Hello everyone , I got a question.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Hello everyone here. I'm soon to be 28 years old in few weeks . I live in Norway. A Norwegian citizen. I have no job, no education and I am going nowhere in life. I feel miserable due to my life situation. Right now I'm stuck in a small town with no opportunities. I want to make something out of myself while I can. I always had the legion in the back of my mind for years. I would possibly like to get a military carreer. I can't join the military here since they have an age limit of 25. I wanna do something with my life. Do 5 years, possibly even more, or get some security job , work as security there, police or in the French army or anything that could be possible by joining the FFL.

I blew pretty much every other chance I had in life, I only have myself to blame , although I had a messed up childhood. I just wanna change and get a new shot at life. I just never seem to be able to function properly in this civilian life. Everything seems easier when you got people telling you what to do and dictate you. I wanna disappear from here. I wanna get tested , mentally, physically, disciplined, I wanna be a warrior. I did a lot of sports, I walked a lot, have run a lot, a lot of push ups , pull ups, squats etc. Trained a lot of calisthenics. Did some boxing , kickboxing also. When I did these things I had this inner peace in myself. Inner peace from getting your ass kicked and testing myself mentally and physically. I love sports. I am physically fit. 6'3 tall, slim but with muscles. I am tired of being here and arguing with my family. I should just leave I tell myself. I don't have much options here anymore . I can't even get a job these days. If I'm gonna go school again I need to take up a loan, find a place to live etc.

My only problem is about teeth. I have been in accident before . Lost several of my front teeth. I am wearing a bridge for this. You can see its a bridge if you are a dentist. Will this be a problem ? As I never understood the teeth part, it doesnt matter if you wear bridge or implants as long as no cavities and everything is taken care of? I also have two teeth missing in the back .

There was a period where I ate very unhealthy but I started working out and eating healthy.

I could get implants later on when I have enough money as they look and feel like real teeth. If I save some money. I still want a military carrier.

This is something that stopped me or else I would of gone no hesitation. If they decline me I need to make sure I got enough cash to get back to Norway and then a train back to my town from Oslo.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello beast1333 and welcome to the forum. I'm sure that there is a question in your introduction somewhere :unsure: but I can't find it:ROFLMAO:.

No worries mate. Do you mind me asking why you never joined your army, It is after all a question that the recruiters will ask you. Also, rather than saying that you have no education, do you mean higher education? If yes, then you will find that your Scandinavian secondary school will be a lot higher than some countries college education.
If I were you, I would go as soon as possible. You will be in your element as far as the weather conditions are concerned. I saw on the French news yesterday that the country is in a panic because there has been some snow:eek:. How are your Pronations? 7 min and Luc Leger? Check out also the I Q tests.
As for the the teeth, as long as the gap is filled it should be OK.
You can see its a bridge if you are a dentist. Will this be a problem ? As I never understood the teeth part, it doesnt matter if you wear bridge or implants as long as no cavities and everything is taken care of?
Sorry beast, I've just re-read your post and found not only 1 but 2 questions. I should ban myself :whistle:. The idea is not to have a beautiful smile, it is more a question of operations. If you go out on terrain or overseas and have neglected teeth, you will be a liability. Sever tooth ache can mean that you must return to base to have it sorted out.

Last edited:

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
  • "be sure you have healthy teeth (or treated)
    • maximum number of missing teeth between 4 and 6, depending on the value of the teeth
    • masticatory coefficient (to have quite healthy teeth) greater than or equal to 40%"

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone here. I'm soon to be 28 years old in few weeks . I live in Norway. A Norwegian citizen. I have no job, no education and I am going nowhere in life. I feel miserable due to my life situation. Right now I'm stuck in a small town with no opportunities. I want to make something out of myself while I can. I always had the legion in the back of my mind for years. I would possibly like to get a military carreer. I can't join the military here since they have an age limit of 25. I wanna do something with my life. Do 5 years, possibly even more, or get some security job , work as security there, police or in the French army or anything that could be possible by joining the FFL.

I blew pretty much every other chance I had in life, I only have myself to blame , although I had a messed up childhood. I just wanna change and get a new shot at life. I just never seem to be able to function properly in this civilian life. Everything seems easier when you got people telling you what to do and dictate you. I wanna disappear from here. I wanna get tested , mentally, physically, disciplined, I wanna be a warrior. I did a lot of sports, I walked a lot, have run a lot, a lot of push ups , pull ups, squats etc. Trained a lot of calisthenics. Did some boxing , kickboxing also. When I did these things I had this inner peace in myself. Inner peace from getting your ass kicked and testing myself mentally and physically. I love sports. I am physically fit. 6'3 tall, slim but with muscles. I am tired of being here and arguing with my family. I should just leave I tell myself. I don't have much options here anymore . I can't even get a job these days. If I'm gonna go school again I need to take up a loan, find a place to live etc.

