a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going again

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Think I had the first interview about re engaging at the 4 year and 7 months stage, think the decision to stay was all of 30 seconds. No major f ups on the record a few bananes but we all made them in the early stages, but not in the latter, I had settled down and was enjoying being a professional soldier. Why the fack I left after 10 years still bloody baffles mw to this day:confused:, But cie la vie non je regrette en rein.:cool::cool:

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Me, well a tad more confusing, but let's say, i had plans on leaving at 5, life wasn't as as pink as it seemed, so way before i were asked anything, i asked to re-enlist 3 years and to go to Djibouti (bastards, sent my ham to French-guiana instead :D ) and on my leave before going over, i first met my ex-wife for the first time. And after that, each time i was allowed to re-enlist 3 years more, it was towards the end i only signed on for a year at the time, retired at 19 and a half, had plans and of course, they fecked up too. :D C'est la vie, Que vida loca, Caramba! ;)

Renard.E

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
My trip was short and this time it ended at the main gate. The medical kick out what came in year 2013, still stands.

Time to regroup myself and move on.

Thanks for the support appreciated.

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
My trip was short and this time it ended at the main gate. The medical kick out what came in year 2013, still stands.

Will it ever expire? I am sorry to hear that buddy. At least you tried.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia

I'm sorry you didn't make it in. The fact you went twice tells a lot about you. Don't take it as a defeat of any sort. My respect to you Carelian!

Le Gringo

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Nooooooooo, what a bummer! I was rooting for you :(

Is laser eye surgery an option for getting around this medical issue?? If not, you had the determination to go twice and deserve respect for that. I'm sure that determination will take you places in the future, best of luck to you Renard.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Saatanen! :( Atleast you tried and twice. Best of luck with what ever you will do from now on and keep in touch my Karjalan borther.
SAme here man to go twice took balls as you said time to regroup and move on best of luck whatever you do.

Renard.E

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
Good luck. Did you fix your eye or are you just giving it another roll of the dice and hoping the doctors overlook it? Hope it's the former, but regardless, good luck and hope you can achieve your dream.

With glasses now a days. I was hoping that it would work with scopes.

Renard.E

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
Nooooooooo, what a bummer! I was rooting for you :(

Is laser eye surgery an option for getting around this medical issue?? If not, you had the determination to go twice and deserve respect for that. I'm sure that determination will take you places in the future, best of luck to you Renard.

I had laser surgery in the year 2005, spring. Maybe it was too soon back then, but I wanted to get rid off the glasses. Hated glasses, it meant nerd. Didn't accept it.

Renard.E

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
When you are declared Medical, or IFMD (Definetley unfit military formation), no miracles to be expected and you can write letters until there's no forests left.

The man said about writing letter. I don't believe that crying afterwards would do any good. Like Don wrote, "until there's no forest left".

Renard.E

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
Sorry to hear that. How bad are your eyes exactly bro? Or is it auto-refuse nowdays if you have glasses?

It didn't matter that I have glasses. Man at the gate saw the discharge reason from computer and that was it.

Strength in glasses are -0.55 and -0.75.

Destruktov

Reaction score
Home Country
Hungary
It didn't matter that I have glasses. Man at the gate saw the discharge reason from computer and that was it.

Strength in glasses are -0.55 and -0.75.

So your eyes wasn't the reason for the discharge then? I'm a bit relieved from that. For a minute I thought that all the work I put in training, and buying french classes is down the drain, without even getting a shot.

korisnik

Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia
wtf i have -1.5 and -1.5 and am planing to go, arent small dioptris alowed?

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
He had different problems with one of his eyes, it wasn't because he had to wear glasses or had contacts or was near sighted. He had a "lazy eye" and I guess the doctor gave him inapt definitive. Sucks.

IanElKantara

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
Good luck in whatever you will do in your life from now on. Maybe you still can join the Finnish police or military.

Another guy went to France to join a few days ago if i'm not mistaken, and we was almost the same age as you. I don't remember his nickname, but he was the Romanian guy who ran marathons.