Good news for Commonwealth citizens.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Current December issue of the Soldier Magazine- Page 16. Heading 1000 more Commonwealth recruits per year.

Salient points from MoD officials.

Total number of recruits will be 1,350.
Army 1000.
RN 300.
RAF 50.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Malaysia
I went into MoD website apparently only RAF still maintains the 5 yrs minimum UK residency for Commonwealth citizens to apply

OP
C
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I went into MoD website apparently only RAF still maintains the 5 yrs minimum UK residency for Commonwealth citizens to apply[/QUO

As usual they have not caught up with the times. As a Commonwealth citizen you can now apply direct from overseas without worrying about the 5 year residency requirement.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I went into MoD website apparently only RAF still maintains the 5 yrs minimum UK residency for Commonwealth citizens to apply
met a couple of guys from Fiji when in the Army...top guys. hard & robust

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
The Brit army recruiting campaign,
I had to look up what they meant by snow flakes, this is what I found :
"Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a neologistic term used to characterize the young adults of the 2010s as being more prone to taking offense and having less psychological resilience than previous generations, or as being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own. The term is considered derogatory. It is one of several informal examples of usage of the word snowflake to refer to people. "

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-46747862

OP
C
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
A pathetic new campaign with asinine recruiting posters.
But of course I served in another era, so who am I to judge ?:unsure:

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
Absolute joke, in my opinion these recruiting pr people are on a different wavelength, the only place snowflakes belong in the military is to sort them out and get them into shape mentally and physically. It's a pathetic state of affairs....I have no clue what's banging around in the heads of the imbecilic numb nuts that makes these decisions.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I take it for the moment there are still old school NCOs; drill pigs, CSMs, RSMS etc. But don't forget that these people will have to move on and be replaced. I mean I may be out of touch a bit, but a phone zombie and a selfie addict are reasonably self explanatory, but a 'snowflake' I thought it was what black people called white people. I now find that they are people who are lacking in self assurance etc. that the army is calling out to.
The French have an expression Il va chercher le bâton pour se faire battre. Or roughly translated, he's looking for a stick to get beaten with.

Does this mean that your average Sunday football hooligan and the outdoors nutters are no longer welcome? I've just had a thought here. These selfie addicts and phone addicts or whatever they are called, will become liabilities on operations. The phone addict will go into cold turkey out in the field and the selfie, if he/she it, is caught with their phones by the enemy.

This is me in the armory:love: This is me in the HQ tent (just behind the officers mess):love: This is me behind the officers mess, next to the munitions dump:love: I was going to take one of the fuel dump next to it, but the RSM stopped me.:rolleyes::cautious:

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
I take it for the moment there are still old school NCOs; drill pigs, CSMs, RSMS etc. But don't forget that these people will have to move on and be replaced. I mean I may be out of touch a bit, but a phone zombie and a selfie addict are reasonably self explanatory, but a 'snowflake' I thought it was what black people called white people. I now find that they are people who are lacking in self assurance etc. that the army is calling out to.
The French have an expression Il va chercher le bâton pour se faire battre. Or roughly translated, he's looking for a stick to get beaten with.

Does this mean that your average Sunday football hooligan and the outdoors nutters are no longer welcome? I've just had a thought here. These selfie addicts and phone addicts or whatever they are called, will become liabilities on operations. The phone addict will go into cold turkey out in the field and the selfie, if he/she it, is caught with their phones by the enemy.

This is me in the armory:love: This is me in the HQ tent (just behind the officers mess):love: This is me behind the officers mess, next to the munitions dump:love: I was going to take one of the fuel dump next to it, but the RSM stopped me.:rolleyes::cautious:
#inthearmy #combat #patrol
I cringe at the thought:eek:!
Dv-tf5DXcAAAI_U.jpg
These are the posters in question.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
All changed now...if you f#cked up you got a slap ..battlefield discipline. Remember i was attached to the Green howards & came off a Patrol. One of their clerks did not unload his weapon. The CSM Beat the sh*t out of him. We were sitting watching TV..no one blinked an eye...haha. Were good guys the green howards...:D

Last edited by a moderator:

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
When you join the military you surrender your civilian rights and accept that you are now the military's property with serial number and everything! But this whole social justice cr@p is now getting out of hand!