Having a serving girlfriend ...

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Not true. Rising damp, was the main ingredient for explosives before the T.N.T.
Post Shitum: without “catins”, do you seriously believe that la Légion would be the infamous fighting force we are?

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Funny thing, in American English, a “tart” is still just a (sort of) pie. Only in British English does it refer to a woman. (...)
Two countries separated by the same language, no ? Same with French French and Canadian French or other languages spoken in different countries. Famous example is the word “gosses” which means kids in France and b*llocks in Québec... Can cause some embarrassing misunderstandings... :cool:

Kind of like how the word “Catin” is generally negative in France but down here it either means “doll” or is just a term of endearment.

There's even a Zydeco song called “Jolie Catin”... I've often wondered what it must sound like for the French to hear some créole singing about his “pretty whore”.
Catin is actually quite old-fashioned on this side of the Atlantic. It can mean a whore or just an easy girl. The Brits would say a “sausage jockey”... :D

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Mais, that's about what I figured. I didn't reckon there'd be a direct route to MARSOC fresh out of boot.

View attachment 5372

I'm sorry. You're, of course absolutely right. But that was one too many 'Garontees's'' for me to not drop a Justin Wilson reference.

Which reminds me: In your opinion, is Justin Wilson Cajun or not?
Justin Wilson was certainly a Cajun Ambassador, we have a saying if you live i

Crawdad

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Not true. Rising damp, was the main ingredient for explosives before the T.N.T.
Post Shitum: without “catins”, do you seriously believe that la Légion would be the infamous fighting force we are?
Aye, twas but a rumour. An' you're right, as usual-- Saltpeter, Sulfur, an' Charcoal indeed makes Black Powder.

As for the latter: what fighting force worth a damn didn't have “catins”'? Caesar's legions had camp followers, la Légion had their bordels, the IJA had their “comfort stations”... Wine, Women and Song, mec.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
But only few could play the tune
Do not confond modern explosives with the,' ancient stuff'
You can be a technical / modern wee brat at most of the times
Just saying

Most viewed threads of the week