Hello from Hungary!

Home Country
Hungary
Hello everyone!

I'm writing this because i want to ask questions, get advice,tips&opinions.
I'am 23 years old (soon 24, jun 5) from Hungary. I'm 191cm and 78 KG at the moment. I was always intrested in military life, but i think all of you had the same feeling. I would like to give a chance to FFL. I have 3 brother and 1 sister I'am the youngest. My parenst divorced when i was born in '94. I gratuated in high school then finished system administrator profession.

First of all i want to ask about known language in FFL. I only speak Hungarian and a little bit English. My English is not that best. I understand but hard to speak it. I'am better in text than in speak. How can they understand me if i would like to join or how we communicate if i speak hungarian?
I'm not speaking French not a single word.

Second question: I have an allergy in summer for about 2-3 months but with a single claritine pill daily and i am OK nothing allergy reaction. How they react for that?

I have 3 missing tooth and a couple stuffed teeth. Is that OK?

Thansk
"A wanna be"

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Ratings
201 3
Home Country
Norway
Dont worry, I served with a lot of Hungarians who joined the legion after the 1956 revolution, and many of those did very well. You’ll pick up French quickly, no problem, the main words in their language are; depeche vous, con, ta geule, garde a vous, repos. That’s basically it, as I remember it from my days of instruction in the legion.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
807 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
As Andy says, don't worry about the French, you will not be the first and not the only one. Have your teeth checked before going, missing some teeth is one thing, needing dental care is another.

GuidoLovarini

Ratings
86 3
Home Country
Scotland
On the foreignlegion.info website it says that you are allowed 4-6 missing teeth depending on value and to have ‘quite healthy teeth greater than or equal to 40%’ so if you need any fillings fixed etc try get that done.

SnafuSmite

Ratings
257 2
Home Country
South Africa
Two members went, Auroris56 and can't remember the other guy. Anyways both got inapte temporaire for 30 days because they had cavities that weren't attended to. So do yourself a favour and sort your shite out before going.

Ratings
Home Country
Norway
Second question: I have an allergy in summer for about 2-3 months but with a single claritine pill daily and i am OK nothing allergy reaction. How they react for that?
How strong is your allergy? Is the claritine pill necessary for you, or are you OK without it? Do you use prescription medicine, and is the allergy mentioned in some of your medical records? If not, dont bother telling the legion about your allergy, and if its mentioned in your records, tell them that you have grown away the allergy :)

Ratings
905 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
If it is not visible / dont mention it (takes a budget to find out minor stuff, and they dont have )
Poste Schitum : can you do do 7 pull ups and swim 25 meters or more ?
Prioritys are exactly that. ...check your teeth, is another, before trying and wasting evry one's time

Home Country
Hungary
How strong is your allergy? Is the claritine pill necessary for you, or are you OK without it? Do you use prescription medicine, and is the allergy mentioned in some of your medical records? If not, dont bother telling the legion about your allergy, and if its mentioned in your records, tell them that you have grown away the allergy :)
It's hard to tell somedays i'am fine without pills but somedays i need it because my nose and eyes are itchy. I am not using prescription medicine and not mentioned.

Home Country
Hungary
If it is not visible / dont mention it (takes a budget to find out minor stuff, and they dont have )
Poste Schitum : can you do do 7 pull ups and swim 25 meters or more ?
Prioritys are exactly that. ...check your teeth, is another, before trying and wasting evry one's time
With fitness i don't have a problem i can run,swim and do the required pullups.
My teeth already fixed, holes are stuffed and they take out the bad ones. No decay or anything.
All is I am worrying about allergy.

Ratings
Home Country
Norway
It's hard to tell somedays i'am fine without pills but somedays i need it because my nose and eyes are itchy. I am not using prescription medicine and not mentioned.
Okey, then i guess your best bet will be to not telling the legion about your allergy, hoping the stuff you are allergic to isnt as widespread in France, and perhaps you should join after the allergy season, so you¨ll do selection in the autumn-winter.

Ratings
905 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
As above : do not mention your allergy (what ever it is...hard work ? )
Hungarian or Esklimo, who cares ?
Be able to do 7 pull ups or more
25 meters swim
3 rules you have to apply
1, Be Bold
2, Be brave
3, Behave

Last edited:

SnafuSmite

Ratings
257 2
Home Country
South Africa
Is it debilitating? If yes then stay home, if not keep your gob shut. Could you manage without your meds? These are questions that you have to ask yourself. The selection process has become quite competitive, why would the Legion take a guy that is on prescription medication or has terrible unmanageable allergies over a perfectly fit and healthy bloke?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
316 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hmmm allergy- Hungary rings a bell in my head. Do you ever ask yourself why did allergies skyrocket in last 20 y?

I did, and only reasonable explanation is poisons they spray on fields. Thats is price we pay for eating cheap food (and gonna be more on that bill).

I had troubles with allergies myself. What I did notice is that if I go to really urban area I didn't have troubles with allergy. Half urban area, lil bit troubles. Rural places (my home) noticeably allergy from about this time of year until second half of July. Thanks god, my troubles went down as time goes on, so now I just feel itchy eyes now and then (in mentioned period of year).

What I did notice that allergies have to be connected with increased usage of poisons in agriculture. Working in that branch myself I noticed that poisons (Herbicides, (mostly) Fungicides and Pesticides) have something with people's allergies skyrocketing.

If one goes to doctor he would be saying that is from pollen and and similar shit, prescribe you a medication and that it. And why not? They are paid from pharmaceutical mafia which are probably well connected with Bayer, Monsanto and so on... circle goes.

I'm just hoping that increase in allergies, cancers and other diseases in rise is just side effect of poisons needed to produce cheap food. I really do hope that humans still didn't gone so corrupt and money driven to purposely poison population just in order to sell them a cure!

Most viewed threads of the week