a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Good responses to question of why you wanted to join the legion?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
and he doesn't have any military experience, and he doesn't know if he wants to and he's American, you don't have to have a PhD in nuclear fusion to work out the unanimous decision of the conseil. Mate, you don't stand a chance.
That is an I interesting remark that being an American counts against him. It's been my experience many Europeans share that sentiment. Not anyone I have worked with shared that sentiment. Personally I never really gave sh$t what the name sayers think about Americans. Everyone needs something or someone to dislike. I'm an older American, and I'm still not easy to kill, the commies have been trying for decades. No matter where a man comes from, each man's worth is to his own talents and abilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
That is an I interesting remark that being an American counts against him. It's been my experience many Europeans share that sentiment. Not anyone I have worked with shared that sentiment. Personally I never really gave shit what the name sayers think about Americans. Everyone needs something or someone to dislike. I'm an older American, and I'm still not easy to kill, the commies have been trying for decades. No matter where a man comes from, each man's worth is to his own talents and abilities.
*Na Sayers, not name sayers :) typo

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi Kro, thanks for your input. The word cunt is not fine, perhaps I missed it. Believe me I don't want to spend my time reading every post in order to see if someone is using foul language. Fortunately no-one does. It is not to protect the delicate ears of those who are going to join. It is more for the mothers and wives and children who come on here to see what their hubby or son et cetera is doing.
The last thing that we want to do is to give them the impression that that the forum of is full of bad mouthed, uncouthed, yobs. Which, granted, most of us who have served are ;), but it would quickly get out of hand.
And where to draw the line? Those in green it's alright and those in blue not?
It's your show Joe. You make the rules.
Always happy to do dix jours en taule ou corvee megots pour mes conneries. C'est la vie.

Last edited:

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
That is an I interesting remark that being an American counts against him. It's been my experience many Europeans share that sentiment. Not anyone I have worked with shared that sentiment. Personally I never really gave shit what the name sayers think about Americans. Everyone needs something or someone to dislike. I'm an older American, and I'm still not easy to kill, the commies have been trying for decades. No matter where a man comes from, each man's worth is to his own talents and abilities.
To be fair in Europe everybody dislikes everybody. We call it silent racism.

maim

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
It's not my opinion. It's just that US citizens per se are perceived as being privileged. During my time I served with a number of Americans, they were either exceptional soldiers, or had very good reasons for wanting to join. In some cases both.

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Why don't you leave the boys alone to play?

You know absolutely f@ck all about any of us, what we did in our previous lives, what we do now, and more importantly what new reality awaits the dreamers and wanabees getting a stiffy about the possibility of wearing a Kepi Blanc.

There is no place for females in the Legion (if "female" is indeed what you are) , and thus no place either on a site dedicated to providing 1st hand information to wanabee Legionnaires. It's a 100% male world at EV level - unless you're a pute of course...

You would do better spending your time on Mumsnet or somewhere similar where your social-worker nature could be appreciated in its full glory. It's wasted here.

On the old Cervens forum (that I miss ) you would have been relegated to "Ladies Corner" in a heartbeat, and all the puke and drivel you spout would have been absorbed in the sand bucket there.

Hope that helps.
xx
This woman is very good. Maybe she can help you with your Low self esteem and Anger issues against women. There is also a NHS helpline in London if you can't afford Private therapy.
This will help you
Shirly xx

