Hello Everyone

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Czech Republic
Hi fellows
I am 26 yo boy and I am finishing my college. However for last half a year I am thinking about join legion. I am thinking that civil work is not just for me. I am looking for hardships and adventures.

I was always interested in wars and army but I have been weak physically and I am wearing eyeglasses so I gave up idea of joining army in my country or FL. But couple year ago I went to Ukraine to take part in hostilities, because how I hear they were taking everyone. I spent there one year and it was even good experience. That war-army life is something what suit me. Despite I am wearing glasses it don't make me problems and as it turned out I am good shooter, at least for the standards that prevailed there. After returning home I went again on college, but now I am hesitating if it was right choice.

I wanted to know your opinion legionnaires, how they could react in recruit center if I tell them my history?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello Trieti and welcome to the forum. If your story is true and there is no reason to doubt it, there should be no problems. Have you used the search function concerning the eyesight requirements?
There has even been a thread started by Wolffen088 recently:

https://cervens.net/forum/index.php?threads/2rep-and-eye-glasses.22919/

Are you sure that you only want legionnaires' opinions? There's a lot of guys with a lot of military experience or those who have been on the forum for a while and I can vouch for their opinions.

Saying that opinions are like advice, you can take them or leave them.

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Hi fellows
I am 26 yo boy and I am finishing my college. However for last half a year I am thinking about join legion. I am thinking that civil work is not just for me. I am looking for hardships and adventures.

I was always interested in wars and army but I have been weak physically and I am wearing eyeglasses so I gave up idea of joining army in my country or FL. But couple year ago I went to Ukraine to take part in hostilities, because how I hear they were taking everyone. I spent there one year and it was even good experience. That war-army life is something what suit me. Despite I am wearing glasses it don't make me problems and as it turned out I am good shooter, at least for the standards that prevailed there. After returning home I went again on college, but now I am hesitating if it was right choice.

I wanted to know your opinion legionnaires, how they could react in recruit center if I tell them my history?
Believe or not, there was a time when there was no internet. All WE had to go on was word of mouth, books, magazine articles and over the top movies. You’re 26 and you’ve already wasted a year and a half. Nobody on this forum can tell you whether you are ready for the Legion...only you know that. The only piece of advise I will give is shortly it will be two years, then it will be three. If you are going to go, then go now before family and friends talk you out of it, or you may even loose that sense of adventure.

Last edited:
OP
T
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Czech Republic
Joseph Cosgrove I fulfill eyesight requirements, I checked it earlier.

dusaboss with pleasure I would read your and anyone else opinion. But I was not in official army, so I am interested how FL would look on it, am I not only criminal for them? Be honest, went on war is not at least ordinary thing, but I don't know maybe that army men community looks on it normally.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Normality in the Legion is an abstract individual conception, usually the Chefs

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
dusaboss with pleasure I would read your and anyone else opinion. But I was not in official army, so I am interested how FL would look on it, am I not only criminal for them? Be honest, went on war is not at least ordinary thing, but I don't know maybe that army men community looks on it normally.
That could be just plus for you.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Look at the fitness requirements body and strength. Pink Floyd said it best, one year turns into tow, three...Never.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Joseph Cosgrove I'm going to go in august or september.
7 full pull ups, no kipping, kicking legs (Ideally do 10 or more)
Luc leger level 7
Get up a 15ft rope a couple of times
Be between 20-30 BMI

Bring an old bag, passport, socks, underwear, toiletries, and your heart

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Trieti,

Welcome to the forum. Note what the Greens post.

Get fit and then waste no further time. The more you procrastinate the less the chance that you will ever go. So Carpe Diem

Go for it whilst you have fire in your belly otherwise in later years it will be a lost opportunity that you constantly regret.

Now 80 this month at least I know, I did it my way and it gives me great pleasure when I think about it.

Chas 99% need not apply.

Most viewed threads of the week