Hello from Colombia

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Colombia
Hello friends good night, for everyone it is a pleasure to meet you in this forum. I am grateful to share with everyone and for me it is an honor. First of all I offer you my friendship and unconditional respect. My question is the following and it would be very important for me if they clarify it to me. I am 35 years old Colombian, I am soon to introduce myself to the Legion, I would like you to help me to know how and in what I should prepare, physical, psychological, mental and spiritual. Attentive to their councils that for me will be a treasure and if they tell me some anecdotes. Thank you very much for your attention and I wish you success in your work.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Hello friends good night, for everyone it is a pleasure to meet you in this forum. I am grateful to share with everyone and for me it is an honor. First of all I offer you my friendship and unconditional respect. My question is the following and it would be very important for me if they clarify it to me. I am 35 years old Colombian, I am soon to introduce myself to the legion, I would like you to help me to know how and in what I should prepare, physical, psychological, mental and spiritual. Attentive to their councils that for me will be a treasure and if they tell me some anecdotes. Thank you very much for your attention and I wish you success in your work.
To start, use the "search" space/button/window at the top right hand corner. Then if you have specific questions, ask.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations to your countryman for winning the Yellow jersey and the Tour de France. Welcome to the forum.

OP
J
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Colombia
Hello Juan and welcome to the forum. When are you thinking of going?
Hello Mr. Joseph Cosgrove, thank you very much for the welcome to the forum, I thank you and everyone else. I plan to travel between November and December of this year what date they would recommend. I would be very grateful that you tell me on what dates and everything you think is important, that I should know about incorporation and preparation, it will be an honor to receive your councils, with all due respect. thank you!

OP
J
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Colombia
Congratulations to your countryman for winning the Yellow jersey and the Tour de France. Welcome to the forum.
if thank you very much, it was with great effort those medals and achievements, they have had to overcome many obstacles to reach those great results, we have good athletes, but the dedication and commitment did everything.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello Mr. Joseph Cosgrove, thank you very much for the welcome to the forum, I thank you and everyone else. I plan to travel between November and December of this year what date they would recommend. I would be very grateful that you tell me on what dates and everything you think is important, that I should know about incorporation and preparation, it will be an honor to receive your councils, with all due respect. thank you!
Hi Juan, just Joseph or Joe will do.
One (of the many) good things about the legion is that you can join whenever you choose. So I'd strongly suggest that you choose your dates in accordance with the cheapest flights. There can be a huge price difference depending on the date you pick. So look at the various airlines and compare prices and dates.
No need to point out that you have chosen winter time and that winter in France is completely different from winter in Colombia.
Another thing to look at is jet lag. If your budget will allow it, I'd recommend that you spend a couple of nights in a cheap hotel in order to get used to the time difference and the weather.
I suppose you realize that at 35, age is not on your side. So it is very important that you are in top physical condition - and not shivering and yawning because of the cold weather and jet lag;).
You must decide whether you want to join in Paris or directly to Aubagne. Check the the stickies to compare the difference between the two (the pros and the cons).
If you decide on Aubagne, I can recommend a cheap hotel for around 50 Euros a night. I don't have any actions in this hotel, but it will give you an idea of the price, Also you must compare the price of getting a forwarding flight from Paris to Marseilles or going by train. Depending on the time of day, a train can cost up to 100 euros, Or alternatively you can get a bus/coach which is half the price but takes twice as long.
Let us know what you decide and we'll take it from there.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Saw a legion documentary & The best runner first in was a colombian guy early 30s. Think he was a cpl. Really fit guy šŸ‘

OP
J
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Colombia
Hi Juan, just Joseph or Joe will do.
One (of the many) good things about the legion is that you can join whenever you choose. So I'd strongly suggest that you choose your dates in accordance with the cheapest flights. There can be a huge price difference depending on the date you pick. So look at the various airlines and compare prices and dates.
No need to point out that you have chosen winter time and that winter in France is completely different from winter in Colombia.
Another thing to look at is jet lag. If your budget will allow it, I'd recommend that you spend a couple of nights in a cheap hotel in order to get used to the time difference and the weather.
I suppose you realize that at 35, age is not on your side. So it is very important that you are in top physical condition - and not shivering and yawning because of the cold weather and jet lag;).
You must decide whether you want to join in Paris or directly to Aubagne. Check the the stickies to compare the difference between the two (the pros and the cons).
If you decide on Aubagne, I can recommend a cheap hotel for around 50 Euros a night. I don't have any actions in this hotel, but it will give you an idea of the price, Also you must compare the price of getting a forwarding flight from Paris to Marseilles or going by train. Depending on the time of day, a train can cost up to 100 euros, Or alternatively you can get a bus/coach which is half the price but takes twice as long.
Let us know what you decide and we'll take it from there.

Hi Joe, thank you very much for the very accurate information, if you are right because of your age, but I am working on it, I train daily to exceed my limits, I am not saying that this is a physical problem, but I am not badly considered from my point of view, right now I run 10km, I do 70 pushups and 8 taps, I know it's not a big deal but I hope to improve myself and improve. I need to train swimming because now there is proof of swimming.