[Joining] Hello!

Ratings
79 2 3
Home Country
Argentina
Hello, just a quick introduction. I'm from Argentina, 31 years old, right now living in the netherlands. I used to be in the Argentinian Army, as an Ordnance Officer, due to a death in the family i had to leave the Army. After the Army i worked for a few years in the US Embassy in BA as a LGF Supervisor, a job that i did like a lot, but sadly the contract was only for 5 years and the company where i was working did a lousy job to renew the contract. As a side jobs i worked as gunsmith and during the weekends as a Shooting instructor.
I will be trying to join the FFL about October/November, my idea is go to Fort de Nogent, since i only have to take a train to Paris and then i can walk to the Fort.
Since my age is not on my side my idea is go in those months so maybe (a big MAYBE), there will be less people than in hotter months. While a lot of people said not to bring any certification you may have, i did bring all the papers i could, from what i been reading if i want to join at my age i have to "sell me"/ get a good image to the DSPLE and like a friend of mine says "you only have one chance to make a first impression".

Ratings
79 2 3
Home Country
Argentina
How did you end up in the Netherlands?
Usually Argentinians we can stay in the schengen area up to 90 days without a VISA, but there is a type of Visa between Argentina and the Kingdom of the Netherlands that allow us to stay for one year and work. So it was a good chance to get some money and is quite close to France. So it did fit me perfectly.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
316 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Welcome to forum man. It's nice that you introduce yourself. Something I didn't do until today. :)

I'm using this opportunity to apologize. It's not about me or mine bringing-up by my parents... It's because of some retarded, idiotic forum which member I was.

Because that was my only one forum (before this one) I thought that's way people behave on forums. Fast forward and I realize that here, people are much more respectful to each other and on higher level of culture in comparison to that, mine first forum.

Wish you a best GSP!

Ratings
Home Country
Bulgaria
Welcome GSP,
do not bother about your age, you will be one of the youngest there :D
Take care of your BMI, start making some IQ tests, keep your body and mind fit.
Good Luck!

Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom
GSP,
Welcome to the forum. Your age, maturity and previous military experience can work to your advantage. However if you do get selected, you will be at the bottom of the food chain and can expect to be bawled out by young NCOs' with far less experience. As a former Ordnance Officer will you be able to accept that ?

Anyway good luck in all your endeavours.

Chas a young 79 and former RM Cdo officer via ranks and subsequent Queen's Regt. TA officer.

Ratings
79 2 3
Home Country
Argentina
GSP,
Welcome to the forum. Your age, maturity and previous military experience can work to your advantage. However if you do get selected, you will be at the bottom of the food chain and can expect to be bawled out by young NCOs' with far less experience. As a former Ordnance Officer will you be able to accept that ?

Anyway good luck in all your endeavours.

Chas a young 79 and former RM Cdo officer via ranks and subsequent Queen's Regt. TA officer.
Being at the bottom of the food chain, is not really issue. It wouldn't be the first time in fact i never remember being at the top or near the top. Even more ordnance is a "speciality" in the A Army and most of the "main" branches (Infantry, Chivalry, Artillery,etc) will look down on you.
Also when you are a Cadet a lot of NCO are above you, after you graduate, as a 2nd LT, most of the NCO will be above you, even if technically you outrank them.
Is not uncommon to see 2nd LT sent to jail because they tried to play the "I outrank you!!" card with a Corporal first class or a Sargent and then get sent to jail by a Captain because of that.
Until you reach 1st LT, they will advice you to keep your mouth shut.

But that is an interesting question that most likely the DSPLE will ask.

Ratings
75 1
Home Country
Egypt
Being at the bottom of the food chain, is not really issue. It wouldn't be the first time in fact i never remember being at the top or near the top. Even more ordnance is a "speciality" in the A Army and most of the "main" branches (Infantry, Chivalry, Artillery,etc) will look down on you.
Also when you are a Cadet a lot of NCO are above you, after you graduate, as a 2nd LT, most of the NCO will be above you, even if technically you outrank them.
Is not uncommon to see 2nd LT sent to jail because they tried to play the "I outrank you!!" card with a Corporal first class or a Sargent and then get sent to jail by a Captain because of that.
Until you reach 1st LT, they will advice you to keep your mouth shut.

But that is an interesting question that most likely the DSPLE will ask.
Same case here in Egypt, but it goes on further than that once you reach first lieutenant (even if reserves) you can literally f*** any NCO even if he is a master sergeant or a sergeant major of the army equivalent to it here is sul and shawish/raqib awl (awal is first so firsh sergeant) in arabic. Most of the NCOs here are illiterate and from upper egypt they can barely speak arabic.

Most viewed threads of the week