a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey everyone!!

type96

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I tried the best with my spelling ;)

Hey i'm the new kid in the block on this forum. I hope someday I can do something with my life that no one else has done in my town, like joining the Legion. I'm a high school kid looking for an adventure in my life and looking for change physically and mentally. I struggle with school cause I have learning disability but I hope that doesn't stop me from accomplishing my dreams. I took a year of Spanish and did fine but not too well on the final exams. I hope that I make the right decsion in my life cause I'm graduating in 2007. I want to be a legionaire and wear the Képi Blanc with honor and overcome my learning disability so I won't be peeling tater's and tomatoes in a smelly kitchen.

I heard Rossetta stone is a good language learning tool?

K9-

Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
hey. i wish you welcome on the forum. i have been register just yesterday, and you know, you'll have to tell us something about you(where are you from, age...). i red it all about it and you'll do it either way.

btw. your english is great.:) :)

MOUNTAINMAN

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
:) Welcome aboard newcomers. Make sure you search this site before you ask any questions, as they have probly been answered before. If you want good, sound advice you should fill out your profile. That way the one answering your question has something to go off of. And type96...Nickfury has a great signature. If you are serious about joining, that quote from Calvin Coolidge should be a great inspiration.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." :cool: GOOD LUCK:cool:

K9-

Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
type96 try pimsleur program for language learning. i found it with the program called bit comet. just write Pimsleur - French and download it, or you go to their site and buy it.

wannabee

Reaction score
Home Country
Belgium
K9- said:
type96 try pimsleur program for language learning. i found it with the program called bit comet. just write Pimsleur - French and download it, or you go to their site and buy it.
don't you have to buy it everywhere?

K9-

Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
wannabee said:
don't you have to buy it everywhere?
Sorry, can you rephrase that sentence, i can't understand what you mean.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Welcome aboard. Changing life is a good motivation to join the Legion. In their recruiting post you often the advertising "Voir la vie autrement" (seeing life differently).

Black-Panther

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Type 96 I see we both have the same dream of being legionaires.

Mise

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Welcome, I hope you fulfill your dream. And don't forget that, a garrison full of 'action heros' must eat and at regular intervals you will peel the spuds and wash all the dishes for everyone.