My only problem is about teeth. I have been in accident before . Lost several of my front teeth. I am wearing a bridge for this. You can see its a bridge if you are a dentist. Will this be a problem ? As I never understood the teeth part, it doesnt matter if you wear bridge or implants as long as no cavities and everything is taken care of? I also have two teeth missing in the back .

There was a period where I ate very unhealthy but I started working out and eating healthy.

I could get implants later on when I have enough money as they look and feel like real teeth. If I save some money. I still want a military carrier.

This is something that stopped me or else I would of gone no hesitation. If they decline me I need to make sure I got enough cash to get back to Norway and then a train back to my town from Oslo.
As you say you have no prospects at home so why not give it a try ?, nothing ventured nothing gained, spring is round the corner so if you cant afford to fly to France you could hitch hike , if you are unsuccessful there's always seasonal work in the holiday resorts. Pay attention to your fitness and crack on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
England
We're in the same boat, minus the teeth situation. I've completely messed up my life here in England and my relationship has broken down and family ties are pretty much non existent. The FFL seems like the only path at this moment in time. I'd love to try out my own countries Army but a criminal record from my reckless teenage years prevents this. Anyway best of luck mate, I'll keep an eye out for a Norwegian fellow when I get to Aubagne!

OP
B
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Thanks for all the replies. :)

Hello beast1333 and welcome to the forum. I'm sure that there is a question in your introduction somewhere :unsure: but I can't find it:ROFLMAO:.

No worries mate. Do you mind me asking why you never joined your army, It is after all a question that the recruiters will ask you. Also, rather than saying that you have no education, do you mean higher education? If yes, then you will find that your Scandinavian secondary school will be a lot higher than some countries college education.
If I were you, I would go as soon as possible. You will be in your element as far as the weather conditions are concerned. I saw on the French news yesterday that the country is in a panic because there has been some snow:eek:. How are your Pronations? 7 min and Luc Leger? Check out also the I Q tests.
As for the the teeth, as long as the gap is filled it should be OK.

Sorry beast, I've just re-read your post and found not only 1 but 2 questions. I should ban myself :whistle:. The idea is not to have a beautiful smile, it is more a question of operations. If you go out on terrain or overseas and have neglected teeth, you will be a liability. Sever tooth ache can mean that you must return to base to have it sorted out.

I never joined because I had other interests at that time. I was obsessed with other sports like football at that time. Things didn't work out in life the way I wanted or the way it could of. When I decided to join one day I was 1 year too old. Their age limit was 25 and I was 26. I did not know this. Very low age limit if you ask me.

I see this as an opportunity to change my life and get a carreer. Become a man. I just hope they accept me, will never know unless I try. It will also give me other things that I want, to disappear and get away from here.

I already had a lot of people discouraging me from going. Some , who don't even know me well and are strangers practically or just friends of some of my cousins, claiming I aint got what it takes and that the legion is the hardest military troop in the world bla bla bla . This has made me even more determined and to get in and prove them wrong.

I never tried luc leger but I have run a lot, I used to run almost everyday . Either in the morning or evening. Been slacking this last week lately but I'm gonna get back on track. I still got it. I will do luc leger before I go.

What are the 7min , also a run ?

I will check out the IQ tests, thanks.

I will go as soon as possible. Just gotta fix few things first.

I will let you guys eventually know how it all goes.

Thanks.

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Legion IS the best army in the world. Probably tied with USMC and British Royal Marines. I've heard American legionnaires who served in our army compare it to the US Army rangers, who have a great reputation. So you're in for a struggle, but if you don't struggle, then it's not an army worth joining.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
What are the 7min
the 7 min(imum) is the amount of pull ups required just to get through the door. But the idea of this forum, among other ideas, is to help make your life a little easier.
Once you begin your basic training, you will be doing all kinds of physical activities which will require all your muscle groups and a lot of stamina. So it is strongly recommended that you train for more than just the minimum requirements.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
Legion IS the best army in the world. Probably tied with USMC and British Royal Marines. I've heard American legionnaires who served in our army compare it to the US Army rangers, who have a great reputation. So you're in for a struggle, but if you don't struggle, then it's not an army worth joining.
Its difficult to compare the Legion to another military unit, because there is nothing else like it. In my opinion what makes the Legion so unique is that its mindset is completely different, for example if the Legion goes to Central Africa it has members that have grown up in that environment that understand how it works, because 10-15 years ago that Legionnaire was probably the one running up to the soldier asking for a sweet.

Compared to say your rural farm boy from Kansas, who has never been 100 miles from where he was born getting shipped to Afghan, he has no idea of the culture or country besides what he gets in a PowerPoint or notebook.

That is what makes the Legion unique, not the fact they're some super door kicking spec op commando force, but that there are Legionnaires from 140+ countries bringing their collective experience into a single military unit.

Most viewed threads of the week