a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Good day,
Happy to finally be able to post. I have spoken to some of you before via Joseph Cosgrove’s post via email. I’m SC in the post and for those who haven’t seen them I’m 36 ex-Brit military having served 10 years; have been contracting on land and sea since leaving and am now waiting for the boarders to open so I can try my hand in the Legion.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Hi, D. p and welcome to the forum, we salut you
Like USMCRT says, about the age...your recruitment might be complicated but certainly not impossible
(You will have to attempt to find out)
I did basic with another Jock who was 38 when he joined
A lot in your favour is your experience
I know, personally several, and all ex legios, who done the Maratime security
We have on board (excuse the pun) an ex land contractor (Miam)
Can i ask you, type of règiment you served in?
It might help in giving more solid feedback
As for the borders reopening and when, that's anybuddies guess
I too am a waiting
7 pull ups at the gate
Level 7 in paradise (holding pen for the wannabe) on the Luc Légère test (beep test)
Legion accords lots of importance on the french language (wasn't always the case)
Avé
L.P.C.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Like USMCRT says, about the age...your recruitment might be complicated but certainly not impossible
It might help in giv
It might help in giving more solid feedback
As for the borders reopening and when, that's anybuddies guess
I too am a waiting
7 pull ups at the gate
Level 7 in paradise (holding pen for the wannabe) on the Luc Légère test (beep test)
Legion accords lots of importance on the french language (wasn't always the case)
Avé
L.P.C

Thanks for the reply.
I enlisted in the Royal Marines and served three years before taking a transfer to the Navy and serving a little under seven years. (Yes a woman was the route of that p$ss poor decision but that's a story from another time and another beer lol)
My fitness is good and my French very very basic but I'm working on.
I happy to give more detail of my units and trades but would rather do that via private message.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Now that's more like it, and in the correct place too. A word of caution before you go, do not compare what you see in Aubagne with what awaits you in Castel or your regiment. Remember that Aubagne is trying to weed out those that have made a mistake. Also, and this is a major point, do not try and compare the legion basic to the RMs. I thought it was important to bring this up as there IS a big difference, which I'm sure you're wondering about?

As for the fitness, you have got to be nearly at the your peak, because there is a lot of younger potential out there, so make sure that you pass the entrance test les doigts dan le nez, which is French* BTW, :ROFLMAO: I'm on form lads.:whistle: I'll be going on a run/walk in about an hour's time as my big tow seems to better.

* whoever wrote aujourd'hui, should copy it out 5 times !

Most viewed threads of the week