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Hi Kro, thanks for your input. The word cunt is not fine, perhaps I missed it. Believe me I don't want to spend my time reading every post in order to see if someone is using foul language. Fortunately no-one does. It is not to protect the delicate ears of those who are going to join. It is more for the mothers and wives and children who come on here to see what their hubby or son et cetera is doing.
The last thing that we want to do is to give them the impression that that the forum of is full of bad mouthed, uncouthed, yobs. Which, granted, most of us who have served are ;), but it would quickly get out of hand.
And where to draw the line? Those in green it's alright and those in blue not?
Thank you joe. Some Foul language is just not acceptable on this or any other forum.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
There is an "ignore button". It works, especially on clingers. Just saying.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
(? seriously?) Goodbye.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
It's not my opinion. It's just that US citizens per se are perceived as being privileged. During my time I served with a number of Americans, they were either exceptional soldiers, or had very good reasons for wanting to join. In some cases both.
I agree.
I also believe it is human nature to judge a group by one experience. It only takes one bad egg or is it apple, to ruin the bunch. A lot of the Americans that travel to Europe for leisure usually are of that privilege or Intitled mind set. We call them trust fund babies. They are living off of their grandparents success and are quite worthless.
I agree with you on the Soliders comment aswell. We live in a world where Mercenaries are called contractors. lol

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Currently there is more international, personal and private loathing worldwide for all sorts of reasons. Most are ill conceived by people lacking knowledge of race, history and geography . Normally with low esteem they seek recognition in joining some fringe group with right or left wing tendencies, Then of course we have the established religious fanatics, cults and survivalists with all their conspiracy theories

Unfortunately we live in unstable times with incompetent, supine and venal leaders.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Currently there is more international, personal and private loathing worldwide for all sorts of reasons. Most are ill conceived by people lacking knowledge of race, history and geography . Normally with low esteem they seek recognition in joining some fringe group with right or left wing tendencies, Then of course we have the established religious fanatics, cults and survivalists with all their conspiracy theories

Unfortunately we live in unstable times with incompetent, supine and venal leaders.
This question is off subject, "What are your thoughts on the Chicoms growing influence on the African continent?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
This question is off subject, "What are your thoughts on the Chicoms growing influence on the African continent?
China will hold them all in hock. They will offer loans and infrastructure and then squeeze the African recipients.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
This woman is very good. Maybe she can help you with your Low self esteem and Anger issues against women. There is also a NHS helpline in London if you can't afford Private therapy.
This will help you
Shirly xx

I'm unsure what particular pedestal you have managed to climb on today to spew out your normal drivel of clichés and one-liners my little wood nymph.

You haven't got a clue what I do professionally but I assure you my self esteem is untroubled - as too is my wife of 36 years and our daughters concerning my apparent hatred of women.

What angers me are patronising little pratts like you (male or female) who are too lazy or too afraid to create meaningful lives themselves, and live their own miserable existences piggybacking on the lives of others (as you are doing on here).

The fact remains that you have f@ck all to contribute here that can't be said on Facebook, Reddit or any of the other pathetic platforms where keyboard warriors while away their useless lives confusing pixels with reality.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

I agree that's everywhere. I was really more Interested in that the Legion has that mind set or opinion of Americans. I was wondering if it the fodder they get for recruitment or is a professional opinion. After all American Professional soldiers (not any of the woke turds) are very good at what we do.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
China will hold them all in hock. They will offer loans and infrastructure and then squeeze the African recipients.
We the (US Special Ops) has just recently secured some mineral resources from the ccp special forces military in Africa for a friendly African country for our National interests. The ccp was trying to get their grubby little hands on. The ccp military really are nothing but a bunch of little emperors. (Tickturds)

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
To be fair in Europe everybody dislikes everybody. We call it silent racism.
To some extent that even drills down at national level too with people in the north of a country disliking those in those south etc - (and I don't think the once honourable sport of football for example helps much in that respect either where support for one team often turns to tangible hate and violence against the opposing supporters).

It's just human nature to dislike or hate something that is not your own "norm" it seems.

The point here that may be being missing (for the sake of wannabbes at least) is the the Legion is a great equaliser in all of that. Apart from the odd beer-fuelled rerun of WWII that used to happen between the Brits and the Germans on occasion after the foyer closed in my time, nationality is unimportant in the Legion on a day to day basis.

I can't remember the exact figures (Volt or Rapace or Joe would know), but I think the figure is 170 nationalities that make up the Legion. Given the success of that outfit in getting all of those guys with different values and different beliefs to work in harmony together day after day, the world should be able to learn a lesson from it perhaps.