a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from North Macedonia

Reaction score
Home Country
Macedonia
Hello everyone, I am 24, with no military background or training
Considering to enlist this year (either on summer or autumn)
Im doing some pre-entry training and learning French and how to swim
mostly concerned about the French, any idea where i can learn the essentials online?

I will also have to cold turkey smoking, but im not too worried about that
any tips on how to get ready for what awaits?

I'm also a hard gainer, 67kg currently and im about 180cm

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Ernold and welcome to the forum.
What exactly do you mean by being a hard gainer?
Most go for DuoLingo to learn French. I personally use https://www.learnwitholiver.com/
They are both for free, Learn with Oliver, is OK because it sends me a phrase a day which when you open it up it breaks down the sentences and there are games etc, I don't really know anything about DuoLingo, but most of the people on here use it.

Reaction score
Home Country
Macedonia
Hi Ernold and welcome to the forum.
What exactly do you mean by being a hard gainer?
Most go for DuoLingo to learn French. I personally use https://www.learnwitholiver.com/
They are both for free, Learn with Oliver, is OK because it sends me a phrase a day which when you open it up it breaks down the sentences and there are games etc, I don't really know anything about DuoLingo, but most of the people on here use it.
Hey Joseph, yeah I have DuoLingo installed, ill check the site u recommended as well
What i meant by hard gainer is also called Ectomorph, im skinny and agile tho hard to gain weight, havent had discipline to develop muscle, im doing some workout before i join so i can at least get used to the life1621216661481.png

Reaction score
Home Country
Macedonia
Im doing some research on the different units i can choose, can anyone tell me what does the mountain commando group and the Surveillance & Direct Action platoon entail? or just general info on the units i can look into

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Concentrate on getting in as there will be enough time to choose your regiment later. You may be asked which regiment you would like while you are in Aubagne, however no-one takes any notice of that.
When you are in castel, you will be taught all about the different regiments.

My video which I'll be bringing out later on today will be called REP fever. The video is a hommage to people like Mark W. who jumped into Kolwezi in 1978, Today, 18th of May starts operation Bonite or otherwise known as Leopard.