a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here goes nothing

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Sorry to hear you failed selection, if it was only eyes and wisdom teeth then both might be able to be corrected. Like the old bulls have been clearly stating about medical advice on the forum, consult your doctor.

My son wanted to apply for our federal law enforcement agency but needed non-assisted 20/20 vision prior to being accepted. This was sorted out by laser eye surgery.

As for wisdom teeth, my army dentist has told me that my retirement hobby will be flossing and maintaining great dental hygiene so that I can keep my wisdom teeth. I have been told by my dentist that earlier is better for having them pulled.

Anyways, that was my experience and now I go back to the old bull statement, consult your doctor/dentist and see where that takes you.

You went to the gate once, best of luck with your future.

Steve

gatorojo ✞

Missed friend...
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
What the others have already said, you went and knocked on the gate. That says enough! Congratulations for having the stones, mate! I'm sorry you didn't make it this time, but I'm pulling for you for the next shot!

Respect!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Sorry to hear you failed selection, if it was only eyes and wisdom teeth then both might be able to be corrected. Like the old bulls have been clearly stating about medical advice on the forum, consult your doctor.

My son wanted to apply for our federal law enforcement agency but needed non-assisted 20/20 vision prior to being accepted. This was sorted out by laser eye surgery.
As for wisdom teeth, my army dentist has told me that my retirement hobby will be flossing and maintaining great dental hygiene so that I can keep my wisdom teeth. I have been told by my dentist that earlier is better for having them pulled.

Anyways, that was my experience and now I go back to the old bull statement, consult your doctor/dentist and see where that takes you.

You went to the gate once, best of luck with your future.

Steve

Please anyone wanting to join the legion take SLehman's advice and the other fifty people who have said the same thing. Sometimes it's like flogging a dead horse. Don't tell me that there is a waiting list for the dentist, because that is what the legion will tell YOU. I read all the posts about how the men are training for weeks to go,Well if you had been on the waiting list when you started training then you would be one hell of a fit, possible recruit, waiting in the waiting room to see your dentist. Sorry no excuses, you had been warned. This said, good luck if you try again, Joe.

Sparrow

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Good on you for trying! Sorry to hear you failed though, unfortunately not everyone can get in. Good luck if you should try again and keep us posted.