't shit on you? How can you be tough but not too aggressive (verbally even) to be kicked out? I am sorry if it is a stupid question but it was a question in my mind.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
There is a lot of people so it's best to ignore them for the time in Aubagne. Who knows. Maybe they send them home the next day. I'm very calm but if someone annoys you for a few days, it's hard to ignore him still. Usually i told them "shut up and do your job": P
As I said. I don't know how it's in Castel but in Aubagne number of people who wants to risk is very small so 99% of the time is peace.
but there is always someone who is looking for trouble and they are looking for the easiest victims.

Joining the Legion, is a personal thing, it isn't about you and 'them', it's about 'you'. Later on, it becomes about you and them, until then (if you make it through), mind your own business.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Once again a thread which had some interest get lost in translation. By guys who know feck all what ther talking about. get a bloody grip when you know about the subject then you can pump your gums untill the shut up.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Wessefromage,

For the record wearing a maroon beret, green beret, SAS or SBS one does not make you a superior warrior. All it indicates is that you have achieved a certain skillset.
None of these teeth arms can survive without logistics and support. All Arms complement each other to produce the end product. And the end product simply has one aim and that is simply to WIN.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
"them"
i mean guys who are looking for troubles.

I know you meant the 'troublemakers', but also, you should watch out about getting too 'friendly' with people while in the selection center. They are likey about to take a 'free ride' on your expenses, thus to try and make it in, while screwing up your chances. Once at Castel, it's time to learn about each others and make 'friends', not before.

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
As for previous military experience prior to the Legion, I would think it's like having sex before getting married, while it will be a plus in many situations, your new bride is going to train you from scratch.

All the best in the new year.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
As for previous military experience prior to the Legion, I would think it's like having sex before getting married, while it will be a plus in many situations, your new bride is going to train you from scratch.

The new bride will direct, La Legion ex military or not your a virgin simple really.

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark

Hahah that's a great comparison.

W

Weseefromage

Unregistered
Wessefromage,

For the record wearing a maroon beret, green beret, SAS or SBS one does not make you a superior warrior. All it indicates is that you have achieved a certain skillset.
None of these teeth arms can survive without logistics and support. All Arms complement each other to produce the end product. And the end product simply has one aim and that is simply to WIN.

The skills could come from anywhere, that's only what I tried to say. Simply to WIN is the whole start of the problem, sir.

AVGROM

Reaction score
Home Country
Russian Federation
Ha-ha, I would say the same. "shut up and do your job". Thanks for your reply.