Hey

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Israel
Hey,

My name is Eli and I am a former marksman of the IDF. First of all I want to say that I'm glad I discovered this forum, I never would have thought something like this exists. Thanks for creating it and keeping it alive.

So yeah, this last year I've been thinking of joining the FFL purely for the military experience and action. I am an adrenaline freak, yes. I originally wanted to finish my mandatory service and become either a mercenary or a professional bodyguard. Neither of these worked out. Most private militaries around the world require European or American passports/citizenships. As for the bodyguarding, I lack a military course that prevents me from going towards that path VIA official companies that have government issued contracts from all over the world, which pays the most. Mandatory service and security in general are a big deal in Israel and even shitty average paying factory job positions require of you to have served.

No, I don't have any legal issues, family issues or harsh financial issues. I guess my life is pretty normal. Re-enlisting to the IDF is a no because this country is a joke in many shapes and forms.

I feel like I said too much at this point so I'm just gonna sum it up with a list of things that makes me want to join and the exact opposite of that.

Pros:
*I get to re-live the military experience and probably see much more combat than I did, unless all those rumors are false(?)

Cons:
*I won't get a passport/citizenship unless I am injured(?)
*I can never return to my country unless I am willing to pay a huge fine to the National Insurance company for the last 5 years and probably another one or jailtime for being a deserter of our Reserve Forces. Or I just revoke my citizenship in the first place.
*After 6 years my Israeli passport will be expired and I will be pretty much stuck in France(?), unless I do what I mentioned above.

I would appreciate clarifications on the question marks and tips & experience in general.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Can you not leave your country legally and not have to pay your national insurance ?

Having seen some of those Israeli girls doing national service I`d stay there :)

How old are you ?

OP
B
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Israel
No.

The women here are different. Western society has a sex culture, Israel doesn't

23 soon.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Brazil
Hello Eli, good to have you here. I am new here myself and the people here are very helpful and serious as long as you yourself are not a jork and over your head. Stick around, i'm sure some guys will start answering your questions.

One of my own reasons for joining is adrenaline as well, the feeling of working together, being part of a group and achieving something as an unit, working hard under pressure.

I'm not yet a Legionnaire, but what i can help you with is:

1) From what i've seen here and in the Legion subreddit, you will go in an Operation at least once in your 5 years, usually after the 3rd year of serivce. The frequency may vary from regiment to regiment, i saw a documentary saying the parachute regiment, 2REP, has the best combat assignments, while others say they are not as deployed due to the expenses required (not cheap).
2) After 5 years of service, you will receive the french equivalent of a Green Card, as long as you had good conduct during your service. You can apply for citizenship afterwards. Getting injured makes you eligible for the residence permit on the grounds of the ''French by spilled blood'' law

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Brazil
Well they look pretty sexy to me....

View attachment 5078
How are excessive amounts of fat in your body (breasts, ass and tighs) lower muscle mass & bone density and long hair even remotely practical for a military lifestyle? This is a legitimate question. You can see her eyebrows are made as well, she's using makeup. Is that practical in the field? I remember an US army research that showed mixed-gender squads performed 40% worse than male-only squads.

No offense but, i think it's no coincidence that most professional female athlets lack some ''attributes''.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
No.

The women here are different. Western society has a sex culture, Israel doesn't

23 soon.
That's right. I mean if we gonna put it more precisely Israel have sex culture and west in most cases lack it. Get laid whenever one wishes ... and got it ... isn't sex culture. It is luck of self control and usually bad thing. I respect Israel and some other cultures because of that. Modern western society making girls into sluts and guys just idiots thinking with their D. heads. It is not good thing and nothing to be proud about.

Amway can't deny that I also saw many pretty girls in Israeli army. Do you think that is propaganda? I'm pretty sure it is :). Don't take me wrong, but your people are masters of propaganda.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, Israeli. Join the Legion, screw home if they want to foook you for following your dreams. You're a free man, so make your decision.

Side note: I admire those who served in the IDF. You are well trained, and here in the US, active and former soldiers think highly of you guys.

OP
B
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Israel
You can't approach women as easy here. Trust me, it's different. I've been overseas and saw it myself. Posing for Instagram doesn't mean anything, it's a trend now. Most of them aren't even in combat units, they do office work and other similar tasks. 80% of those in combat units aren't even fit to serve. By fit I don't mean the weight term, it's just not the place for them. 10% are alright and the other 10% are better than most male soldiers. I had around 10 women and 70 men in my platoon, I only trusted a few women to actually have my back incase things go south. It's nice to have them by though, ngl.

