a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Meeting

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
We are slightly drifting away from the original topic... :D

Last edited:

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
“Terrorist networks span a footprint as large as Europe. French and American soldiers are confronting the same enemy and risking their lives together,” Macron said."
http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/25/macron-american-troops/

In front of a Joint Session of Congress, all of the Representatives and the Senators. This only happens once a year for the US President when he gives the State of the Union each January.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
(...) For example... Every NATO member is mandatory to buy (take) American made weapons. Isn't it?
No, you don't have to buy American made weapons, look at France's latest multi role fighter jet, it is French designed and built.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Le Petit Caporal hit on something important, the super powers and their Geo-political games is a hard truth and some time the skirmishes fought are fought by proxies with weaponry from us, America and weaponry from Russia and now China wants to jump in. They, the Chinese may have a very large armed forces; however, the cannot project their might anywhere. Look at Kim Jong Ill, pure Chinese puppet, act an ass and when he realized President Trump was not the Same as the last four us Presidents, he is now at the table
Amazing what B-52 Fly By, F-35 Strike Fighters, 3 US Aircraft Carriers (each one bigger than most countries entire Air Force), and the comment Lil Rocket Man, you may have a Red Button on your desk, but I guarantee mine is bigger and it works. Kim backed down, that little crazy fat bastard Kim needs to go.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Design and fabrication by Dassault, the Rafale. Here in Nîmes (home of the 2 REI) we have an international airport. It was shared with the Aéronavale (Marine Aviation) and they were equipped with the Rafale M (Marine version of the Rafale fighter), 78 M€ per unit . They have now left Nîmes and have been replaced by a regiment of transport and material. An escadron of Canadair bombardiers CL 415 water bombers.
The high cost can be explained by the lone project and development assumed by Dassault.

Russia, as an army, cannot and never will match our technical and material skills. They (Poutine) thrives on bluff

Source : Banque mondiale
The population of Russia, 2016 was 144 million
Population of Pakistan, 2016 was 193 million
Population of Bangladesh, 2016 was 163 million
Population of the U.S.A., 2016 was 323 million
The estimated population of the European Union is 512 million
NATO countries population unfound

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Design and fabrication by Dassault, the Rafale. Here in Nîmes (home of the 2 REI) we have an international airport. It was shared with the Aéronavale (Marine Aviation) and they were equipped with the Rafale M (Marine version of the Rafale fighter), 78 M€ per unit . They have now left Nîmes and have been replaced by a regiment of transport and material. An escadron of Canadair bombardiers CL 415 water bombers.
The high cost can be explained by the lone project and development assumed by Dassault.

Russia, as an army, cannot and never will match our technical and material skills. They (Poutine) thrives on bluff

Source : Banque mondiale
The population of Russia, 2016 was 144 million
Population of Pakistan, 2016 was 193 million
Population of Bangladesh, 2016 was 163 million
Population of the U.S.A., 2016 was 323 million
The estimated population of the European Union is 512 million
NATO countries population unfound

100% agree, Russia is no match for NATO and the US would beat them hands down. First we are not a conscript military and our tactics and equipment is far superior. Look, in all honesty, if it were not for Nukes, Russia would not be a threat, but they are.
General Patton had it right at the end of the war in Europe during WWII, we need to make a right turn and attack Russia now, latter we will regret it. We do!

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
The Rafale was the plane I wanted to call out but did not remember the name, I know I likely misspelled it.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Out maneuvered the Eurofighter “Typhoon” in recent exercices, and in all domains.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
100% agree, Russia is no match for NATO and the US would beat them hands down. First we are not a conscript military and our tactics and equipment is far superior. Look, in all honesty, if it were not for Nukes, Russia would not be a threat, but they are.
General Patton had it right at the end of the war in Europe during WWII, we need to make a right turn and attack Russia now, latter we will regret it. We do!
Why do you think Russia is threat to US?

Do you think that anyone who can in anyway harm US is threat to it? Except if they are your ally. Then everything is allowed.

Believe me, you can't look at world in black and white manner as you do. Do you think that Saudi Arabia is your great ally and does not pose any threat for US homeland security? (do you know how much money they spend for lobbying in US?)

Maybe better example... Turkey. Do you think that they are still your big ally and that they are willing to do whatever Washington and Pentagon tell them to do?

I mean, man I'm not trying to attack you are your beloved homeland USA. I agree with you on many issues and topics, but this is not one of them. What really bothers me is your Hollywood-style view of the world where America is ultimate good and all others (if they are against it) are ultimate evil

You can dislike me because of this, but that is simply the truth and I'm not willing to go against it no matter what (OK maybe for some fat dollar account :), but for free not for sure)

Last edited:

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
There is no possible way to destroy enough Russian nukes in a first strike, Russians keep very few missiles in silos , their Topol and Topol-Ms are all in mobile launchers (excluding subs as well) and the Russian warheads carry heavier payloads compared to the American missiles. The MIRVS on a Topol means that 1 missile can hit 12 targets with a 350ktn warhead, and the Russians have over a 1000 nuke warheads, I'd call that a threat. Russian missiles have always been bigger and faster but their accuracy is not as great as the Tridents or Minuteman. However nuclear war is highly unlikey as the MAD doctrine still applies.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Maybe it's time for US to back down a little bit. They didn't do that in long long time. Russia drawn red line somewhere trough the Syria. I think it's best for all of us that USA I respect that. I don't think Ruskies are willing to back down. In other hand watching Iraq and Libya ... maybe is good idea to let someone else try something else.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
There is no possible way to destroy enough Russian nukes in a first strike, Russians keep very few missiles in silos , their Topol and Topol-Ms are all in mobile launchers (excluding subs as well) and the Russian warheads carry heavier payloads compared to the American missiles. The MIRVS on a Topol means that 1 missile can hit 12 targets with a 350ktn warhead, and the Russians have over a 1000 nuke warheads, I'd call that a threat. Russian missiles have always been bigger and faster but their accuracy is not as great as the Tridents or Minuteman. However nuclear war is highly unlikey as the MAD doctrine still applies.

