Girlfriends and kids??

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Ireland
If I moved my girlfriend to France and joined the Legion, would I see her much while in the Legion? I also have a 4 year old son from a different girl who wouldn't be moving to France but would be willing to send him over to me (with a minder) when I get the time for him. How often would I get to see him over the 5 years service? Do many men who join the Legion have kids?

Victor

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I have kids, but I don't see them anyway... An ex wife and a few girlfriends. None....like, permanent any more. But a few I am still friendly with, that want to come visit me. I can't do whores or prostees, so.... Anyhow, they are all reasons for me to join, in my opinion...
From all I hear you have evenings and weekends off to do as you like. Of course, I have not been in yet. Leaving in a week and a half....

betrand

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
England
First of all, how are you going to support a woman and a child on a little over a thousand Euros a month? How much do you think rent is these days? How are you going to save anything, where is that going to leave you 5 years on when you are 5 years older and broke with a kid in school? Is she just going to sit around and get older while you go off on your jolly? In a foreign country? Next up: the Legion doesn't enlist married men. That's a very subtle way of saying they don't do family housing, school trips, holidays, creches etc. You'll be with the Legion on Christmas day. Not with them ..

I'd say you are confusing the Legion with a regular army where you get go home every evening to a home cooked meal and watch TV with the missus.

Seriously, have you considered how not seeing your kids or your gf for months at a time is going to effect you? They will ask you if you have kids etc. and they will wonder (I would) how many colouring in's she's going to post you, or hand prints or letters to 'daddy' you would last before deserting.

The Legion isn't something to fit around your life man. Some do it but I wouldn't even want that level of distraction or heart ache. If my kid got sick or my gf got sick, what would I do? How would it effect my performance and my attitude? Could my comrades rely on me to give 100%? Would I be in and out of the CO's office every week for this or that or asking for leave or more leave etc? I wouldn't want to serve with you either, beause your constant bitching and whingeing and ennui would do my head in. You'd be no fun on the piss, no use chasing poon etc. I be really worried you'd go nuts and gun me down when you finally get the Dear John and Little Sammy has a 'new daddy' too.

Don't go there man. Make a clean break from your past or get a regular job is my advice.

Anciens know better and I know some do the family on the side, but they are the NCO's with years of service who know how to make it work .. but that's my position on it all.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Do not even think about joining the Legion if you have thoughts about girl friends and kids. For your own sake you should be totally free from attachments to family. It is possible that you get shipped to an overseas regiment and be there for two years or more. If the Legion get a whiff of any of those concerns, they will turf you out in no time.

Samtoo

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
The Tropic of Mexico...near Little Havana.
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Do not even think about joining the Legion if you have thoughts about girl friends and kids. For your own sake you should be totally free from attachments to family. It is possible that you get shipped to an overseas regiment and be there for two years or more. If the Legion get a whiff of any of those concerns, they will turf you out in no time.
They just don't get it, Volt. They haven't yet understood that the Legion is unlike any other military. They still want all the amenities of home.

Fox Winters

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Mongolia
True what Sir Voltigeur says. But if you must know, you may be able to see them on CAMERONE day :D, as they do parades n' all. But keep in mind what Sir Voltigeur said.

libertypo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Italy
True what Sir Voltigeur says. But if you must know, you may be able to see them on CAMERONE day :D, as they do parades n' all. But keep in mind what Sir Voltigeur said.
Flattery wont bring you anything, you " brown nose ".....

soccer#3

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Sweden
I have kids. But I don't see them anyway...

An ex wife. And a few girlfriends. None....like, permanent anymore. But a few I am still friendly with, that want to come visit me. I can't do whores or prostees, so.... Anyhow, they are all reasons for me to join, in my opinion...

From all I hear you have evenings and weekends off to do as you like.

Of course, I have not been in yet. Leaving in a week and a half....
if u get accepted, u gonna have a lonely time bro
Ehhmmm....proper fucked ? :D:D
hey lib, wheres that from? i recognize it but cant put my finger on it

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Everybody who enlists in the Legion is deemed single.. Simple as that. As for Xmas all the regiment gathers on Christmas,to celebrate with la Grande Famille. That includes all officers and NCOs, even if they're married.
As for being married in the Legion I knew of two guys both senior NCOs who were married and it takes very strong and independent women to be married to a legionnaire.........................:D
As for a low life second classe legionnaire forget it. Make a clean break and enjoy being single...................................:D

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
I was in a bar in Calvi one night. The local whore who was page three material came up to me in the bar and started her spiel. I told her I was not interested. She asked did I not like her or her profession.
I said, I have nothing against your work my dear, legionnaires and whores we all get fucked for money. The real reason was my whole section had been there first and there was a mad sgt who thought she was his girlfriend lol. But give her her due every time I went to the bar she remembered my name and always spoke.
Anyone who hates pro whores what ever you call them.
is your lives that squeeky clean i know mine was not ;)

betrand

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
England
Can't say I disagree. Good moral tale too.

The trouble is, there's just too much AIDS (and about 500 other diseases and afflictions) going round these days to risk everything for a fumble. And yes I know - its unlikely - but when you're in an army town, as you said yourself, the whole regiment is plowing that field regularly. Its like drinking from a toilet.

Some guys probably just have moral or religious hang ups. Most I reckon, like me, just don't like dirty poon and are counting on seeing 40 years of age in good health with one eye firmly on the next adventure.

Besides, seriously, if you can't find a clean girl with a huge disposable income and in the best physical condition of your life I'd worry. :)

As for Africa .. or SA. I'd rather eat shit than probe the local talent. Probably safer.

corvee de chotte

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
Can't say I disagree. Good moral tale too.

The trouble is, there's just too much AIDS (and about 500 other diseases and afflictions) going round these days to risk everything for a fumble. And yes I know - its unlikely - but when you're in an army town, as you said yourself, the whole regiment is plowing that field regularly. Its like drinking from a toilet.

Some guys probably just have moral or religious hang ups. Most I reckon, like me, just don't like dirty poon and are counting on seeing 40 years of age in good health with one eye firmly on the next adventure.

Besides, seriously, if you can't find a clean girl with a huge disposable income and in the best physical condition of your life I'd worry. :)

As for Africa .. or SA. I'd rather eat shit than probe the local talent. Probably safer.
Wear a condom.................you dont have to kiss em.........your more likely to get a dose of clap in Aldershot or Colchester............or like flash you can stick to the Lady boys:D:D:D

Paris.Pete

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
England
Wear a condom.................you dont have to kiss em.........your more likely to get a dose of clap in Aldershot or Colchester............or like flash you can stick to the Lady boys:D:D:D
OI...lay-off Aldershot... ;) lol

Most viewed threads of the week