Thanks for the answers.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if the Israeli girls insist on a guy being Cut? Aint gonna chop my Skin for nö girl 😆

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Bartzabel,

Eli you may be an adrenalin freak seeking action. Well soldiering is 95% repetition and boredom. The lucky 5% will get a combat mission. However it is in the lap of the gods unless the international scene changes dramatically.

Of course there are wretched IS duties.

With your attitude you would soon be saying to your mates ; Ca me donne le cafard.

My old unit has only had one year of no active service since 1945.

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
During my two weeks in Aubagne getting processed before Castle there was a bloke who was ex Israeli army. A pretty intense fella, I was one of the few people he bothered to talk to. One day he was there, next he was gone. Shown the gate, or maybe given over to the gendarmes. I never found out.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Hey,

My name is Eli and I am a former marksman of the IDF. First of all I want to say that I'm glad I discovered this forum, I never would have thought something like this exists. Thanks for creating it and keeping it alive.

So yeah, this last year I've been thinking of joining the FFL purely for the military experience and action. I am an adrenaline freak, yes. I originally wanted to finish my mandatory service and become either a mercenary or a professional bodyguard. Neither of these worked out. Most private militaries around the world require European or American passports/citizenships. As for the bodyguarding, I lack a military course that prevents me from going towards that path VIA official companies that have government issued contracts from all over the world, which pays the most. Mandatory service and security in general are a big deal in Israel and even shitty average paying factory job positions require of you to have served.

No, I don't have any legal issues, family issues or harsh financial issues. I guess my life is pretty normal. Re-enlisting to the IDF is a no because this country is a joke in many shapes and forms.

I feel like I said too much at this point so I'm just gonna sum it up with a list of things that makes me want to join and the exact opposite of that.

Pros:
*I get to re-live the military experience and probably see much more combat than I did, unless all those rumors are false(?)

Cons:
*I won't get a passport/citizenship unless I am injured(?)
*I can never return to my country unless I am willing to pay a huge fine to the National Insurance company for the last 5 years and probably another one or jailtime for being a deserter of our Reserve Forces. Or I just revoke my citizenship in the first place.
*After 6 years my Israeli passport will be expired and I will be pretty much stuck in France(?), unless I do what I mentioned above.

I would appreciate clarifications on the question marks and tips & experience in general.

Thanks in advance
Hi Eli. Funnily enough, joining the IDF was one of the things I was considering for doing next after 5 years in Algeria. Other ‘career’ paths that crossed my mind were joining the OAS (Organistion de Armee Secrete) to continue the Algerian messy bit, or perhaps have a go at de Gaulle. Joining the Spanish Foreign Legion, or the mercenaries in Belgian Congo also crossed my mind, so you see, I was already holding the IDF in high esteem!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Brazil
Hi Eli. Funnily enough, joining the IDF was one of the things I was considering for doing next after 5 years in Algeria. Other ‘career’ paths that crossed my mind were joining the OAS (Organistion de Armee Secrete) to continue the Algerian messy bit, or perhaps have a go at de Gaulle. Joining the Spanish Foreign Legion, or the mercenaries in Belgian Congo also crossed my mind, so you see, I was already holding the IDF in high esteem!
Good ol' Congo mercenaries. I speak out of nothing as wasn't even alive during that time 😅 but it seemed like a great post-service experience for adrenaline freaks, adventurers and all kinds of others.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
As I posted on the forum a few years back I knew several. Some have now crossed the bar like my good friend Jerry Churcher former Para circa 1958. A good man who died in France December 2018.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
How are excessive amounts of fat in your body (breasts, ass and tighs) lower muscle mass & bone density and long hair even remotely practical for a military lifestyle? This is a legitimate question. You can see her eyebrows are made as well, she's using makeup. Is that practical in the field? I remember an US army research that showed mixed-gender squads performed 40% worse than male-only squads.

No offense but, i think it's no coincidence that most professional female athlets lack some ''attributes''.
Who cares , she`s hot :cool: , I dont think she`ll be a front line infanteer but possibly a clerical or medical Soldier who are equally as important as without them an army cant function, its worth noting that not every role in the Legion is a front line fighting one.

Most viewed threads of the week