a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

ScottD

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hello everyone, I started reading this forum a few days ago when I was looking for information on the FFL. It seems like a great place.

I have been interested in a military career for a long time and have considered joining US military several times. The main reason I decided against joining the US military was for moral reasons. I understand that a soldier needs to follow orders even if he doesn't agree with them, but I dont like the way my country is being run and joining now would mean i would be guarenteed to do things I dont agree with. with the FFL I get the benifit of the doubt, I might be sent to fight for somewhere I completely aprove of. This is why i have been considering the FFL over my my native armed forces.

Right now my life is stagnant. I was schooled at home by my parents through highschool and then attended Truman State University in Missouri. I did poorly in school and left by choice during my second year. I didn't like school very much, it seemed like I had just finished waiting to graduate from highschool and now I was just waiting to graduate from college, so that I could get some 'respectable' job and wait to retire. I realized that I enjoyed my minimum wage burger flipping job more than attending a highly selective university.

I have no debts. The only thing that would stop me from joining would be my parents objections. They are oposed to the military, but a lot of their feelings are centered on US politics, they may be less opposed to the idea of the FFL.

anyway, that's my post of introduction,

-Scott

crazysix0231

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hey, welcome to the boards, I read your post it very interesting, I was a Marine, by choice,I have done things and been places, I didnt agree with but you do it for the gut next to you and you put aside your personal feelings. I wish you luck in your quest, and again welcome.