a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazing resulting in murder.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
In Norfolk Virginia, USN Seal Adam Matthews, has pleaded guilty to hazing and assault charges resulting in the death of US Green Beret, Staff Sgt. Logan Meggar, from Texas. The incident took place in Africa.

Murder charges were dropped against Matthews since he was prepared to testify against another USN Seal and two US Marines.

Hazing can be exceedingly unpleasant. Our Paras and Marines were renowned for it. Now it is fortunately banned and woe betide anyone caught undertaking this stupid practice.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
It's always the fault of the staff, too busy sipping Pina Calado's in the Mess, instead of looking after the well being of their men

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
In Norfolk Virginia, USN Seal Adam Matthews, has pleaded guilty to hazing and assault charges resulting in the death of US Green Beret, Staff Sgt. Logan Meggar, from Texas. The incident took place in Africa.

Murder charges were dropped against Matthews since he was prepared to testify against another USN Seal and two US Marines.

Hazing can be exceedingly unpleasant. Our Paras and Marines were renowned for it. Now it is fortunately banned and woe betide anyone caught undertaking this stupid practice.
Happened in any regiment not just the mentioned. I think the infantry were The worst from what i saw. Won't mention any Name's on here. What i witnessed first Hand 😉

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Oops, what is hazing? Sorry, I’m not familiar with the term, not trying to be funny.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Bullying...
Adds: a perversion, extra vertie, expansive,sadistic, donkeys charecter developed usually in their child hood ....the age of reason is usually by the age of 7. If you cant understand what is good or bad by then, you probably never will
The parents are usually the ones to blame but not always
Psycotic psychopath's
You can spot them a mile off. .
Loud, bragging, myto's and worship their and only their own existance...
Untrusty sons of burdens

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Oops, what is hazing? Sorry, I’m not familiar with the term, not trying to be funny.
i think they mean Bullying. or giving someone harsh treatment such as a new guy.

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
OK, I got a lot of that when I went to school in Oslo as a seven year old with a country dialect. So what’s that got to do with the military?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
OK, I got a lot of that when I went to school in Oslo as a seven year old with a country dialect. So what’s that got to do with the military?

# you too
What you find in the play ground, you will find in the barracks

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
A kick in the ar*e can be helpful at times to stimulate motovation, but there is a limit to all things
Dépends too on who does the kicking

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
A kick in the ar*e can be helpful at times to stimulate motovation, but there is a limit to all things
Dépends too on who does the kicking
I remember they still did kangeroo courts. never happened to me as a new guy but another new guy did get it. got a few beatings.

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
# you too
What you find in the play ground, you will find in the barracks
That’s odd, we didn’t seem to have any of that when I was in the legion. Maybe because we were at war and bullying belongs with bored peacetime soldiers, like in the school ground?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
That’s odd, we didn’t seem to have any of that when I was in the legion. Maybe because we were at war and bullying belongs with bored peacetime soldiers, like in the school ground?
i think you´re correct there jonny.