And of course there is not working antinuclear protection for any country. Even if they manage to disable 10 out of 12 (which is highly optimistic) those 2 would do really big damage. And that is only one ballistic missile!

How many of them there are? Nuclear triad - attacks from land based silos, submarines and long range bombers. I would add attack from space because there is probably many nukes at this moment in low earth orbit ready to attack!

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Do you think that anyone who can in anyway harm US is threat to it? Except if they are your ally. Then everything is allowed.

Believe me, you can't look at world in black and white manner as you do. Do you think that Saudi Arabia is your great ally and does not pose any threat for US homeland security? (do you know how much money they spend for lobbying in US?)

Maybe better example... Turkey. Do you think that they are still your big ally and that they are willing to do whatever Washington and Pentagon tell them to do?

I mean, man I'm not trying to attack you are your beloved homeland USA. I agree with you on many issues and topics, but this is not one of them. What really bothers me is your Hollywood-style view of the world where America is ultimate good and all others (if they are against it) are ultimate evil

You can dislike me because of this, but that is simply the truth and I'm not willing to go against it no matter what (OK maybe for some fat dollar account :), but for free not for sure)

Listen, Russia is not our friend in anyway. Russia is every bit the as it was during the Cold War. Dudaboss, why did Russia VETO at the UN to send a team of monitor and conduct test to see if there was a Chemical Attack, why? The answer is simple the gas used has finger prints all over it, why again does Russia veto the resolution to allow teams into the area? Very, Very troubling.

Dudaboss I do not dislike you at all. I am just stating my opinion for the Geo Polotics. F Russia. They have purged 100s of millions of people. Putin is a vile individual.

The United States is a good compassionate country. We don’t want war; however, we did not start this but like the Japanese Admiral leading the Pearl Harbor Attacks, If you hit us and by surprise, when we are not looking, then it’s game on and you can stand by because we’re coming to kick the shit out of you.

We have been very reserved actually. The Iraqis, ISIS, and Afghans do not face us on the battle field face to face, instead they shoot from Mosques, schools, and hospitals because they know we are disciplined and won’t rain Artillery on their sorry asses, believe me when they shoot before that round hits the ground we know where it came from.

Last edited:

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Maybe it's time for US to back down a little bit. They didn't do that in long long time. Russia drawn red line somewhere trough the Syria. I think it's best for all of us that USA I respect that. I don't think Ruskies are willing to back down. In other hand watching Iraq and Libya ... maybe is good idea to let someone else try something else.

FECK NOW, not a damned inch

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
FECK NOW, not a damned inch
So do you think US should send troops in Syria and directly confront Asad and Russians?

NATO came on Russian borders. Ukraine was next target. Russians draw red line and we have what we do in Ukraine.

Watching from neutral position looks to me then US threatens Russia more than other way around.

War in Syria is about who will sell gas and oil to Europe. Russia or US backed Gulf countries. Big part of Russia GDP is from selling fuel to Europe and they can't afford to lose that for price of nuclear war (I think so)

Best option for all of us is if US backs down from Syria

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Trump was, "Head & Shoulders", over Macron
Very subtle that Andy. The worse part is, his vieille (c'est le cas de la dire) was there. My Missus would have taken offense to it.

For those who do not know what we are talking about: Pr. Trump flicked some dandruff off of Pr. Macron's suit.
Now what ?

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
So do you think US should send troops in Syria and directly confront Asad and Russians?

NATO came on Russian borders. Ukraine was next target. Russians draw red line and we have what we do in Ukraine.

Watching from neutral position looks to me then US threatens Russia more than other way around.

War in Syria is about who will sell gas and oil to Europe. Russia or US backed Gulf countries. Big part of Russia GDP is from selling fuel to Europe and they can't afford to lose that for price of nuclear war (I think so)

Best option for all of us is if US backs down from Syria
Gotta agree with Dusa on this one, patriot missile batteries in Poland, and NATO training and exercises throughout Eastern Europe. Massive military buildups in Eastern former bloc and Warsaw pact countries changing over to western weapons as well as those countries joining NATO. Crimea has always been a hotspot and a contested region. Yeah I'm definitely agreeing with the fact that you cant just annex another countries territory, and the sanctions were completely justified.
Syria on the other hand is a clusterf**k, the Russians are there on the invitation of the internationally recognized government of Syria. Yeah Assad is a brutal dictator but the U.S. and NATO backing a bunch of random "moderate" groups is a complete disaster and powderkeg of problems the AlAwaites are very secular and have managed to curb extremism in Syria before the arab spring, who is NATO even pouting as a replacement for Assad? In Iraq they at least had a government waiting in the wings. The Syrian rebel groups are exactly that, rebels. The NATO presence is a detrimental thing to the whole stability of the region, pull out and mediate peace talks between Assad and the rebel groups and the Russians will do the same.
US and NATO troops taking and holding territory in Syria is almost the same as Crimea, they are there with troops in a sovereign state without a formal declaration of war, plain and simple.