a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from UK

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Always had an interest in The Legion, it comes and goes really I can go weeks/months without thinking of it, but then it can be the only thing on my mind for weeks/months.

I’m currently serving in the UK military, and whilst I do enjoy it I’m somewhat frustrated that there’s no proper ops about at the minute and it’s gonna be a while, if at all, until I get a medal on my chest. I’m aware that the FFL have a number of Ops on at the minute so I’m just here really to soak up as much info as I can and see if it may or may not be a wise move in x amount of years time.

Cheers

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Ops are bound to come, plenty of stuff happening at the moment....and if BoJo becomes prime minister you'll be begging for no ops.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
How long have you been in the British Army and when can you leave ? why not change regiment as theres no guarantee you`ll get deployed anywhere interesting in the Legion.?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You could even Transfer to another Arm.. Navy or RAF. Do the 5miler of death 😄

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
But joking aside i am sure there are good RAF Regiment guys... The Royal navy divers courses are supposed to be hard too.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello and welcome to the forum. Just remember that you'll be stating all over again from the bottom.

Reaction score
Home Country
England
How long have you been in the British Army and when can you leave ? why not change regiment as theres no guarantee you`ll get deployed anywhere interesting in the Legion.?

I am considering P Coy and moving across to the Airborne regiment, or an all out transfer to The Parachute Regiment

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Hello and welcome to the forum. Just remember that you'll be stating all over again from the bottom.

Thank you, Yes the thought had crossed my mind, I need to properly evaluate my motivations for starting from scratch again be it the Paras or FFL.

With the FFL, what’s the terms in which a recruit can leave training? Is there a window whereby a recruit can leave no questions similar to the British military which is between week 4 and 28 I think?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
well if i´m right with the cap badge you´ll go to 7 RHA as para. Remember 1 st RHA in Hohne Germany. they used Abbots 105mm.
rha-cap-badge.png